Deer Lakes Park

Tarentum, Pennsylvania     1 course · 18 holes     Driving directions

Mike "Draz" Chuirazzi    June 19 at 1:11pm

Just a reminder: Registration is now open for the Warren 2016 MVP Circuit (9/25/16). Players pack includes 3 discs and additional swag from MVP Disc Sports for $30 entry. Will have men's, women's, and juniors divisions. The first 25 players to register (if before 7/16/16) will be entered into a bonus CTP which will have a prize valued over $50. More players will mean bigger prize pools. With enough registered players the grand prize will include an MVP Black Hole Pro basket. Additional ... more

Greg Garrett    June 8 at 2:20pm

NORTHEAST OHIO OPEN at youngs run dgc. June 25th. Less than 3 weeks away. Rob Dawg truck will have breakfast, coffee., and lunch again this year. The date was switched this year in hopes of better weather. Come on out and have some fun with us. https://www.discgolfscene.com/tournaments/N_E_O_OPEN_2016
We are having a glow throw (BOGEY NIGHTS) the same night. Blair Keller does a great job lighting up the place. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1727213287535041/

Eric Nichols    May 10 at 1:57pm

Final day to register for the MVP Circuit on June 4th. All you procrastinators need to sign up by 9 pm this evening. Once registration is closed its CLOSED! haha https://www.discgolfscene.com/tournaments/2016_MVP_Circuit_Pittsburgh

Macky D    May 7 at 4:04am

Just got a profile on the Scene recently. Found someones disc (year or 2 ago) they got from getting an ace in a tournament of sorts. It may hold sentimental value to the original owner. Has a bunch of signatures and congratulations on it but no name and number. Looked seasoned when I found it so I play with it. It's Prodigy 2 14 X1 proto plastic-750. If it's yours and you want it, let me know....be honest and don't say its your just cause you want a disc.

Kurt Claypoole    April 15 at 4:44pm

Only two more weeks to register for the 2016 Vibram Birdie Bash at Grove City Memorial Park. Let me know if you wanna meet up and try out the discs before registering. Come join us as we raise funds for the course and get a load of extra prizes from great local sponsors.
Visit https://www.discgolfscene.com/tournaments/Vibram_Birdie_Bash_at_Grove_City_DGC_2016 to register. Hope to see you there!

Vern Lepine    March 15 at 3:32am

Great dgc fair challenging line for lefty and righty,and nice long tee pad,Thi time of year the coure very muddy.

Blake Trenary    November 16 at 4:22am

I lost a gold Star Destroyer on hole 11. I think it's in the ravine that runs through the middle. We looked for a solid 20 minutes, couldn't find it.

My friend also lost a Orange Discraft Heat on hole 14, should be in the small ravine right in front of the white tee

Please let me know if you happen to stumble across these. Thank you!

Mike "Draz" Chuirazzi    September 1 at 7:58pm

Reminder: Registration is open for the 2015 MVP Circuit event at Clarence Darrow Park (Young's Run) in Warren, OH. Players pack includes 3 discs and other swag. There will be multiple different events throughout the day each with prizes. Hot dogs, chips, and soda will be available durring the lunch break. For more information or to register visit http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournaments/2015_MVP_Circuit
Please note - Must have at least 17 registered players by Sept 12, 2015 to order players packs.

Tim S    August 29, 2015 at 1:05am

Lost a White DX Valkyrie on Hole 14, has my name and number on it. Would like to have it back, one of my first and favorite discs. It went into the valley on the right of the path leading up to the basket. Looked for 20 min and couldn't find it. Thanks in advance.

J. Gary Dropcho    October 22, 2014 at 6:54pm

Working with Parks crew Deer Lakes hole 8 Thurs. 10/23 9am-12 building pyramid mound for C pin. Come out and help.

Macky D   May 5 at 5:36pm

let me know for help in the future. I would assist

John Lago    August 3, 2014 at 7:00pm

Planning to play DEER LAKES on Monday AUG 4th. Up from SC and looking for anyone that would show me the course and play a round or 2. Would like to play early in the day. Please respond here or call / text me at (843)714-5774

Nate Langer   August 4, 2014 at 1:12pm

I played Deer Lakes Friday night. It had rained off and on throughout the day and week, and to my suppress, the course was not as muddy as I anticipated. The only hole that could impose big rain issues is hole 3 and hole 15(the one that you throw over water. The fairway on hole 3 is almost always mu ... more

Nate Langer   August 4, 2014 at 1:15pm

I also played Knob Hill and Moraine State Park (I highly recommend Moraine) last weekend. Both courses did not seem to be overly muddy than any other course I have played after rain. Knob has done a good job recently spreading wood chips to help with wet conditions, but with any course in the woods, there are always going to be some wet spots, but nothing that would deter you from playing.

John Lago   August 4, 2014 at 4:00pm

I did play Knob Hill this morning. Really cool course. Wet and some mud, but not too bad. Probably won't get another chance to play here before I leave for home on Friday.

Kevin Eakin    December 2, 2013 at 10:59pm

Coming up on wednesday (Dec 4.) from West Virginia. Anyone know what shape the course is in?

J. Gary Dropcho   February 28, 2014 at 8:02am

Come up to PA March 15 for the Throwdown at Slippery Rock. Details at pfds.org

Joe Olson    July 27, 2013 at 11:58pm

I lost a Pro Rhyno on #5. Reward if returned. Thanks

William "Wilcone" Fretz   July 27, 2013 at 10:07pm

next time youre in town hit me up fucker!!! LETS SHOOT!

katie meloy    April 16, 2012 at 12:49am

Whoever put in the effort on the stone stairway on Hole #11, you did a great job. Looks wonderful.

J. Gary Dropcho   September 17, 2014 at 8:37am

Thanks Katie. Will Graves, Scott McIntyre and myself built those steps with materials and assistance from DL Parks manager Mike Dutch.