PANAMA CITY CHAIN GANG
Scott R. April 9, 2013 at 1:39am
If you would like to receive a 2013 membership with a 2013 bag tag, please get your membership fee to one of our staff members so we can try and get an order in before we kick off the 2013 season, at the tournament on April 27th. You will need to do this by April 13th or you may have to wait until May to get your 2013 tag.
Scott R. April 9, 2013 at 1:32am
Golfers, We are about to enter into our 2013 season. Club memberships will be $12 for the 2013 year which will include a bag tag for the year. If you have a bag tag for the 2012 year you will be able to keep that bag tag once we start our 2013 year. We have some exciting things happening for 2013. We will be offering a variety of Panama City Disc Golf Club t-shirts very soon. We want to have cook-outs this year along with other club events. We plan on having a club ace race wit ... more
We are about to enter into our 2013 season. Club memberships will be $12 for the 2013 year which will include a bag tag for the year. If you have a bag tag for the 2012 year you will be able to keep that bag tag once we start our 2013 year. We have some exciting things happening for 2013. We will be offering a variety of Panama City Disc Golf Club t-shirts very soon. We want to have cook-outs this year along with other club events. We plan on having a club ace race with a cash payout, leagues (summer/winter) within the club, glow rounds (play at night), more tournaments with prizes, and other side-games during club play. I know Tim and Chris have some good ideas for the club as well. As you know we are also in talks with the city about developing a new disc golf course this year. We have a lot of exciting things coming up for our 2013 year and hope you will be a part of it.
$12.00 one-time player fee for the league per year. We will not be able to give out bag tags until we submit an order for bag tags to be made. In the past we could give out bag tags to new members as soon as they paid the club membership.
Bag Tag Rules
You need to make a profile on discgolfscene.com, join/follow the talk on Bag Tag Challenge for our club, and check challenges and news at least once a week to see if you have been challenged. The staff cannot do this for you, you must do it since you have to set up your profile and password.
1. The purpose of the PCCG Bag Tag challenge is to encourage new and seasoned disc golfers to engage in friendly bag tag rounds.
2. Tags must be attached to your bags and carried wherever you are playing and must remain visible at all times.
3. We ask that members who carry tags 1-10 play in at least six 1st Saturday of the month bag tag challenges.
4. You may challenge anyone carrying a tag regardless of how high the defender’s tag number is… (number 85 can challenge number 1).
5. The challenge must be accepted and played within 2 weeks or the defender must graciously forfeit his tag to the challenger.
6. If you MUST leave during a challenge round (for any reason) the defender must again give up his tag to the challenger. (Yes, dire emergencies are different.)
7. At all singles tournaments, tags will be surrendered to any Club Staff member and will be returned by score order after the tournament. Basically, any singles tournament is automatically a Bag Tag tournament for ALL club members in attendance. 8. Personal challenges must be made in person, by email, by phone or on the DiscgolfScene website. Do NOT rely on the website as some do not have constant access to computers or Internet. Phone calls are obviously best.
9. For personal challenges, the parties involved must come up with no less than 2 possible times and locations for the challenge. This will increase the chance that the challenge can be resolved.
10. Once the challenge has been played, results must be reported through discgolfscene.com and posted on the Leaderboard page, submit updates. If you have no access to do this please let one of the Club Staff members know so that the current rankings can be changed to reflect the challenge.
11. The challenging player determines the course and BOTH parties must agree on the number or rounds with a minimum of 9 holes (one round) being played.
12. Players that tie during a Bag Tag round or Personal Challenge will have a one hole playoff on Hole number one at their current location, closest to the pin wins the tie… OR if ALL parties involved in the tie agree, any hole can be chosen, closest to the pin determines the winner. If multiple players are involved, the closest distance to the pin wins the lowest tag number involved, second closest gets the next higher tag and so on…
13. All Bag Tag challenges must be scored on Scorecards
14. If you lose your tag you may purchase another one with the same number, at your cost.
15. We may also have a prize at the end of the year for the member(s) with the most scores posted on the leaderboard.
Joey Dina April 6, 2013 at 10:05am
Discraft Yellow Force left on UTO sometime in the last week.
Cash reward! call Joey D 850-319-7253
I literally live around the corner from the course too.
Chris Whittle March 31, 2013 at 1:30pm
Attention all golfers! I've recently added a new league for our club: Chain Gang Night League. I want to incorporate as many members as possible. In order to do that, anyone who wants to play in the league, contact me via the site or phone (2298057273). The league will work like this, when golfers play a round (solo or with a group) send in the scores for each player and I will post them to the leaderboard. Please only send in your best score for the day if you play multiple rounds. How you ... more
Attention all golfers! I've recently added a new league for our club: Chain Gang Night League. I want to incorporate as many members as possible. In order to do that, anyone who wants to play in the league, contact me via the site or phone (2298057273). The league will work like this, when golfers play a round (solo or with a group) send in the scores for each player and I will post them to the leaderboard. Please only send in your best score for the day if you play multiple rounds. How you swap tags is completely up to you guys. If we can get enough involvement with this league (due to its flexible nature) I think we can get members more active in the club and on the site. Let me know what days and times are good for you guys. Let's find out who's really #1 :)
Scott R. March 26, 2013 at 10:28pm
Two more tournaments in the making. Our Annual Disc Golf Tournament will be held on April 27th. We will play Joe Moody and UTO, 18 each. The Millville Spring Fling hosted by the cityof Millville will be held at Joe Moody on May 11th. More details to follow.
