Augusta Disc Golf Classic Driven by Innova

PDGA logoSat-Sun, September 22-23, 2018 at Langley Pond Disc Golf Park in Langley, South Carolina
A-tier · PDGA sanctioned singles tournament

Comments 48 following

About this tournament

This year, the Augusta Disc Golf Association is happy to bring you the 27th Edition of the Augusta Disc Golf C ... more
Log in or Sign Up to post comments.
  • ‹ Prev
  • 1
  • Next ›

Keith Freelin    September 25 at 8:25pm

Do you know when everything will be submitted to the pdga. I keep checking to how many points I got. Says not submitted yet.

Permalink

Keith Freelin    September 22 at 5:43am

Bring bug spray...there are tiny teredactal mosquitoes out there. It's really bad

Permalink

kyle deck    September 21 at 2:08pm

Good Morning,

I am coming down from Charlotte, so I'll be playing the course blind, is there a good guide to Riverview park online somewhere?

Cant wait!

Permalink
Curt Rozell   September 22 at 10:53am

Course for the most part is straight forward and a short walk from the tee pad will get you a look at the basket.

Henry H2 Hamilton    September 17 at 8:12pm

B pool division caps have been lifted.

Permalink

Steve Boucher    September 16 at 6:34pm

Henry, registration will close when? Trying to rearrange my schedule to play

Permalink
Henry H2 Hamilton   September 16 at 6:51pm

Currently it's set to close 9/19 @ 8pm

Henry H2 Hamilton    September 14 at 5:57pm

***Copy of player email this morning**

Good morning everyone. It has been a sleepless night making the decision that I feel will best suit players safety. The storm is entirely too unpredictable which is questioning the safety of all involved. The potential risk of high winds and even higher gusts while the entire event is using wooded courses has left me with the decision of rescheduling the event to September 22-23, 2018. This is next weekend and I’m aware this will impact players fro ... more

Permalink

Keith Freelin    September 14 at 3:31pm

Yall get ready to pay over $100 more for your hotels. Just tried to reschedule mine to next weekend and now prices have gone up. All for 20 to 30 mph winds. No disrespect to Henry or anyone else, but I agree with Felix in a previous comment...should have just voted for a 1 day event for tomorrow.

Permalink
show all 4 comments
Keith Freelin   September 14 at 7:37pm

Which hotel is offering that....that would be great

Henry H2 Hamilton   September 14 at 7:40pm

www.countryinn.com/aikensc

Henry H2 Hamilton   September 14 at 7:43pm

mention "Classic" for the discounted rate. They have held 10 additional rooms at a rate of $85 a night.

Henry H2 Hamilton    September 13 at 7:23pm

Good afternoon players. As everyone is aware I’ve been trying to decide what the best decision ahead of this weekend is. Your safety is priority as well as event staff and volunteers. I’ve had several conversations with the PDGA today after reports are updating and providing us with more information. The uncertainty of the storm is not making decisions easy. Please understand that these are tough choices with very little time.



I want to give everyone my decisions and plans as ... more

Permalink

Henry H2 Hamilton    September 13 at 2:42am

First off, thank you all for your patience while tough decisions are weighing heavily. Please understand that player safety is my #1 priority and I'm working diligently for the best alternative with the event.

I'm aware players are traveling and conditions are troublesome in many areas. Models are changing regularly which is making tough decisions even tougher but I'm continuing to watch so the safest and best decisions are made.

I'm very involved with the PDGA on dec ... more

Permalink
Greg Stone   September 13 at 3:19am

Thank You foe the update.

Kolte Breck    September 13 at 2:02am

I am only staying registered in the hopes that this event gets postponed/rescheduled. I love this event, but traveling this weekend sounds awful with all the people out on the roads. If this event is going to go off this weekend as scheduled then go ahead and remove me and refund me if possible.

Permalink

Garrett Picton    September 13 at 12:06am

I was just informed from family that the hurricane shifted again and that Georgia as a state is now under a state of emergency... does this mean that the tournament is being canceled or postponed?

Permalink
Keith Freelin   September 13 at 12:53am

The hurricane went from a class 4 to a class 3. I live in SC...Langley should only receive about an inch or 2 of rain. I've been watching the hurricane by the hr cause I'm excited for this event so I keep watching. Sorry I comment on everything but only the cost is going to get hit hard....but we should be good...just bring an umbrella!

Garrett Picton   September 13 at 1:42am

I have a wife and 2 year old son. I understand that you have been watching the storm intently but I have to consider the fact of their safety and am trying to just keep up to date with whether this event will be canceled or postponed or if I need to ask for a refund and withdraw. Weather is not som ... more

Keith Freelin   September 13 at 3:21am

I completely understand Garrett. Your family is way more important than a disc golf event. Believe me, my wife is worried too, but she knows no matter what decision is made will be a positive one. I have played in some extreme conditions and yes I want everyone to be safe especially having to travel ... more

Greg Stone    September 12 at 10:11am

The weather channel has the storm with a notable shift in the possible track this morning. The cone extends all the way down into GA now. As much as I have been lookinh forward to this tournament, it may be best to postpone it. Just my 2 cents.

Permalink
Keith Freelin   September 12 at 1:51pm

The weather channel just wants to freak people out to take your mind off the NIKE commercials. Hurrican hits Thursday even to friday morning. By Saturday morning it's just going to be rain. Dont give up hope...I SAY GAME ON!!

Greg Stone   September 12 at 2:25pm

I'm coming from ATL so I would hate to get there just to find out the courses are unplayable due to torrential rainfall. Im all down to play in rain and wind, sounds fun as long as the PDGA is ok with it. Its their ass if anyone gets hurt.

Henry H2 Hamilton    September 11 at 7:43pm

Registration will be open until Wednesday, September 12 at 10pm. I'm trying to be considerate of the storm and players locations. I know some are in areas that will be more prone to disastrous impacts and my thoughts are with you and your families.

I have accepted withdrawals and would like to fill those spots. I have allowed 5 waitlist spots to help compensate for those still watching the weather and making their travel decisions.

Permalink
Keith Freelin   September 11 at 8:29pm

Glad to see the hurricane is moving north so of anything at least we will just have some rain

Matt Peckham    September 10 at 12:13pm

If there's a change due to hurricane problems, how will we be notified? Hopefully we won't have to deal with that, but if you haven't reserved lodging, you may want to make those reservations before they start using "storm surge pricing".

Permalink
Henry H2 Hamilton   September 10 at 12:40pm

Matt I'm currently watching the storm. I will email all players via thier email provided with registration if anything changes.

Matt Peckham   September 10 at 2:37pm

thanks.

Colin Frazier    August 17 at 4:53pm

Hey,

Just had a question about how wait list works for this event. I just signed up for intermediate and I noticed it looks like there's about 7 or so people with waitlist on their name. Is it likely for spots to open up for something like this? Or is it fairly set on the field that is playing? Just curious what the chances of getting to play will be.

Permalink
Henry H2 Hamilton   August 17 at 5:03pm

Waitlist will be in order. Both pools are capped at 80 players. No spots will be added. If drops happen, waitlist will go in order to fill the spot and so on.