2018 PDGA UNITED STATES AMATEUR DISC GOLF CHAMPIONSHIP

PDGA logoFri-Sun, June 1-3, 2018 at Kensington Metropark - Toboggan Course in Milford, Michigan
Amateur-only Major · PDGA sanctioned singles tournament

Comments 95 following

About this tournament

REGISTRATION WILL NOT BE OPEN UNTIL 90 DAYS OR SO PRIOR TO THE EVENT. THE DATE IS MARCH 3, 2018. INVITES WI ... more
Log in or Sign Up to post comments.

John Minicuci    Sticky June 1 at 3:30am

CONSTRUCTION UPDATE:
I-696 TOTAL CLOSURE- Go To
From: 6/1/2018, 9:00 PM
To: 6/4/2018, 5:00 AM
When: Continuously
Location: WB I-696 from Dequindre Road to US-24 (Telegraph Road)
Description: The road is closed.
Detour: SB I-75 to WB M-102(8 Mile Road) to NB M-10 back onto WB I-696.

Please plan accordingly!

Chris Leo    Sticky March 12 at 2:04pm

If you are interested in helping out by spotting for this prestigious event please contact me via PM or you can e-mail me at [email redacted] If you and your friends would like to work together on a hole please let me know and I will accommodate as much as I can. We will need people from Friday - Sunday. When you do contact me please let me know what time(s) and day(s) you are able to help out.

Compensation as in years past will include (Subject to change):
1 X Out Disc PER hour (Most are ... more

John Minicuci    Sticky March 5 at 2:58am

The Qualifiers and the Qualifying events can be found on the Pictures Tab or by clicking here: https://www.discgolfscene.com/tournaments/2018_PDGA_UNITED_STATES_AMATEUR_DISC_GOLF_CHAMPIONSHIP/pictures

The Invites will be sent out in order:
The PDGA just sent out the top 40% of the current AM players. I am guessing by Wednesday, the invites will have been emailed to this list. The list of the top 40% will be posted here on the Scene.
Including the Memorial that just ended, all of the remaini ... more

Ben Jackson   March 6 at 6:54pm

Do you happen to know the cutoff rating for top 40% of all am's?

David Garb   March 6 at 8:41pm

I was doing research and it looks like the cutoff was 948

John Minicuci   March 7 at 3:23am

The top 40% above 935 ended up being a rating of 948 or higher. The initial list resulted in 631 player invites!

John Minicuci    Sticky February 11 at 10:45pm

The Qualifiers list and the players who have qualified will be updated soon.
The above statement about invites being sent out should have said late February.
With the next PDGA Ratings Update scheduled for February 27, 2018, invites will be sent out shortly thereafter.
This gives all higher rated players time to renew their memberships and be included with the 1st batch of USADGC invited players.

John Minicuci   March 6 at 6:03am

We hope to have all the names posted and invites sent out by late Wednesday afternoon.

Nathan Pervinich   March 6 at 4:38pm

Will registration be postponed until the entire first round of invites is available? Thanks for your work John!

John Minicuci   March 7 at 3:27am

You are welcome Nathan. No, we will not postpone registration. Last year the event filled twice. The morning of the event, we started the event with a field of 132 out of 144 players. The reason for this was last year I also processed over 40 refunds from last minute cancellations. This is why we set registration to open no earlier than 90 days before the event.

Matthew Bart    June 22 at 8:31pm

I was told I'd be mailed a shirt and rain jacket because they ran out of larges, is this still the case/who should I contact about this?

Thanks everyone for such a great tournament!

John Minicuci   June 22 at 9:14pm

Chris, you were the 1st on the list :-) !!

Matthew Bart   June 22 at 9:23pm

No worries John, just wanted to check back in. Thanks for all your hard work!

Matthew Bart   September 5 at 5:44am

Hey John-- any update on the shirt and rain jackets? Great work to everyone at the DGLO, that was a great tournament to spectate!

Mark Stephens    June 6 at 3:39pm

Anyone in the Facebook Player Portal Page. I was attempting to close it down and I had to remove all members before doing so. During the process, I accidentally removed myself as Admin so I cannot complete that process. I advise you leave the group just to remove the clutter from your page.

John Minicuci    June 4 at 7:17pm

All of the discs owners from the discs that were left on the L&F table have been contacted. If you lost a disc and have not heard back from me, I apologize. In addition to those I have contaced, there remains a Vibram orange/white disc with Bubba on the back. If you are Bubba or know him, have him get a hold of me. I also have an orange Innova, factory 2nd with the letters DS on the inside rim. There is also a light blue Pro Katana with the words "Wild test flight Haven written on the b ... more

John Minicuci   June 5 at 1:59am

Thank you Shaun!

Jacob Turner   June 5 at 1:49pm

I lost an unmarked pink Z heat on hole 15 just barely off the fairway, checked and never saw it. Just in case it gets found :D

Brenden Andrews    June 4 at 2:03am

Lost a yellow Surge SS on 15 left side middle road. Name/Number/PDGA# on it. Please let me know if found. Great event! Course looked great. Can't wait till next year!