Scott R. March 26, 2013 at 10:15pm
I want to thank our club members who were on WJHG this morning. These guys showed up at 5 a.m. this morning to promote the club and our benefit tournament!! I want to thank Christ Whittle, Shane Ramsey, and Turbo Tim!
Also, here is the link if you want to check us out:
One more thing about the tournament this weekend, Joey has graciously put up $50 for 1st place, $30 for 2nd, and $20 for third. Thank you Joey, I need that $50!
Chris Whittle March 26, 2013 at 11:36am
Anyone though about a flyer for the club to be displayed at sports authority where the discs are?? Maybe one of those flyers with little detachable tags?
Timothy Ouimet March 15, 2013 at 6:59pm
anyone up for some glow rounds tonight at Joe Moody about 7:00
Timothy Ouimet February 25, 2013 at 10:33pm
lov to try some glow rounds again if only i can find some people who aren't afraid of the dark . I think i can beat anyone throwing just a putter at Joe Moody,(just regular putters no champion or super putters just plain ole putter any takers???) day or night. Turbo Tim
Jonathan Iler February 21, 2013 at 3:16pm
Anyone want to set up one of these Vibram events here in PC?
I didn't want to try and set one up if someone else was. I might just go to Ferry Park but this could be a cool thing for the people around here. If anyone wants to set this up or help let me know.
Chris Whittle February 19, 2013 at 7:42pm
OK golfers. Let's do some rounds this Saturday (02/23/13) @ 9:30 @ Joe moody. Let's get those tags circulating!! Afterwards we could do some CTP and Bullseye rounds for tags as well! Looking forward to seeing you guys there!
Timothy Ouimet February 8, 2013 at 12:26am
Also anyone care for a whipping i am dying to throw some tomorrow and or sat at Moody or UTO. Turbo Tim
Timothy Ouimet February 8, 2013 at 12:24am
Hey all Joe over at Pier98 convenience store(across from UTO) is supposed to get some Innova ,Disccraft and Latitude 64 discs in stock soon ,If we buy from him and the discs sell well he will carry some shirts hats bags and other items in the future so lets support him, besides they have good food there too and he is going to open a Oyster bar soon as well. If we buy from him ,he said he will donate items when we have Tournaments. He is going to give us prices of everything he carries so we can post them on here and on Facebook page. so go by and chek them out. Turbo Tim
joey ramsey January 30, 2013 at 11:42pm
We are going to start a league on the second saturday of March. It will be on sat mornings at 10:00 a.m. The league will last for 2 months. It will cost 3.00 a person per week. 2.00 of this will be given back to players at end of season. 1st place will get 50 percent, 2nd place 30 percent and 3rd place 20 percent. Scoring will go as follows. 1 point for showing up. 1 point for first place. 1 point for each person you beat during match. If there are 15 players and you come in first, you get ... more
We are going to start a league on the second saturday of March. It will be on sat mornings at 10:00 a.m. The league will last for 2 months. It will cost 3.00 a person per week. 2.00 of this will be given back to players at end of season. 1st place will get 50 percent, 2nd place 30 percent and 3rd place 20 percent.
Scoring will go as follows.
1 point for showing up.
1 point for first place.
1 point for each person you beat during match. If there are 15 players and you come in first, you get 14 points, second place gets 13, 5 place gets 4 points, etc.
The points will carry over from week to week. Hopefully this will be a lot of fun for all of us. Bag tags will be exchanged at end of each match as they are now.
Also, a few of us met with the city manager and a few from parks and recs today to go over plans for a new 18 hole course to be built soon. They are hoping to make it happen with a few other higher ups that have to agree on it. It looks real good so keep your fingers crossed.
George M January 29, 2013 at 3:49pm
I am new to the area.... Who plays during the week after work? and, can you drink beer while playing here?
Chris Whittle January 14, 2013 at 10:14pm
When's our next Bag Tag gathering? Also, who's going to the Ice Bowl!?
Jonathan Iler December 29, 2012 at 12:50am
Who can I get up with to get join the club and get a bag tag?
KC Griffin November 28, 2012 at 2:18pm
sorry i ment 3rd and 4th, maybe on the 2nd at the oaks if we get in town soon enough
KC Griffin November 28, 2012 at 2:08pm
Me and my buddy will be in town the 2nd and 3rd of December.planing a round monday morning 10am at freeport then anderson then ferrypark. Under the oaks and joe moody on tuesday. if anyone wants to throw with us, be our guide, or play some cash games hit me up or throw me a text (989)746-4023. Boom