Leverich 2x9

PDGA logoSaturday, September 25, 2021 at Leverich Park in Vancouver, Washington
Amateur-only C-tier · PDGA-sanctioned singles tournament

Comments 16 following

About this tournament

2 rounds shotgun start at Leverich Park! This is a sanctioned C Tier event. Payouts will be via scripts. S ... more
Sign in or Sign Up to post comments.
  • ‹ Prev
  • 1
  • Next ›

David Gascon    Sticky August 28 at 7:07pm

Thank you to NADGT for allowing this event to be ran on the same day as their A Tier event. MA1 and MA2 players are at capacity, but please register for their event on 9/25/2021.

Joe Coulter   September 2 at 8:56pm

Zac - I 100% understand the mistake was made on the Washington PDGA side. However, by limiting the number of players in MA1/MA2 to such small amounts is really quite disheartening. This sport is growing at a fast pace. Not every player can take two days away from home/work to play in a tournament, e ... more

Aaron Hursey   September 3 at 4:55pm

Pretty sad to read your condescending comments @Zac Teuscher on this board. Additionally sad that you're throwing someone else under the bus even though it was a 'mistake' - as you pointed out.

David Gascon   September 3 at 5:59pm

Let’s just end the debate because it’s not going anywhere. I’m going to be delaying all comments after this one about this. It’s a less than ideal situation but everyone (me John Zac and anyone else involved) will make sure it doesn’t happen again. No ones perfect but we’ll all grow from it.

Nathan Hicks    September 12 at 7:28pm

If hole 2 is an island, will there be a drop zone, or will we be playing it as a hazard?

David Gascon   September 15 at 6:33pm

It will be marked OB with a drop zone, playing as basically an island.

Luke Johnson    September 4 at 9:54pm

David, do you need any baskets placed in different locations? I can move some stuff around for you. I was planning on moving 3 to the short pin, 4 to the short, 6 to the short, and 8 to the short. But I can hold off or get them moved the week before the event.

David Gascon   September 4 at 10:11pm

Hey Luke. I’ll send you a PM! Thanks!

Alex York    August 31 at 4:19am

Hi David! Thanks for putting this event together. Will hole 8 be played from the long tee pad/closer to the playground, or the original tee pad in the shorter position/closer to lower parking lot?

David Gascon   August 31 at 4:42am

Hey Alex! Of course! I’m stoked to have some events locally and I’ll be doing some more soon. I’m thinking for this event it will be the longer tee pad.

Jeremy Alison    August 30 at 5:05pm

Where can scrip be redeemed?

David Gascon   August 30 at 5:21pm

I’m working with Disc Gold Depot right now. They should be at the event and will either offer a store credit or you can redeem it at the event. I want to make sure there’s a good selection of discs and stock.

Louis Braafladt    August 28 at 4:54am

If hole 3 is in its current position (long on the hill to the right) will it be played as par 4?

David Gascon   August 28 at 5:04am

Yes, I’ll make that adjustment as we get closer to the event. I’m hoping the baskets stay in the current spots for the tournament.

Kit Clement    August 27 at 7:31am

Had a couple layout questions, if you don't have answers to these questions yet, that's fine!

1. Do you plan to have hole 2 play as an island hole?
2. On hole 9b, where will the teepad be roughly marked? Right up to the ledge, back behind the pair of trees slightly behind that, or somewhere else?

Kit Clement   August 27 at 9:13pm

Awesome, thanks for the detailed answer!

Zac Teuscher   August 30 at 6:36pm

In order to limit a players options on a hole you need a waiver from the pdga. Without a waiver Players always have the choice to take their lie from where they went OB, a Drop Zone (if provided) or their previous lie. Therefore no true "Island Holes" allowed unfortunately

David Gascon   August 31 at 3:47am

Thanks Zac. I’ll send you a PM tomorrow about a couple things. ????

Jon Horgan    August 17 at 4:26pm

is this 2x9 or 2x13? just curious

David Gascon   August 17 at 4:52pm

It will be 2 rounds of 13 holes. The 2X9 is just the name of the series of event and what will be on the custom discs.

Jon Horgan   August 17 at 5:42pm