Camp Taloali

Stayton, Oregon     1 course · 18 holes     Driving directions

terran ferguson    1 day ago

Anyone lose a DGA Pipeline?

Daniel Schoonover    June 18 at 4:16pm

FYI:

Camp Taloali Disc golf course will be closed June 21st - 23rd for youth conference.
Open June 24th - June 28th
Closed for two weeks from June 29th - July 13th for Summer camp program

** Then **

Open from July 14th for rest of year unless otherwise posted on face book page camptaloalidiscgolfers.

Steve Moore   June 18 at 9:20pm

Thanks for post Daniel, I forgot to post to here, don't check disc golf scene as much as I should these days

Mike Wilson    April 8 at 5:33pm

Great job by all that have given their time to make the additions playable and keep the place looking good!

Ira B   April 16 at 9:18pm

That's poison oak homie...lol

AGRO JACKSON   April 20 at 4:25am

Hahahahahah

AGRO JACKSON   April 20 at 4:26am

No lie I did get poison oak. Not funny it could have been from Milo or Taloali tho

Ira B    March 4 at 3:59pm

REWARD FOR RETURN; Last Thursday after putting in work on 2's tee pad I accidentally left a Saint Pro and a Compass by the tree at hole 5's tee pad.

mike palermo   March 5 at 3:48am

I have one for sale on eBay if you don’t get it back I’ll give you a deal https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F132484947056

Ira B   March 5 at 3:22pm

Thanks for the offer. I'm going to hold out for now.

Ira B   March 5 at 3:27pm

Like the stamp by the way.

Bunny Bun    August 29 at 8:03am

So can i head here tomorrow to play? Is there still a donation box for "pay to play?" Are there 18 baskets?

Steve Moore   August 29 at 12:20pm

donation box is in use and all 18 baskets in play at this time. Thanks for your interest

Steve Moore   August 29 at 5:39pm

https://www.facebook.com/groups/239295519811993/ link to Camp Taloali Disc Golfers group on facebook. There is a current walk thru video created yesterday showing course there. Also where most updated info is kept for now

Bunny Bun   August 29 at 7:07pm

Awesome thank you very much

Steve Moore    August 28 at 9:17pm

The course is open for play at this time except for Labor day weekend Sept 1-4. Here is link to facebook page for group and updates. https://www.facebook.com/groups/239295519811993/

THE "BEAST" OF THE WOODS    June 1, 2017 at 3:30pm

This Sunday will be the series opener. Please have your buy-in ready and remember there is a fee to play Taloali.
I hope to see a good turnout this year as changes to this series are from league patrons suggestions and popular demand.
Buy-in to the points series is not required to play in this weeks D.O.R.C.s league round but the course fee is required. I will be confirming everyone has paid. Taloali is in great shape right now and we are excited at the opportunity to play there this weekend.

Steve Moore    May 16, 2017 at 3:53am

** Camp Taloali Update **
I am happy to announce that for those of you that have not come out yet that the course will be open the next 5 weekends for play. Sunday June 18th will be last day open for play till after the normal summer break. At this time donations will be gladly accepted and be used for the fuel and equipment being used on the course to get it back in shape. When reopened this fall it will be a pay to play course and a reopening event is in the planning for September, more detai ... more

THE "BEAST" OF THE WOODS   May 16, 2017 at 1:44pm

June 4th or June 11th?

Steve Moore   May 16, 2017 at 2:15pm

Beast, get hold of David Jackson, sounds like we can make it work. Let him know which Sunday. Thanks

Steve Moore   May 16, 2017 at 3:12pm

Let David know date and time you want, reach him on facebook if you don't have number. Don't think he watches here. Let me know when set up or if need anything else, thank you

Steve Moore    April 21, 2017 at 3:20pm

I am proud to announce that David Jackson has been approved and accepted for the property manager position for Camp Taloali. This is a big step towards the future of the camp and disc golf course. It will still be a couple weeks or so before the move happens, still some work to do on house to finish it yet for them. Any assistance with house or course is welcome and appreciated, I can be reached to make arrangements as people's time allows. Welcome to you and family and looking forward to working with them. Let's keep it all positive and moving forward.

Matt Bressler   April 21, 2017 at 11:44am

Congrats David!

Ira B   April 21, 2017 at 9:26pm

Right on!

Steve Moore    April 18, 2017 at 4:00am

I would like to invite all disc golfers to join us at Camp Taloali on Saturday, May 13th for a open day of play on the course to come out to see and discuss what is going on with the course these days. It will also be a celebration for my 61st birthday which is actually the 11th. Fees will be waived for the day but donations will be accepted to help further improvements to course, no work required this day. Gate will be open by 9 am and open for the day so show up when you can. Hope to see lots ... more

Steve Moore    March 16, 2017 at 11:29pm

What a good day on course today to enjoy the wonderful weather by. Big thanks out to Lee Hartman and Matt Karnes for the assistance today. We were able to measure out (long tape) all 18 holes and basket positions. This will allow me to at least get some basic temp tee signs in shortly, and then will continue with more measurements as time goes on to get detailed info of fairway, important trees, etc.
Camp Taloali Distances
1 214 317
2 216 311
3 247 350 332 off to left
4 380 448
5 310 450
... more

Mr CLEAN   March 16, 2017 at 8:50pm

Disc maybe?

