Alaska Disc Golf Association â€“ Agenda â€“ January 2014
Club Meeting - 1/7/14 â€“ 7:00 pm
Location: 800 E. Dimond Blvd.â€¨Ste. 3-350â€¨Anchorage, AK 99515
(Dimond Center Mall, 3rd floor above the ice rink)
1. ADGA Mission: â€œTo promote the sport of disc golf â€
2. What will we do to achieve this mission in 2014:
- Course maintenance and construction
- Outreach and education
3. Recap â€“ What was accomplished in 2013? What still needs to happen?
- League Report
Anchorage â€“ Louie, Brian
Saturday Singles (PDGA sanctioned winter league)
Homer â€“ Edan
Mat-Su â€“ Tre
Fairbanks â€“ Josh
Outlaw/Hilltop â€“ Thad/Rick
APU - Tyler
Juneau â€“ John S.
- Tournament Report
Ice Bowl, Turkey, States â€“ Brian
Jailhouse â€“ Louie
Russian Jack â€“ Tim, Jeremy
ADGA Finale/State Doubles - Adam
Forest Fling, Gangster Branch, Tall Grass, Kenai Eagle, Dust Bowl â€“ Edan
King of Hill â€“ Rick
Fairbanks â€“ Josh
Greatland Cup â€“ John S.
- Course maintenance and construction Report
Peterâ€™s Creek â€“ Edan, Adam
Kincaid â€“ Brian
New 18 at Kincaid?
Other potential new courses in Anchorage â€“ Tim, others?
- Outreach and education Report
Homer â€“ Edan
Mat-Su â€“ Tre (EDGE)
Anchorage? Who are the contacts for Service and Hanshew?
Kenai/Soldotna? Who is the contact for Skyview?
4. ADGA Positions/Responsibilities for 2013:
Does this list to be updated and added to?
Kurtis Schoenberg â€“ President/Homer rep.
Edan Badajos - Vice President/Secretary/Moose Pretzel rep.
Louie Orozco - Treasurer/Leagues/Membership Coordinator
- Tournament/Course Maint. Coordinator
Josh Jones - PDGA State Coordinator/Fairbanks rep.
Brian Gutzwiller - Parks and Rec. Liaison
Tim K. - Russian Jack/Westchester rep.
Thad G. â€“ Course Maint./Merchandise
John S. - Juneau rep.
Ian D. - Kenai/Soldotna/Nikiski rep.
Charlie A. â€“ Strongside DG/Fairbanks rep.
Josh Jackson - Girdwood rep.
Tre Jones â€“ Alcantra rep.
Ellen M. â€“ 49th State Brewery (Healy)
Tyler K. â€“ APU
Rick K.- Hilltop rep.
Jeremy B, Adam K, Patrick M â€“ Leagues/Tournament Directors
Alaska Disc Golf Preliminary 2014 Schedule
Feb â€“ Ice Bowl (Brian?)
Sat 10th â€“ Shorebird Showdown â€“ Homer, Jack Gist (Pat M)
Sat 24th â€“ Forest Fling â€“ Girdwood (Kurtis S)
14/15 â€“ Gangster Branch Open â€“ Homer, Moose Pretzel (Edan)
20/21/22 â€“ AKDGC â€“ Anchorage, Kincaid (Thad G.)
Sat 28th - Solstice Showdown â€“ Fairbanks, Birch Hill (Bobb L)
26/27 â€“ Mosquito Blood Drive â€“ Fairbanks, Birch Hill (Josh J)
30/31 â€“ Fairbanks Open â€“ Fiabanks, Birch Hill,/UAF (Josh J)
13/14 - Tall Grass Open â€“ Homer, Moose Pretzel (Edan)
28th â€“ Ace Race - Fairbanks
11/12 â€“ Season Finale â€“ Anchorage, Kincaid (Adam K)
Sat 25th â€“ Termination Dust Bowl â€“ Homer, Jack Gist (Pat M)
Sat 22nd Turkey Tourney â€“ Anchorage, Westchester (Brian)
Others: Russian Jack, Jailhouse, King of the Hill, Kenai, AK Doubles, Greatland Cup, King of the Bowl?, Mat-Su?
5. Finance (Louie)â€“ yearly and monthly reports on ADGA finance. How much money was spent and on what and how much money was brought in 2013. What is our current balance? Money collected during leagues should go to course maintenance for the course that league was played at. Membership fees go into the general operating fund for large-scale course maintenance and construction projects. Receipts for donations/sponsorship?
6. Non-Profit Status â€“ The ADGA is a Nonprofit Corporation (#123227) recognized by the State of Alaska. Our purpose is to â€œpromote the sport of disc golf.â€ Biannual report for 2013 has been filed and we are current for 2014.
7. Insurance â€“ The ADGA currently has insurance in place for all members. Additionally insured include (Eagle River Parks and Rec., the City of Homer, and the Jack Gist Recreational Park Ass., Birch Hill, City of Fairbanks, Mat-Su?, Juneau?, Kenai?, APU?)
8. Website - The ADGA will continue to use the social networking site Disc Golf Scene as a discussion board and to post information on tournaments, leagues, club announcements, and other info. Brian can now add staff members to the club page. The ADGA will also maintain the current Alaskadiscgolf.com website. Does this site need to be updated? Do we need a designated website person for the club?
9. Hilltop Update (Rick) - We would like to renew our equipment lease agreement with Hilltop for 2014.
10. Alaska Disc Golf Championships Update â€“ (Thad) - The 2014 AKDGC will be a three-day PDGA sanctioned B-tier event held at Kincaid Park in Anchorage. Thad will be the Head Tournament Director and Brian/Louie and Kurtis will be assistant TDs. We will need to organize a volunteer effort to prepare the course for the tournament and to help on tourney day. Sanctioning is already in place, we still need to obtain permits, get artwork, order discs and other swag, recruit sponsors, rent chalet/picnic area?, finalize schedule (field events, playerâ€™s party, award ceremony, elections).
11. Fundraising/Tournament Merchandise â€“ The ADGA will again be supporting tournaments by purchasing discs, permits, and other tournament supplies. The club will be reimbursed fully at the completion of the tournament. Should the ADGA also be selling discs and other equipment to raise money? Do we need to order more Club Discs?
12. Bylaws â€“ The organizationâ€™s bylaws are not consistent with our Articles of Incorporation and do not reflect the current operations of the ADGA. We will be working to update and improve our bylaws in 2014.
13. Elections â€“ There are currently two vacant board positions (secretary and Tournament/Course Maint. Coordinator). We will be having a special election to fill these two positions. We will be having full elections for all board positions during the state tournament in 2014. The Position of PDGA State Coordinator for Alaska is also up for election in 2014.