2013 Wednesday Night Doubles
Sep 11, 2013 · Top scores
Am tees, 18 holes
About this League
continue reading ›
- I MUST have your money by the posted time (6:15 pm). Failure to comply will result in Members paying the Non-Member rate. Options: have another person buy you in (other than myself), pay in advance, or quite simply, be on time.
- Most PDGA rules are in play.
-The point system will be in play again this year to reward those who come out often to support the Club.
- Mark your disc, flip your disc or just leave it. Once player A has thrown player B must throw with the same lie. The first infraction will be a warning, the 2nd will be a stroke penalty.
- Player A throws first from the Odd Tees. Player B throws first from the Even Tees. Players play from one anothers disc. (This rule only applies to those who can't decide who's turn it is to throw).
- 1 minute to choose lie then 30 seconds per player to throw.
- If you lose a disc, the same 3 minutes to find your disc is in play.
- If a player picks up their lie then it's decided they would indeed like to play from that lie, it's too late.
- If you begin a dubs round and need to leave because of an emergency your partner can still play. However, it will be a solo round (no mulligans will be allowed in this situation).
- NO ALCOHOL! I've been very lenient years past but now we're in the spotlight.
- Ties for first will be decided in a 3 basket playoff using the pro tees. If the tie is not settled after 3 baskets a throw off will take place from the kiosk to the practice basket.
All other ties will do a CTP from one of three spots: the kiosk (red gate), the roof, or the soccer ball to the practice basket. Players are NOT allowed to throw from any of these three locations before, during or after a WNDubs round. Failure to comply will result in forfeiting your throw in a playoff.
- Should there be a Cali, the person who draws the Cali has two options: 1) pay only the buy-in amount and have 1 extra throw per hole and receive half the payout for the place you finished or 2) buy-in twice and get two drives, two upshots, and two putts for a full payout. If the Cali decides NOT to buy in twice (s)he has the option to purchase the Rollover Plan. This will allow a player to rollover up to 3 Cali throws by having not used one on any previous basket. The RP costs $3.
- $20 bills. Members paying with a $20 dollar bill will receive $6 as their change. The other $7 will fund their next WND's league. $20 will buy you in to 3 WND events.
- The Ace Fund will be paid out differently than normal. It used to be if you hit an ace you'd win the pot. Now, the fund will be paid out monthly. If an ace is hit that player would win the entire month worth of Ace money. If it's hit by 2 or more it will be split evenly. If an Ace is not hit during the month most of the pot will go to the club, the difference will be used towards future Dub rounds (i.e. CTP's, added cash to the payout, bounties, etc).
- If a member misses a league for whatever reason I will go back 3 weeks into the schedule. If that player was in attendance the 3 weeks prior to missing a WNDubs the player will receive 5 automatic points. HOWEVER, it is the player's responsibility to let me know before Thursday at noon. After that, no points will be given. Also, if the attendance for the missed league is less than 20 people, no points will be given.
‹ less text
Louie Orozco September 11, 2013 at 5:05pm
The only change was Andy S. dropped and Rod S. was added. I'll see the twelve of you tonight at 6:00. We're starting at 6:15 with or without you. Dolla dolla bills y'll...
Louie Orozco September 5, 2013 at 8:28pm
Dubs Finale Invitations
The following list is of those who qualified for the Wednesday Night Dubs Finale which will be held this Wednesday at 6:15 pm. Or once all 12 have arrived, whichever happens first. Please do your part to ensure you're there on time if not sooner. It will be appreciated by your fellow peers. 1. Joe Schacht - 146 2. Louie Orozco - 113 3. Som Bouasri - 109 4. Russ Janeway - 101 5. Mike Miles - 96 6. Andy Severson - 96 7. Jeremy Boyd - 95 8. Brian Cassidy - 94 9. Cas Abramczyk - 9 ... more
The following list is of those who qualified for the Wednesday Night Dubs Finale which will be held this Wednesday at 6:15 pm. Or once all 12 have arrived, whichever happens first. Please do your part to ensure you're there on time if not sooner. It will be appreciated by your fellow peers.
1. Joe Schacht - 146
2. Louie Orozco - 113
3. Som Bouasri - 109
4. Russ Janeway - 101
5. Mike Miles - 96
6. Andy Severson - 96
7. Jeremy Boyd - 95
8. Brian Cassidy - 94
9. Cas Abramczyk - 90
10. Adam Klein - 90
11. John Thein - 90
12. Nick Collaer - 87
Please help me by responding to this thread if you'll be there. Thanks!
Louie Orozco September 2, 2013 at 5:49am
If the season ended last Wednesday
This is a list of those of you who would be invited to the WNDubs Finale on September 11th at 6:00 pm (with attendance points added in for Women and Int/Rec). Last chance qualifier this Wednesday. 1. Joe Schacht - 146 2. Shay Stewart - 108 3. Louie Orozco - 106 4. Som Bouasri - 103 5. Russ Janeway - 95 6. Jeremy Boyd - 93 7. Mike Miles - 90 8. Andy Severson - 88 9. Cas Abramczyk - 86 10. Brian Cassidy - 84 11. Nick Collaer - 83 12. Jordan Theis - 79 On the cusp: Adam Klein ... more
This is a list of those of you who would be invited to the WNDubs Finale on September 11th at 6:00 pm (with attendance points added in for Women and Int/Rec). Last chance qualifier this Wednesday.
1. Joe Schacht - 146
2. Shay Stewart - 108
3. Louie Orozco - 106
4. Som Bouasri - 103
5. Russ Janeway - 95
6. Jeremy Boyd - 93
7. Mike Miles - 90
8. Andy Severson - 88
9. Cas Abramczyk - 86
10. Brian Cassidy - 84
11. Nick Collaer - 83
12. Jordan Theis - 79
On the cusp:
Adam Klein - 77
John Thein - 75
Josh Stewart - 75
James Beckner - 74
Greg Roberts - 72
Eric Hepola - 70
Come and get those points people...
Louie Orozco August 1, 2013 at 5:20pm
July's Ace Fund
On a lighter note, I'd like you all to know that with my $191 ace fund from July, it will be dispursed as follows:
$20 into August's Ace Fund making that total $40 for week 15.
The rest will go to the ADGA towards recovery of the Peter's Creek project. It's no secret that PC is my absolute favorite course in the state so giving back to that place, to me, is the right thing to do.
Louie Orozco August 1, 2013 at 5:04pm
Override my rules...
It was brought to my attention that after this last WND (the 31st) the two teams that tied decided to do a CTP from a location other than the specified spot (after not settling it after the 3 pro tees, which they did correctly). Therefore, the points will not be awarded to those 4 individuals. Now, I realize that the punishment is in no way, shape or form harsh so from now on if you want to be that way I will suspend you from the following league. Like all the other rules, this one is completely avoidable by simply following them.
Sincerely, your loving, caring League Coordinator :-)
Louie Orozco July 16, 2013 at 6:29pm
A little incentive?
Statistically, the WND held on the week of our State tournament seems to get the biggest turnout. The most we've had this year is 35. Our all-time record attendence is 37. I would love to FINALLY hit the 40's (not the drink).
Here's the deal: If we have 41 or more in attendence I'll add $10 extra per person. I.E. If 40 people are there, we'll payout $160. If 45 people are there I would payout $230 ($180 for the 45 people + $50 as the "added cash"). That there's some goooood money!
Hope to see you all there!