10th Annual Kanawha Valley Regional

PDGA logoFri-Sat, June 7-8, 2024 at Redeemer Park in Charleston, West Virginia
Amateur A-tier · PDGA-sanctioned singles tournament

Comments 86 following

About this tournament

$15,000 added merchandise to Ams only. 2 Day event - 1 round Friday - 2 Saturday Each winner of a division ... more
Sign in or Sign Up to post comments.
  • ‹ Prev
  • 1
  • Next ›

Scott Elam    March 21 at 4:45am

Ugh.... You're getting screwed by the Masters World Championships being in June for the first time ever. The 7-8 is travel days to get to Emporia by the 11th. I've played 12 Worlds in a row, but if for some reason I skip, I'll head up to WV again as I love this tourney.

Nathan Erickson    March 13 at 1:31pm

Do you have a rough estimate as to what the payout allotment will look like?

Steven Koepsel   March 13 at 3:15pm

Sorry, but there is no close estimate as less that 50 players have signed up so far. We use the PDGA guidelines to generate the payouts. It will get posted once there are enough players to show an estimate. You can look at last years to see what it was. It will be more than that as it is our ten year aniversary.

Owen Stewart    February 7 at 2:33am

Are all rounds going to be shotgun start? Only asking because I’m planning to carpool with a couple other players, and seeing that there are two rounds at different courses on Saturday that would be tough to coordinate

Steven Koepsel   February 7 at 10:28am

They will be on Saturday. I promise you that it will not be an issue getting from one course to another as they are close and this has never been an issue in the past.

Brad Schick    January 6 at 6:36pm

Have to ask, but any chance you can add some pro divisions? I have wanted to come back and play this event ever since. :(

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! :)

Steven Koepsel   January 6 at 9:09pm

Sorry Brad I cannot. The event was submitted to the PDGA last year as an "Am's" only event and was approved as such.

Scott Jenkins   March 4 at 4:57am

Just wondering, but with approvals for events being issued in a week or 2 could it be changed to include them? I mean I love the event and play AM, but I definitely know a few pros that would like to come back again.

Steven Koepsel   March 4 at 9:28pm

I cannot as there was a firm commitment to the PDGA that this would not change as it required waivers for just the AM side

Tanner Tagg    December 31 at 2:18am

Which courses will each division play?

Steven Koepsel   December 31 at 4:21am

Each division will play every course

Tanner Tagg   January 6 at 9:47pm

Thanks. Do you know the layouts for each yet?

Steven Koepsel   January 7 at 1:19pm

Sorry I do not, it all has to do with numbers within divisions in order to fill each course on a daily basis.