Northend Riverside Park

Big Rapids, Michigan     2 courses · 36 holes     Driving directions

Brian Lafata    June 22 at 8:41pm

Lost a supercolor surge that went far left. Name and number should be in on but might only be in pen. Would appreciate its return

Foster N.   June 22 at 11:02pm

would probably help to say which hole. But honestly, you're a lot more likely to find it via the Facebook group, "Big Rapids Disc Golf Club"

Brian Lafata   June 23 at 5:52am

Thanks for the advice. Mind hasn’t been too sharp today

Jake Messner    April 15 at 3:06pm

Can any locals give an update on current course conditions in regards to snow accumulation? How bad is the rain/sleet/crap we are getting? I live in TC and need to get out of this dang house, but no chances of playing up here! Thanks!

Jake Messner   April 15 at 3:59pm

Figured, but thought I'd ask in case it was a bit better than TC. Probably not a whole lot of discing going on in the mitten today lol thanks for the prompt response! Any events coming up soon? I love these courses!

Foster N.   April 21 at 4:40am

There are some events planned for the near future. We'll see if I can get the one planned for a few weeks from now going. Otherwise, there's an even planned for this summer and fall.

Foster N.   April 21 at 4:41am

and so pleased to hear you like Northend! We've got plans to continue improving it this summer!

Tyler Alfano WPD    September 5 at 12:43am

Left behind a pink am worlds stamped mayhem on 18. Reward for return, ink on baxk flight plate

Foster N.    July 10, 2017 at 1:22am

All long tee signs are in the ground for both courses. Practice baskets are in the ground, too! We'll be hosting a tourney August 13th. Working on directional signs, too.

Tom Bos    May 19, 2017 at 1:26pm

Played yesterday and must say the course has a lot of potential. Had a bit of trouble navigating with the lack of signage on the new course, but was happy overall. Didn't see any signs for the East course either... Just some thoughts from an out-of-towner.

Foster N.   June 14, 2017 at 7:51pm

We're working on the new signs. Going to put some in this Saturday and we'll keep plugging away at them until they're all replaced. They're going to be pretty nice, too, if I do say so myself. After that we'll add directional signage and practice baskets!

Jessica J    November 13, 2016 at 6:59pm

Hats off to the new design. I was very impressed . I was at Ferris in 2006 and this course was my home course for 5/6 yrs.. loved it then and the addition just made me fall in love with it even more. Great to see some distance added to it. The new hole 3 LOVE!!!! Also added some nice ace runs. Was able to utilize backhand and side arm, with some tommys.. wind defffff played a factor this weekend lol it is always a pleasure to visit, this course is worth the 3 hr drive. Will be back real soon.

Jessica J   November 13, 2016 at 10:24pm

Choose**

Foster N.   November 13, 2016 at 10:49pm

Yes, we have a random draw doubles league that plays on Sundays at noon. Leonard is usually around for that. You're welcome to join anytime. You can usually get a reply over on FB in the (private) group Big Rapids DG for current league info, etc.

Jessica J   November 13, 2016 at 11:50pm

Thats who the groups was out there today lol i had the course to myself for majority of it. I actually do not have facebook lol dont so social media, just this for discing

Mike Eldridge    August 28, 2016 at 1:12pm

Is the new 18 all in and playable? Thinking of heading up there to play today.

Simon Porritt   August 28, 2016 at 12:40pm

Foster N.    June 5, 2016 at 3:56am

8 new holes are in the works.

Sam Mrdeza    May 18, 2016 at 4:16am

Left a white DX roc with a bulldog on the front on hole 10 in the dark last night. Will pay good money for its return

Bryan Murphy   May 21, 2016 at 3:37pm

most likely college kid or townie found and never to be seen again =[ .Rip roc

Sam Mrdeza   May 24, 2016 at 1:25am

Yep probably....RIP for sure. Great memories with it.

Fred Britton Jr.   May 26, 2016 at 12:14am

I gotta get back up there to play Northend

Foster N.    November 9, 2015 at 7:46am

Lost my pink star destroyer on #12 today - it turned over on a forehand drive heading into the rough on the left about 275 feet off the tee. If anyone finds it, I'll make it worth while for its return.

Foster N.    September 16, 2015 at 4:14am

In case you haven't heard, there's big stuff happening at Northend starting this year. As President of Big Rapids Disc Golf Club, I'm very pleased to announce that we're underway designing and cutting in 18 new fairways to compliment the original 18, for a total of 36 holes. There will be (2) distinct 18 hole loops, as well as a 36 hole loop and a few other short options, too.

We've started a gofundme.com crowdfunding page to help pay for baskets. You can chip in a few bucks here: www.gofundme.com/morenorthend . Happy Discing!

Beau Arlt    August 27, 2015 at 4:25pm

Lost my favorite disc - a lime green Star Wraith on hole 1 this last Saturday. I traded for it so it doesn't have my name on it, but it does have my PDGA number #69340. Any help??

Foster N.   August 27, 2015 at 5:07pm

Green discs are evil! Good chance it's in a tree, but I'll keep my eyes out for it.

Justin N    June 1, 2015 at 5:40am

Found a disc on hole six. No name or number. Comment what kind if you believe it is yours.

Matt Oller    September 15, 2014 at 7:07pm

Looking to play a round here wednesday pm around 6:00, I would love to shoot with someone. Message me if your looking to play.

Jeff Montney    September 15, 2014 at 10:18am

Lost a gold TI Nuke SS on number 8 from the longs a few weeks ago. Grip locked a forehand shot and it ended up going somewhere on the right side either in the woods or could have also ended up near what I believe is 14's basket or 15's fairway. I would love to get this disc back as I just started throwing it and was just getting used to it. I don't have much to offer but if returned, I will compensate one way or another. 586-747-7654

Foster N.    April 2, 2014 at 5:39am

Lost my Red/Pink Elite Z Flash on #4. My name and phone number are on the back along with a bunch of little heats. I'm offering a $20 reward and a disc (your pick from what I've got - there's some good stuff). The disc isn't rare; I just want it because I've had it for so long.

Jared DeVisser   April 1, 2014 at 10:32pm

Hey foster. I am playing a round with some guys there tomorrow. where abouts do you think you lost it. i am assuming forhand from pro T so probably the walk path?

Bryan Murphy   April 2, 2014 at 8:49am

I also lost my red star wraith down the lane and to the right in the deep stuff on 13 from the shorts. Black n white stamp. Keep an eye out will ya fellas

riversidejoe johnson    December 27, 2013 at 8:04pm

i got some cheap discs for sale but no pay pal so if you are local or want to meet up somewhere around big rapids i can work out some pretty good deals.
Also i am somewhat new to big rapids so i need a local to show me some stuff before the tourneys hit

Colin McIntyre    April 24, 2013 at 11:31pm

Found a Dominator the other day. If you lost one, describe the disc and tell me the hole, and I'll be happy to get it back to you. While I'm on here, I also am still pining over a long-lost glow FLX Surge (~165g), lost a long time ago to the left on the long woods hole, probably 300 feet out. Name and contact info are on there. - Colin McIntyre

Colin McIntyre   April 25, 2013 at 12:14pm

Correction. It's a destroyer.

Tyler Sherman    August 9, 2012 at 6:39pm

All of you avid discers out there, if you like free swag, head over to your FB account and like Born2BFly Disc golff web page and be entered into the fee package giveaway when they hit 200 likes(only a few more to go). Thanks and all is much appreciated! Team B2BF

Jared Frost    August 17, 2011 at 5:24pm