Willow Metropark

Willow, Michigan     1 course · 24 holes     Driving directions

Christian Doman    6 days ago

Played the course today, and it was definitely untamed. I covered myself in deet, but it seemed like seasoning to these crazy mosquitos. They were quite agressive, and their black and white striped abdomens were fearsome. A little TLC after peak skeeter season and before the fall tournaments should have it looking good again. I did manage to lose a couple of discs out there also. A purple Opto Fury in the ditch between baskets one and twenty three. Also, a dayglo Sparkle Rogue from '08 ... more

Ryan Wheeler    July 23 at 10:16pm

I played this course today. As i pulled in I wondered why there were NO cars in the parking lot. I found out rather quickly that this is obviously where ALL the mosquitoes come from in Michigan. I left a Trilogy Claymore all swirly and dope to the right of the basket on 18 because I didn't have any repellent and they were winning. I managed to shoot a 72 from the am pads with just a Theif and a Macana. Cool course, I'd wait till the fall to play though. Not worth the struggle right now.

steve nolff   7 days ago

DEET

Ryan Wheeler   6 days ago

Deet Shmeet...those mosquitoes were immune to that stuff.

steve nolff   6 days ago

Lol.

peter kunoff    July 21 at 4:02pm

How bad are the Skeeters here...considering Thursday morning round

peter kunoff   July 22 at 8:29am

Just wondering if playable with max DEET coverage

Nate Wheeling   July 22 at 8:39am

I threw it 2 weeks ago and it was atrocious. Applied spray 3 different times during the round and was swatting with my towel non stop. The course could have dried up more since then. Either way, have your skin covered.

peter kunoff   July 22 at 9:40am

ok. thanks for heads up...prefer not to play under that level of duress

Dave Lassen    July 5 at 10:27am

Have to report some vandalism. Played Dubs yesterday and there are two trees that were taken down. 1st is on hole 11 the little guard tree between the long teepad and short teepad. And also the guard tree on hole 17 next to the basket is completely taken out .I am pretty sure the wind got the tree on 11 but for sure hole 17 was purposely taken out by a casual group of 7 before our round started.

Ben Calhoun   July 5 at 1:16pm

I'll help bury their bodies, lmk.

Dave Lassen    June 14 at 7:03am

Just a heads up to everyone. Willow is very wet....still playable.Mosquitoes are vicious ,make sure you have spray.Shot there yesterday and they were in mass numbers.

Lawrence Leonardi essentialdiscs.com    June 11 at 5:22pm

Holy Oaks PDGA C/B tier at Addison Oaks this Saturday. Don't forget to preregister!!!

Ska Bob    June 3 at 5:12pm

How are the mosquitoes so far this year?

Kyle Vena   June 3 at 7:17pm

I played the other day while it was raining and I got eaten alive!

Nick Oliver   June 3 at 8:49pm

There last week, one of the worst mosquito issues I've ever had at a disc golf course was here at Willow. They're pretty bad .

Jason Josaitis   June 8 at 8:10pm

You need a bath in 100% DEET...then you may make it through. LOL. They can be fierce there...

Jason Jopps    May 5 at 1:21pm

Left a red/pink bolt on hole 15. My name and PDGA number was on it. Big reward if returned.

Nick Oliver    May 1 at 11:38am

Pretty sure at some point I dropped my PURPLE CRYZTAL DRONE with a black Battle 3 stamp (literally 1 of 1, heres a pic of the stamp https://www.facebook.com/DetroitDiscGolf/photos/pb.193523377385194.-2207520000.1430494656./742318669172326/?type=3&theater). Name and # is on it. If anyone sees someone not me using it LET ME KNOW. Reward if returned :)

Ashley M    April 12 at 1:30pm

Does any one know the conditions for today? We are planning on going disc golfing, but we haven't decided where to go.

Nick Oliver   April 13 at 12:39pm

Driest courses around are typically Indy, Ponds, and some of the further north spots (in my experience).

Ashley M   April 13 at 10:33pm

we typically go to Vienna or Parm, they are much closer to us. thank you for the information ^_^

Nick Oliver   April 16 at 2:35pm

Right on my friend!

John Dishaw    April 5 at 10:56pm

LOST AND FOUND??

I lost or just left a bright dayglow Axiom Insanity on one of the extra holes about 2 weeks ago. It does not have any name or ink on it, but I would love to get it back. I was suggested to throw this up here, maybe some kind soul might have found it...thanks in advance!!

Jason Adamski    April 5 at 7:39pm

Say something ...Don't forget about Night Moose Ace Race on April 18th. Cashless pre-reg or show up day of. We will be playing 24 at Willow in the morning and we will be play 26 at Moose Meadows in the afternoon(2 rounds of 13).

Jesse -   April 5 at 8:58pm

No 30 at willow?

Jason Adamski   April 5 at 9:29pm

They wanted to charge us to use picnic area so we are doing 24 first round and 26 second.

Paul Doherty    April 4 at 10:03am

Curious about conditions as well..some guys last weekend said it was fairly dry

Jeremy Foor   April 4 at 10:33am

Hey Paul, juts played it yesterday not bad at all considering.. Bring boot still but really only 7,8,9 are swampy. Not sure how but 10 is no longer the flood hole, its totally dry. Enjoy!

Paul Doherty   April 4 at 11:46am

Good to hear Jeremy, thanks. Was playing today regardless but wanted to know what to expect.

Mike Curry    April 3 at 10:01am

What's the course like condition wise?

Nick Oliver   April 6 at 8:52pm

Not bad. But with impending rains it will be a rough couple days ahead. Currently it sounds like its about waterproof at the least, boots for 6-10.

Lucas Nino    March 22 at 12:45pm

Little late but I lost a red Vip world with a purple stamp, I think it was on hole 22.

Scott Martinelli    March 11 at 1:44pm

Lost a blue pfn wraith on hole 2. Reward I'd returned.

Daniel Russell    March 8 at 5:32pm

Lost pink prodigy d5. Breast cancer awareness on the top. It should be somewhere to the left of the basket on hole 1. Name and number on inner rim. Reward if found.

Jason Adamski    March 2 at 6:37pm

Lost Red Z Nuke with Night Moose tourny stamp on it #16 should be in fairway or just off it. Reward if found.

Jesse Whitlock    March 2 at 2:01pm

Found a blue disc on hole 1 Alex Z. on the back...also lost a stratus on hole 18 to the left would appreciate if someone returns it...thanks

Rich Mcpherson    February 22 at 12:28pm

Tee pads will be clear jay and wade are here too cleaning them off