2018 IDGC Amateur Championships sponsored by Dynamic Discs

PDGA logoSat-Sun, March 10-11, 2018 at International Disc Golf Center in Appling, Georgia
Amateur-only B-tier · PDGA sanctioned singles tournament

Comments 51 following

About this tournament

The 2018 IDGC Amateur Championships sponsored by Dynamic Discs is the 7th Annual hosted at the International D ... more
Log in or Sign Up to post comments.

James III    March 11 at 2:10pm

Apologies TD. My alarm did not get me up this morning. Woke up at the start time of the final round

Zach Shafer   March 11 at 3:09pm

Hi James. Thank you for letting me know. I hope you had a great time yesterday, and we hope to see you back at the IDGC again soon!

Michael Carroll    March 11 at 1:03pm

Where can I find the pictures that the photographer was taking? Are they going to be online somewhere or available for download or sale?

Zach Shafer   March 11 at 1:47pm

Hi Michael. Josh Black (the photographer) will be happy to share photos with anyone who would like them. Please feel free to send Josh an email at [email redacted] and he'll be happy to send them your way.

Michael Carroll   March 12 at 12:48am

Thanks Zach! It was a great event! I will definitely be back!

Drew Patterson    March 10 at 12:00pm

Had a fender bender this morning on the way up was looking forward to it but would be a little late just asking for refund an maybe a shirt if possible

Zach Shafer   March 10 at 12:34pm

Hi Drew. Since registration is closed, refunds are no longer applicable. I would be happy to still offer you your player pack if you still make it up here. As a reminder, if you're only running a little bit late, you can take a par +4 on any holes you miss without disqualification. Please let me know at your earliest convenience if you plan on still trying to make it.

Drew Patterson   March 10 at 1:10pm

No sir not going to make it would like to get my refund sense I’m not playing if not understood an u can send my players pack with Jake sprinkle

Zach Shafer   March 10 at 4:09pm

Hi Drew. Refunds are no longer offered after registration has closed. We can send your player pack with Jake Sprinkle. Please let him know to pick it up from a staff member for you.

Zach Shafer    March 9 at 3:23pm

If you received a message from Disc Golf Scene about owing money for the event, please disregard. There is a new feature on Disc Golf Scene that allows you to indicate who owes money still. After raising the entry fee for late registration, the feature read it as everybody now owes the late fee. This has now been turned off. See you all this weekend!

Bud McLaughlin    March 9 at 2:06pm

Good morning! Will there be updates after Saturday's play?

Zach Shafer   March 9 at 3:12pm

Hi Bud. Scores for each round will be uploaded as quickly as possible to the event page following each round. https://www.pdga.com/tour/event/34357

Bud McLaughlin   March 9 at 3:51pm

Thank you! My son Bo is playing and I'd like to keep up. Appreciate the quick reply!!

Tony DeNauro    March 9 at 12:26am

Ok , I understand , thanks.

Colby Childress    March 7 at 7:09pm

If it isn't too much of an issue, can I be moved from advanced to intermediate?

Zach Shafer   March 7 at 7:51pm

Hi Colby. No problem at all. You have now been switched over from MA1 to MA2. See you this weekend!

Tony DeNauro    March 7 at 2:35pm

Hello Zach , is it possible to get a players pack?

Zach Shafer   March 7 at 3:43pm

Hi Tony. I have already issued the refund you requested when withdrawing. We cannot offer both a refund and player pack.

Brian Thompson    March 7 at 2:24pm

Hi Zack. I sent you an email last night letting you know
that I am having to withdraw from the event. I am in the MA60
division, 25367. If it is too late for a refund, can you please send me my players pack.
Thanks. bt

Zach Shafer   March 7 at 3:41pm

Hi Brian. I just responded to your email.

Cody Justice    March 6 at 3:07pm

Hmmmm. This being a B tier are collard shirts required?

Zach Shafer   March 6 at 3:29pm

Hi Cody. Here is the link to the Dress Code Policy. https://www.pdga.com/rules/competition-manual/304 B-Tiers require you to wear a shirt and shoes; collared shirts are encouraged but not required.

