The Kellie Jo Memorial

PDGA logoSunday, August 1, 2021 at Independence Lake County Park in Whitmore Lake, Michigan
C-tier · PDGA-sanctioned singles tournament

 Follow this tournament

The Kellie Jo Memorial graphic

About this tournament

PDGA C Tier Event

Event Registration:
If you cashless pre-reg, your spot will be held until a week before the event (Sun July 25 at 1pm). After which time, all cashless pre-reg spots will be removed. Those who have pre-paid on waitlist(if one exists at that time) will take those spots in the event.

Like other tournaments, there will be payouts and all AMs get a player pack. What is different? All money the club brings in during the event goes directly to the Huntington's Disease Society of America (HDSA). Our purpose is to bring attention to Huntington's Disease(HD) and to help make a difference in helping those continue to battle everyday against this debilitating disease.

Why Huntington's disease?
Taken from the Huntington's Disease Society of America website:
Huntington's Disease (HD) is a fatal genetic disorder that causes the progressive breakdown of nerve cells in the brain. It deteriorates a person's physical and mental abilities during their prime working years and has no cure. HD is known as the quintessential family disease because every child of a parent with HD has a 50/50 chance of carrying the faulty gene. Today, there are approximately 30,000 symptomatic Americans and more than 200,000 at-risk of inheriting the disease.

Many describe the symptoms of HD as having ALS, Parkinson's and Alzheimer's simultaneously.

It hits close to home for me, as my sister lost her battle with HD in 2016, just a few days after she turned 38. My mother also had HD and passed away in 2001. While I have been tested and do not carry the HD gene, there are many families out there who are still battling each and every day with the struggles that HD presents. Hosting an event in my sister's name allows me to not only honor her but also contribute to supporting research in order to find a cure for this disease.

More information can be found at www.hdsa.org

EVENT
2 Rounds of 18 holes
1 Round on each of the established courses: Red Hawk East and Red Hawk West

TEES
MPO, MP40, & MA1 - Long tees all day
MA2 - Shorts (Red Hawk East), Longs (Red Hawk West)
All others - Short tees all day

COURSE/SETUP:
We will be utilizing both courses for the event.

BASKET & GENERAL MERCHANDISE RAFFLES
We plan to put together some raffle packages. Tickets will be made available so please bring some extra cash to participate. Raffle money is goes directly to support the HDSA.

PARK ENTRY
Annual Pass:
Washtenaw County Residents - $30.00
Non-Residents - $45.00

Daily Admission:
Washtenaw County Residents - $6.00
Non-Residents - $10.00
Washtenaw County Seniors - $3.00
Non-Resident Seniors - $6.00

ACE POOL
$5 (if no aces are hit, there will be a throw off. 75% will go to the winner with the other 25% being donated to Huntington's Disease Research)

TROPHIES
Trophies will be included in all divisions that have at least 3 players competing.

Refund policy

WC GLOW is responsible for all refunds/cancelations.

Location

Schedule

Sunday, August 1, 2021
8:15am
- 9:15am
Player Registration / Check-in
9:40am1st Round Tee-Off

Player Divisions & Entry Fees

$10 additional fee for players without current PDGA memberships.
For help choosing a division, see the PDGA guidelines
$50.00MPOOpen
$50.00FPOOpen Women
$50.00MP40Pro 40+
$50.00FP70Pro Women 70+
$40.00MA1Advanced
$35.00FA1Advanced Women
$40.00MA40Amateur 40+
$35.00FA40Amateur Women 40+
$35.00MA2Intermediate
$30.00FA2Intermediate Women
$30.00MA3Recreational
$25.00FA3Recreational Women
$30.00MA4Novice
$25.00FA4Novice Women