Worlds Longest Tourney- Mtn Man's Winter Shootout For Hunger

Sat-Sat, December 9-16, 2017 at Mountain Man's Playground in Ironwood, Michigan
Disc golf doubles tournament

Comments 7 following

About this tournament

This is a charity fundraiser event. A combination Food Drive for the local food bank, and a fundraiser for the ... more
Log in or Sign Up to post comments.
  • ‹ Prev
  • 1
  • Next ›

Tom W    December 20 at 12:33pm

Final Totals And Winners

Winter Aces For Hunger

We had 28 entries for a $280 purse:

Winner with 1 Ace and 1 dot $65 (donated)

Four way tie @ 1 Ace and 0 dots $35 (most donated)

6th place with 2 dots $25 (donated)

Five way tie with 1 dot $10 (most donated)

$280 to Norrie Park Basket Fund (plus generous donations from winners)

140 non- perishable food items for St Vincent De Paul Food Bank

Winter Shootout For Hunge ... more

Tom W    December 15 at 12:47am

Just got back from shoveling all the tee pads for the last weekend of the event. IF anyone is planning on coming Sunday please let me know in advance. I will be there all day Saturday.

Lot's of snow on the course, but it's entirely playable. I have main trails made but it's all light fluffy easy to walk in powder. Knee deep in places, yet I was able to hit solid ground every step with regular snow boots on.. Like walking through cotton.

Amazing winter conditions, IMO. Gorgeous, pristine, serene! Definitely need ribbons on your discs!

Tom W    December 11 at 11:06am

Totals including both events:

$335 to Norrie Park Basket Fund
$335 to payouts
185 non-perishable food items for St Vincent De Paul Food Bank

... more

Tom W    December 10 at 11:02am

It's winter here now! Well, going into the last two weekends of these events, and Mother Nature has decided to bring it! Over 12 inches of powder on the course, with over 15 inches in the open spots!

All tee pads are shoveled, both regular and Ace Run pads. You will need to put ribbons on your discs, or implement your favorite winter time disc recovery system!

Come on up, support two great causes, and enjoy the pristine beauty of winter golfing at Mountain Man's Playground :-)

Tom W    November 30 at 11:32am

Hey HEY hey...

Going into the third of five weekends of this event, and the weather forecast is looking fantastic!

High's in the 40's, and no snow!

Good time to come on up and throw some plastic! And donate to a couple of really good causes!

Course conditions are perfect for winter golfing... any snow left is hard pack, so there are no issues with losing discs, at least at this moment. Up here, things change fast. Up here, Mother Nature runs the show. Up here, she's 10% Nature, and 90% Mutha!

Been to da mountain, eh?

Ted Stoebling   November 30 at 8:27pm

if I somehow get Saturday off we will come out. fingers crossed.

Tom W   December 1 at 2:47pm

:-)

Tom W    November 26 at 10:10pm

Alright, here's the current standings after the first 2 weekends. You still have 3 weekends left to enter!

MPO

1- Mad Mountain: -18 96

2- Myron Mountain: -5 109

Adv

1) Upshot Mountain: -8 106

Int

1- Stix & C4 Show: -11 103

FPO

Bug & da Bee: +17 131

$75 to payouts, 475 to Norrie Park Basket Fund, 50 non-perishable food items collected for St Vincent Depaul Food Bank

Here's the totals for the Winter Aces For Hunger ev ... more

Mike Cozzens    November 23 at 6:58am

Hey Mtn Man! Great concept! Michele and I want to come up and play/donate for sure!

Tom W   November 26 at 11:04am

Would love to have you two come up and tour the Mountain, Mike :-)

Myron Waite    November 21 at 8:32pm

Just got done throwing in the blistery, wintery begining of winter in the yoop. Awesome time, fun round(s)..._

Tom W   November 26 at 11:03am

Great fun in some crazy fall white out conditions lol!

Myron Waite    November 21 at 4:30am

See ya in Tha a.m. Mtn Man!

Rob "da Crippler" Hess    November 21 at 2:12am

I'm looking for a dubs partner for next weekend the 25th/26th, either day is good for me. Probably a round of aces too.

Tom W   November 26 at 12:08pm

Hey Rob! Cmon over and myself or Myron will partner up with you! Sorry about late notice, I read your post wrong and thought you were talking about NEXT weekend.

Rob "da Crippler" Hess   November 26 at 3:36pm

I couldn't make it this weekend Tom, and I'm having some minor surgery tomorrow so it'll be a week or two before I can throw again. Gonna shoot for Dec. 9/10, I'll probably come for the weekend.

Tom W   November 26 at 9:34pm

Sure hope all goes well for you tomorrow Rob. The weather forecast looks good, just never know about the lake effect stuff lol. Looking forward to hearing that ll went well with your procedure, and seeing you soon Rob.

Tom W    November 20 at 11:30pm

I've set my goals for these two events. I'm shooting for 1000 lbs of food for the St Vincent DePaul Food Bank. And $1,000 cash for the Norrie Park Disc Basket Fund.

Winter Aces For Hunger Leaderboard & Current Totals:

1 - Mtn Man 1 Ace 0 Dots I will be donating all of my winnings, if any, to the basket fund.

2 - Myron 0 Aces 1 Dot

Food Bank 10 items

Norrie Park Basket Fund $20

Payout Purse $20

Tom W    November 18 at 11:55am

Rules for mutiple play/entries:

Due to this event running over a five week period, the question if multiple plays has come up.

Because most players are traveling a LONG way to play, I'd like to give them options if making a weekend out of it.

Winter Shootout For Hunger Doubles...

Any team can enter up to 2 times. Any individual can play in as many different teams they want.

Winter Aces For Hunger... You can enter and play as often as you like.

So you can come for a day, and play both. Or come for the weekend and play doubles twice. Or...well, now you have choices!

Tom W    November 17 at 12:05pm

St. Vincent DePaul Food Pantry in Ironwood MI. is the food bank we will be donating to!