Tony DeNauro    March 5 at 8:18pm

Hello Zach , just sent you an email for cancellation , I wanted so much to repeat this tournament , looks like I will have try next year . Thanks

Zach Shafer   March 6 at 2:12am

Hi Tony. Your refund has now been processed. We hope to see you back at the IDGC again soon!

Jeff Quick    February 27 at 1:41am

Hey Zach, if it isn’t too late can you change Forsby Quick’s shirt size to small? Thanks - Jeff

Zach Shafer   February 27 at 2:02am

Hi Jeff. No problem at all. His shirt size has now been changed to small.

Taylor Burnette    February 26 at 2:45am

Hey Zach, I am currently in intermediate can you please move me in to advanced?

Zach Shafer   February 26 at 4:55am

Hi Taylor. You have now been moved from Intermediate to Advanced.

Taylor Burnette   February 26 at 9:09pm

Thanks Zach

Chad Goins    February 7 at 5:30pm

If this is an "Amateur" Championship, how are players registered with a "professional" PDGA classification?? I am new so may be missing something. Just curious as to how it all works.

Zach Shafer   February 7 at 6:27pm

Hi Chad. Thank you for the question. Please click on the link in the next comment and scroll down to page 8 which covers "Professionals playing Amateur". If you have any additional questions after reading through the Tour Standards, please let me know.

Chad Goins   February 7 at 7:08pm

Thank you Zach. Again, I am new to the tournament scene so thanks for the explanation. That helps me to be understand.

Bryan Hutcherson    January 31 at 4:44am

I want to sign up, but not sure if I'll be able to atttend. I'm in the military and supposed to be overseas already, but I'm waiting on a visa. I could be gone by mid feb, but not sure. If I get sent overseas before the tournament can I get a full refund?

Zach Shafer   January 31 at 2:07pm

Hi Bryan. Thank you for letting me know. Due to the circumstance, I will be happy to honor a full refund for you at any point leading up to the event should you get sent overseas. Hope you get to sign up and play!

Mik Webber    January 25 at 5:39pm

During registration, it asked if we were camping at the park.... Does camping there cost any money?

Zach Shafer   January 26 at 2:52pm

Hi Mikhail. Yes, camping at the park costs money, and is overseen by Columbia County. Asking this question helps us keep our park informed of how busy they will be ahead of time before reservations start filling up. For more information about camping at Wildwood Park, please follow the link below. Thanks for signing up!

Brent Green    January 13 at 2:51am

I know the kid groups say short tees but will they be adjusted in length or be played from the red tee pad lengths that I can find on line? My kid played there in May in the South east childrens. I wondered how the tees would compare to those.

Zach Shafer   January 13 at 12:17pm

All of the tee locations on "Steady" Ed Headrick and Jim Warner are the same as they were last May. The pin locations on "Steady" Ed Headrick have not been decided for this event quite yet, but we plan to move the baskets to a new layout within the next few weeks.

Tony DeNauro    December 16, 2017 at 3:04pm

I agree with Sam , I am going to be 65 in a couple of years . I understand we are not youthful anymore , but I love this sport no matter how bad I play . Its fun and meeting new people is great , as well as being outdoors. Are the doors eventually going to be closed , because I see alot of tourneys now , who do not have senior grandamasters as of 2017 involved. Consideration would be good . Just playing a round of golf , not competing is OK , but playing against better players is definitely more ... more

Zach Shafer   December 28 at 9:03pm

Hi Tony. Thank you very much for your insight. I have now added all age protected divisions to the registration. We hope to see our age protected divisions fill up for this event!

Sam Barfield    December 16, 2017 at 1:21am

What about a MA-65? If the IDGC doesn't use it how can we expect other tournament directors to use it? Thank you for considering it. I just had a non-sanctioned tournament on Decemeber the 2 and we used the new divisions and I had 10 MA-60 and 5 MA-65

Zach Shafer   December 28 at 9:02pm

Hi Sam. I have now added the additional age protected divisions to registration. Registration will open on January 12th at 6 PM EST. We hope to see you sign up!

Brent Dowell    December 14, 2017 at 3:43pm