2nd Annual Chains 4 Change

PDGA logoSaturday, February 10, 2018 at South East Park in Columbia, South Carolina
C-tier · PDGA sanctioned singles tournament

Comments 14 following

About this tournament

Chains 4 Change is a PDGA Sanctioned C-tier CHARITY event. All profits will be donated to the Leukemia and Lym ... more
Log in or Sign Up to post comments.
  • ‹ Prev
  • 1
  • Next ›

Craig Wrenn    February 8 at 2:57pm

Will raffle tickets be available during check in Friday evening and do you have a list of raffle prizes?

Jeff Baisch   February 8 at 3:36pm

I will try my best to make a list of raffle prizes before the event. However, there are some other priorities that I need to handle first. Raffle tickets will be for sale on Friday and I will have most of the raffle items available to see during that time.

kyle deck    January 31 at 1:14pm

Good morning.. My wife is #1 on the wait list, does someone have to drop from Rec Women for her to get in? or just drop from the event in general? Thanks, looking forward to the event!

Nick Maynard   January 31 at 1:53pm

Anyone in the tournament. If there was an A pool and B pool then you would need a player to drop from the same pool. Mostly for big tournaments.

kyle deck   January 31 at 3:43pm

Awesome! Thank you ! It’ll be my wife’s first tournament so I’m hoping she gets in

Christian Cruz    January 24 at 7:42pm

will you have a custom disc for the tournament

Jeff Baisch   January 24 at 8:12pm

We did last year but, we will not this year.

Abigail "Carters Mom" Duclos    January 19 at 5:58pm

Can someone help me understand the points for PDGA or give me a link that will explain. My son is currently registered for Juniors but at the last tourney he played in he scored -4 and someone mentioned if he had played in a different category other than juniors he would have had more points (hints what i don't understand)-- Hoping someone who has more knowledge than me can advised if I should change how I have him registered. thanks in advance!

Curt Rozell   January 19 at 6:25pm

In a c tier each player is worth 3 points for rec 4 for int and 5 for advance. Jr levels at best are 2 points per player

Matt Whitlock   January 19 at 6:35pm

Unless you are planning on taking him to Junior World Championships points don't really matter, even then he won't need more than 200 points for that invitation.

Abigail "Carters Mom" Duclos   January 20 at 6:06pm

Thanks everyone.

Cj "Siege" Nappier    January 16 at 7:42pm

Is there a place to plug in a crock pot for the chili, or do we need to find another way to keep it warm?

Jeff Baisch   January 20 at 3:47pm

Just vegetarian.

Cj "Siege" Nappier   January 21 at 1:57pm

Ok. I'll do my best to bring some chili for you as well.

Jeff Baisch   January 21 at 5:57pm

I'm planning on making some myself for those like me so don't do extra if you don't need/want to.

Curt Rozell    January 9 at 4:13am

Look forward to the event.

Jeff Baisch   January 9 at 12:41pm

Me too brother!

Eric Kohl    January 2 at 12:41pm

Is there a map which shows the short tee locations? May become obvious when I get there, but where is Tourney Central that we are suppose to preregister?

Jeff Baisch   January 2 at 1:14pm

Tourney central will be located between holes 5-6 near the main parking lot. I do not have a map of short tees but you should see white nubs where sleeves are located. Only holes that will be in short positions are holes 1, 2, 5, 11, 15, 16..

Eric Kohl   January 2 at 3:10pm

Okay on the location. Knowing the basket locations help, but was wanting to know the tee locations as it says Rec and Nov will play from short tees. I've only played the course once and probably won't have a chance to play it again before the tourney.

Nick Maynard   January 2 at 3:45pm

Hole 6 - Noted as on top of spillway there are permanent white markings | Hole 13 - Usually Down on the left side of fairway even with the last tree/bush (may change) | Hole 14 - Middle of fairway after the left dogleg | Hole 17 - Near the 300 mark in trees on left (may change) | Hole 18 - Unsure... All tees are subject to change. We will try and get the flags out and/or a map as soon as possible.

Gavin Simpson    December 18 at 2:34pm

Please move Gavin Simpson from Recreational to Intermediate. Any difference in entry fee, I will cover at the tournament or via PayPal. Thanks! Rob Simpson

Nadia C    November 30 at 10:39pm

I'm having trouble signing up for this. Says Paypal is having issues?

Jeff Baisch   November 30 at 10:47pm

I received your first payment for Matthew. Does it look like an issue withe the DGS site or with Pay Pal's?

Nadia C   November 30 at 11:18pm

I got registered. Thanks!

Jessica Kohl    November 29 at 12:32pm

I am confused... Is the event being done by color or like normal divisions? The flyer is showing the colors, but the main page for registration is showing normal divisions.

Nick Maynard   November 29 at 2:57pm

We have changed to normal divisions and will have a new flyer today. Sorry for the confusion!

Abigail "Carters Mom" Duclos    November 27 at 5:18pm

What do most of the "purple" players average on the course?
Is there any juniors?
thanks!

Jeff Baisch   November 28 at 10:02pm

We had two juniors finish 2nd and 3rd in the Rec division last year (<900) to serve as another reference point. One middle schooler and another high schooler.

Abigail "Carters Mom" Duclos   November 30 at 4:43pm

awesome thanks for the information. I see that there is now a Junior 18 and also a rec. which would a 12 year old be registered for? hes pretty decent for his age.

Jeff Baisch   November 30 at 5:23pm

I would start him off in Junior. We can always move him to Rec later if he would like to challenge himself or if no other Juniors sign up.