This event has been canceled.

CANCELED - The Eagles Fly at Punderson

PDGA logoSaturday, June 13, 2020 at Punderson State Park in Newbury, Ohio
C-tier · PDGA-sanctioned singles tournament

Comments 38 following

About this tournament

Due to not being able to get this approved by the ODNR in a reasonable time before this event is going to happen, I have decided to cancel this tournament.
Sign in or Sign Up to post comments.

Scott Williams    Sticky June 8 at 7:17pm

So, here we are at Monday afternoon evening. At this point with no decision, I think I have to cancel, I probably should have done it much sooner than this. We would still have to come up with a way for everyone to acknowledge a waiver, actually pay, and all of the other add/drops associated with a tournament.

I don't feel I have the time necessary to make this happen at a reasonable level of quality. I'm going to cancel this event.

For anyone that has paid, we'll be getting your refunds to you shortly. I need to coordinate with Larry on that.

Robin WW   June 9 at 12:41am

Sorry to hear this. Thank you for all your efforts. In fact, please keep my Tournament fee. Let me buy you and Larry a beverage of your choice for everything you went through just to get to here. Whatever money is left please put into the club. Yinz have an Amazing course! Looking forward to making it back someday. Thank you.

Garrett Gustafson   June 9 at 1:45am

Thanks for trying! Any thought to reschedule this one for later in the summer? I'm pretty sure there are 52 people who would show up!!

Scott Williams   June 9 at 3:10am

We already have 2 other scheduled tournaments this summer. I'm also not much motivated to attempt to get this done this year. We'll try again next year.

Paul Keller    Sticky June 6 at 1:08am

To echo and expand on what Scott said, we are facing uncertainty about whether we will be allowed to hold this event. Before holding an event like this at an Ohio state park, we need to apply for and be granted a Special Activity Permit from the Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR). The problem is that since the Covid-19 shutdown the ODNR has not been granting any Special Activity Permits to anyone.

We decided to go ahead with planning this tournament with the understanding that at s ... more

Robin WW   June 6 at 10:14pm

Thank you for the update. Glad I'm not the one dealing with the ODNR.

Scott Williams    Sticky June 5 at 10:59pm

OK, June 5 7PM status update.

Paul Keller will be making another post with some more details, but we are still trying to get this event approved. I totally understand anyone wanting to drop out due to the uncertainty. We have been in contact with the local Board of Health and the Park Manager, I believe we are waiting to hear from the ODNR.

It's been a long process due to getting the Insurance waiver to look just right, and then working with these organizations to show that we are complying with best practices.


Larry Bright Jr.    June 9 at 2:09am

All players who have paid have been refunded. We apologize for any inconvenience and hope to see you at either Pun's Labyrinth or the Oderus Open later this summer.

If you did not get your refund, please let me know. I'm pretty sure I've got them all processed.

bobby jones   June 9 at 8:57pm

Barf Barf Barf. Oh well **** happens.

Larry Bright Jr.   June 9 at 10:29pm

Believe me...I am not happy.

Emmett Messer-Kruse    June 8 at 5:56pm

I cant make it anymore please withdraw me.
Have fun everyone!


Nate Langer    June 7 at 8:17pm

Hi Scott and Larry, any chance I could move from MA1 to MPO?


Robert Grimm    June 7 at 1:23pm

Robert Grimm unfortunately I have to drop.


Rod Kaiser    June 6 at 10:58pm

Sorry something came up can I be removed from the waitlist. Thanks.


Ryan Lynch    June 6 at 12:09pm

Can you guys put me on the Waitlist for this event. Thanks-


Paul Keller    June 6 at 12:42am

bobby jones   June 6 at 1:04am

Paul what's up. Nothing in the message.

bobby jones    June 5 at 2:09am

Sorry guys I couldn't resist after hearing that on the Simpsons

Larry Bright Jr.   June 5 at 2:51pm

HA! I'll check for an update. I'm hoping we have a decision today. Sorry for the wait.

bobby jones   June 5 at 7:23pm

Take your time. No rush hurry up.

bobby jones    June 5 at 2:08am

Are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet


John Luker    June 4 at 9:39am

What I don't understand is the park can have ball golf course open , but can't give us the right to play golf also, sarge

Scott Williams   June 4 at 4:18pm

I don't understand either.

Larry Bright Jr.    June 3 at 9:20pm

All requested drops, division changes, and wait list additions have been updated. Please note that the PDGA site only updates for paid registrations. But the list here is now current and up-to-date, including the wait list, which is now at 6 individuals.

We are working as best as we can with the park system to get this event approved for next weekend. Please be patient with us as we await a formal decision. This should be by Friday, and an announcement will be made as soon as we know. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, but unfortunately, this is beyond our control.


Andy Martin    June 3 at 2:52pm

i'm going to drop as well


Cody Dockrill    June 3 at 2:50pm

I'm going to drop. thanks.


Joe Cruz    June 3 at 12:54pm

Please remove me, thanks.


Scott Williams    June 3 at 1:11am

We are still attempting to go through the process of getting this event approved, but honestly, I have little hope at this point.

I'm very upset over this, I had no idea when things started to open back up that the ODNR would be taking this kind of stance across the whole state.

Trust me, nobody is more bothered by this than me.

If I do not have anything definitive by Friday, this tournament will be canceled. I'm very sorry to have got everyone's hopes up, and I hope things turn for the better next month before Pun's Labyrinth.


Robin WW    June 2 at 9:52am

I tried to pay yesterday. Said error at the end. So tried again. Same thing. Today I see PayPal charged me both times. Please return one amount totaling $32.55. Thank you.

show all 12 comments
Larry Bright Jr.   June 3 at 8:55pm

Gary...I'm sending you your refund right now.

Gary Charvat   June 3 at 10:52pm

I received it, thank you

Robin WW   June 4 at 9:52am

It should be $32.55. PayPal does refund their fee as well if an "item" is returned, but thank you. I am not going to worry about $1.34.

Joshua Strzala    June 2 at 12:30am

May I be moved up to MA3?