35th Annual Spring Fling-It

PDGA logoSunday, April 15, 2018 at Veterans Memorial Park in Florence, Alabama
B-tier · PDGA sanctioned singles tournament

Comments 17 following

About this tournament

Remaining spots are avaliable first come first serve until we hit 90 on Sunday at 7:45am **Due to severe we ... more
Log in or Sign Up to post comments.
  • ‹ Prev
  • 1
  • Next ›

Will Corey    April 14 at 11:34pm

Alright, Due to the overwhelming interest in the event now we have decided to expand it to a 144 player cap and splitting the pools. Pool A will consist of Open, Masters, Advanced and All Amateur Masters. Pool B will consist of all Intermediate, Recreational and Novice. Players Meeting and check in for ALL PLAYERS will be at Veterans Park and the Awards will be at Joe Wheeler. We know this will lead to a longer day and more driving but bear with us, we want to let as many people play and enjoy t ... more

Nithda K    April 14 at 7:27pm

How is it now 14 spots left available??? Is there something I’m misisng? I thought online registration was closed and that it is first come first serve the day of the tournament. Please fill me in. If I can register right now let me know please.

Beth C   April 14 at 7:32pm

Please contact the Tournament Director (Kyle Boatwright) with questions about entries.

stephen kyle boatwright   April 14 at 9:55pm

We are removing the 90 cap. Splitting into 2 pools to accomodate more players.

James Paul Gray    April 14 at 3:39am

Anyway to sign up?

Walker Ericsson   April 16 at 2:55am

I said you could register by showing up early. The couple dozen people who in fact did so agree. I said it was easy to attract out of town participants who preregister, for which assertion I offered as support the fact that (as of that writing) 2/3 (50 of 75) of the field lived outside the Shoals ar ... more

Will Corey   April 16 at 3:19am

yall

Walker Ericsson   April 16 at 3:51am

Y'all hain't never been no word.

Will Corey    April 13 at 6:38pm

Due to severe weather and flooding forecasted for Saturday, The Spring Fling will now be 2 Rounds on Sunday April 15th. The player cap will be 90 and All players will play Round 1 at Veterans Park and Round 2 at Joe Wheeler State Park. This decision was made with suggestions from city officials (McFarland is closing). If you cannot make it and need a refund, please contact us with name and decision by 5pm Saturday

Beth C    April 13 at 4:40pm

We will be letting everybody know today how the weather is going to be affecting our tournament. We are still hoping to have it but may have to do everything on Sunday rather than Saturday. Decision is being made soon.

Beth C   April 13 at 5:30pm

We are being told that mid morning and all day long Saturday is going to be storming...many outside events including a fishing tournament are cancelled. We will let you know but it looks like Sunday may be our best best. And do 2 rounds on Sunday.

Gene Sorg    April 13 at 1:30pm

Keeping scorecards dry and legible is always an issue when it rains all day. Since touchscreen phones work while inside a ziplock bag, good tip btw, will we be able to keep score electronically and either transfer it to paper or "share" with TD at the end of the rounds?

Greg McAtee   April 15 at 12:14pm

Since you have to turn in a card, I recommend writing it on paper and leaving the “leash” in your vehicle.

Nithda K    April 12 at 5:04pm

What are the possibilities of the tournament being canceled if the weather gets bad

Josh Braswell   April 13 at 12:15pm

I'm wondering this too

Will Corey   April 13 at 12:56pm

It;s not getting cancelled, however we may have to move things to Sunday if the weather is bad on Sat. we will make an announcement today if needed

Joe Jefferson    April 12 at 4:42pm

Kyle & Will:

I can't make it to the tournament this weekend. Please process my refund. Over the last couple of days I have been getting sick and it is getting worse each day (itchy throat, cough, sinus pressure, and snot).

I'll be back next year as you guys always run a great event!

Also, last weekend, Pat Robinson and I were at Joe Wheeler and Pat found a Dynamic Discs Renegade (red) with Kevin Boatwrights name and number on it. I am going to give this disc to Steve Sloan and he will turn it in on Saturday morning when he checks-in at McFarland Park.

Thanks guys,
Joe

Nithda K    April 11 at 10:44pm

If no girls register can I play rec with the boys?

Will Corey   April 12 at 4:38am

Sure can!

Nithda K   April 12 at 3:56pm

Awesome thanks!

Keith Saiyasith    April 5 at 10:24am

Can i register the day before or sign up that friday morning?

Will Corey   April 5 at 3:38pm

Online registration closes before then, but you can sign up Saturday Morning before the players meeting and on Friday in person at a time to be announced

Keith Saiyasith   April 6 at 10:21pm

Alright sounds good thanks

Devon Burdett    March 17 at 8:54pm

Hey Will I need to be put on REC division for the tournament.

Will Corey   March 18 at 4:12am

Got it!

Ben Hornbuckle    February 8 at 4:54pm

This was the best run tournament I played in 2017. The SFC team did a great job organizing and the courses looked great. Very fun mix of bomber style and tight wooded courses with the crazy veterans baskets added another layer for a challenge. Excited to play this one again!

Will Corey   February 8 at 10:58pm

Thanks for the kind words, glad you can make it back!

Greg McAtee   February 17 at 7:40pm

Shoals Frisbee Club is the bomb. Old school baby!

jeremiah ray    January 16 at 3:47pm

What courses will the advanced field will be playing?

Walker Ericsson   January 16 at 5:00pm

Bigly tees where applicable?

Will Corey   January 17 at 9:59pm