Steve Moore   March 16, 2017 at 10:27pm

I think I got a disc today, a nice one. Thanks

Mr CLEAN   March 17, 2017 at 12:48am

You deserve it!!!

Steve Moore    March 12, 2017 at 8:59pm

From Shelly at Camp Talaoli who was in charge of caretaker house paint party. "Thank you to STEVE for giving me two great helpers, Dave and Justin. These guys rocked it. They painted ALL the main ceilings throughout the house & master bedroom, NOT including the other bedrooms, or bathrooms, or laundry room. We ran out of white paint." I want to put out a big thanks also for their help and for Jenn and the lunch she provided for us. Thanks team.
Afterwards we all got a real nice ro ... more

Bryan B   March 13, 2017 at 1:00am

Tournament at Adair otherwise I'd be interested. Hope you get more people.

Steve Moore    March 7, 2017 at 2:09am

New Camp Taloali group for all future updates and information. Welcome to come join the cause if interested. https://www.facebook.com/groups/239295519811993/

Steve Moore    March 7, 2017 at 12:27am

Don't know why the scene doesn't like longer message so this should link to my facebook page with update about the camp. https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000646508077

Jenn Woodward    March 5, 2017 at 9:45pm

At this point, if you would like to play this course again it would be nice to get a helping hand from everyone willing and able. Reaping the benefits of those who put effort out shows colors beyond measure. Steve Moore is donating a lot of his time to get camp Taloali back on track for everyone. Whether you agree of what has been done or not, let everyone move forward.

Rick Saffeels   March 5, 2017 at 5:32pm

When is the next work day(s) so we can plan better? :)

Jenn Woodward   March 5, 2017 at 6:35pm

Right now there isn't one planned. Steve will give an update when he knows the date though.

Steve Moore   March 5, 2017 at 7:14pm

I don't have anything planned at moment but will post something next day or two as I can get us in. There is no full time caretaker on the grounds at this time so the gate must stay closed for now.

Ugh Massa    March 5, 2017 at 4:30am

Thanks to everyone that came out today, weather was fair. Cleanup of trashcans and fallen trees from windstorms. Hopefully will have date for next work party and round soon. Need to get woodchipper lined up as well. Hopefully we will see continued support from everyone involved.

Steve Moore   March 4, 2017 at 11:43pm

Yes thanks to those that made it, I spent my time in long meeting today but that is part of my new job as board member deal with the whole camp not just the course which is my main purpose. If anyone can get a woodchipper deal donation we will plan one day to do all piles we are making now. Also t ... more

christopher beltran   March 5, 2017 at 3:05pm

Now is the course open or was it just for these pass Saturdays

Steve Moore   March 5, 2017 at 4:14pm

The course is still officially closed, do not have a opening date at this time. There will be some limited access for more work / play days. I will announce them as I know them.

Ugh Massa    February 27, 2017 at 4:56am

Want to know how much interest there would be in work party at taloali next Saturday 9-11 followed by BBQ. Then a 10 dollar buy in random dubs round. Pay outs to be voted on before flip by attending players. Must do one hour of work party to play in. Casual rounds of course a go no matter what. Ctps also

Ugh Massa   March 1, 2017 at 4:51pm

we are starting at 9am

Ugh Massa   March 1, 2017 at 4:51pm

dont know how much stuff there will be to do. make piles to chip up for walkouts

Jenn Woodward   March 5, 2017 at 4:40pm

Your heart is seen behind your efforts, Ugh ❤

Steve Moore    February 26, 2017 at 2:40am

My original post didn't work for some reason so instead of retyping try this link to salem disc golfer facebook page for Taloali update https://www.facebook.com/groups/147767525330421/permalink/1282155888558240/?comment_id=1282251565215339&notif_t=group_comment_mention&notif_id=1488076395203195

Mr CLEAN    February 22, 2017 at 11:12pm

BRADY REESE thanks for all youve done just to make this even possable my friend!!!! LETS HOLD A CHURCH SESSION!!!!

Steve Moore    February 22, 2017 at 9:39pm

** Camp Taloali Update **
Good news to pass on this morning as I work with Camp for our course. I just received confirmed word that for the next two Saturday's (2/25 and 3/4) the course will be open for play and cleanup. Gates should be open at 9:00 or very shortly afterward. These two days will be donations accepted to play days to help off set cost of porta potty they provide. Eventually it will be pay to play after some more discussions and details to be worked out. I plan on being up t ... more

Steve Moore   February 22, 2017 at 11:16pm

It will be looked into and I am open to all suggestion, ideas, and such at this point. The camp has new board members, Sylvia is gone, and Richard is retired. Thanks for your interest and comments

Jenn Woodward   February 23, 2017 at 11:31am

Dallas is right. If you want a pay to play course, no one should be expected to volunteer. If you don't want a pay to play, everyone should help where they can to take care of the course. It really is not fair of a facility to expect the best of both worlds. That being said, it is a private cou ... more

Steve Moore   February 23, 2017 at 7:27pm

Very well said Jenn, I am trying to make this work for all, and it will take folks to make it happen. I am looking for assistance to make this happen, can make no promises about anything at this time other then that. For those that have issues, happy to hear them out as some of them are those I a ... more