Troy Wagner    June 4 at 1:25am

Lost a dayglo Star Destroyer on hole 2 past the left side corner bush. Spotter and my card couldn’t find it during the round and went back with a few bodies after the round yesterday with no luck. Disc seemed to have just vanished into the dead leaves and vines there. If anyone from the staff or another player found and didn’t return to tournament central I would love to get that one back and will pay a reward and shipping back to me. Had an inked out old phone number and a silver sharpie ‘T’ on the inner rim.

Nick Ongpauco    June 3 at 1:05pm

Recommend putting your player pack water proof score sheet in your bag for today

John Minicuci   June 3 at 2:44pm

And your rain jacket and hat!

Rob Dahmen    June 1 at 12:42am

Tee times are posted!
Good luck all!

Tim Bretland    May 31 at 7:09pm

Headed up from Cincinnati OH once I get off work 4pm so I won’t make the players meeting... When will I be able to check in / get players pack after 7pm today?

Nate Buban   June 1 at 12:40am

Just before or After the Player Meeting typically is when we will have that available

Rob Dahmen   June 1 at 12:43am

Just posted

Tim Bretland   June 1 at 6:53pm

Got it, thanks!

Greg Hines    May 31 at 12:15am

What’s happens if you don’t make it to the players meeting?

Mark Stephens   May 31 at 12:56am

You are responsible for anything that comes up at the player meeting. We won’t be taking attendance

Jon Marble   May 31 at 3:15am

This starts at 7. Correct

Daniel Whitlock    May 30 at 3:04pm

Love the new baskets guys! Good luck finishing things up today, hope you get out before the rain starts!

Drew "Orange Andy" Herron   May 31 at 2:20am

Hole 4 was further back and to the left about 50 feet, looks like it makes the big hyzer bomb over the right harder since the disc will tend to fade out into the trees on the left. Hole 5 is further and back to the right up over the crest of the hill about 75 feet? I don't remember the pin placement from last year but you'll be hard pressed to snag a duece on it now.

Drew "Orange Andy" Herron   May 31 at 2:20am

Sorry, that is, the pad for Hole 4, not the pin, which is still in its spot from last year.

Jared Rittersdorf   May 31 at 4:02am

Thank you, I appreciate the info, doing a practice round tomorrow!

T Pills    May 28 at 7:41pm

How long is the stagger between groups? 10-15 min?

T Pills   May 28 at 10:14pm

Will the first group go out at 7am?

John Minicuci   May 29 at 10:16am

We have 7:30 am posted on the About page as our starting point.

T Pills   May 29 at 12:24pm

Thanks. Sorry, I missed that.

Ryan Duffy    May 28 at 4:39am

When will the course be in??

John Minicuci   May 28 at 10:30am

We hope to have the tee pads and 17 baskets in before the end of Tuesday. We have to replant a sleeve that was damaged. That basket will go in on Wednesday. The tee pads may or may not be installed by the end of Tuesday. I would shoot for Wednesday. The course is closed until after the USADGC for all non-tournament players.

T White   May 29 at 3:56pm

Any updates on course installation? Looks like today may be the prime practice day.

John Minicuci   May 30 at 2:42am

Since today was the day we advertised we would begin installation, and installing a course is not a 3 hour tour, after working close to 11 hours on the course, we are half way done. All of the baskets are in, a lot of grass cutting still needs to happen, and 7 tee pads are installed (the most time consuming and energy zapping process.)

Joe Paczwa    May 27 at 7:26am

Hey John I'm not sure if I will be able to play due to an injury. I would still like the player pack offered though. Can someone from waitlist take my spot and I still receive the player pack? Or should I play through it?

Joe Paczwa   May 29 at 2:33pm

No, gave up my spot and settled with a player pack instead

Joe Paczwa   May 29 at 8:42pm

Got a refund on my entry fee. Should i still come to check in on thursday?

John Minicuci   May 30 at 2:12am

Not everyone checks in on Thursday so I couldn't tell if there will be players packs available or not at any time on Thursday. Discraft said they would sell you a players pack if there are any available. Let us go through registration first and I can send you a message.

Drew "Orange Andy" Herron    May 26 at 12:09am

How will initial tee times be determined and when will they posted? Thanks!

Mark Stephens   May 26 at 1:54am

Yes you are correct Ron. They highest ratings tee last

Dan Bienkowski   May 26 at 11:22am

Highest tee last?

Mark Stephens   May 26 at 1:12pm

Oops. I meant the LOWEST rated players tee last. Highest rated players tee first on Friday

Nate Buban    May 25 at 4:53pm

Will we be playing in groups of four or three? Thanks!

T Pills   May 25 at 10:16pm

I have to imagine 4 with a field of 144. When I played years ago it was groups of 4.

Cody Cruz    May 24 at 9:33pm

Hi my name is Cody Cruz. I received an email saying that i was promoted from waitlist to registration list. the email also referred me to a link to confirm my registration, but when i follow the link it says registration updates aren't allowed. so i am wondering if I am officially registered or not?

Chris Leo   May 24 at 9:46pm

You're in! It was just letting you know that you are no longer on the waiting list.

Cody Cruz   May 24 at 9:59pm