Chippewa Banks

Midland, Michigan     1 course · 18 holes     Driving directions

James Cherry    August 9 at 11:14am

My family is having a reunion in Midland over the wknd. I have not been up here yet to play any of the local courses. I will be introducing disc golf to my family. Im looking for a course that is beginner friendly. Something that has a decent amount of open holes; something like The Ponds of Lakeshore(the throw shop-ypsi). Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

Craig Prime   August 9 at 2:47pm

certainly not the easiest or most open but Sanford Lake Park's The Jungle may be the most visitor friendly and scenic. Gate fee to enter, beach, lake to swim in, water spray park - a day of discn and fun

Chris Blackhurst   August 9 at 3:04pm

I would say for beginner friendly definitely Chippewa Banks. Plus after you can walk down the road and you will be at the tridge and downtown.

James Cherry   August 10 at 12:17pm

Thanks for the info and the help guys.

Tim Obertein    August 2, 2017 at 5:47pm

This fundraiser will have a CTP on every single hole for the Saturday round, and also one on every hole for the Sunday round. Raffle items and current CTPs are listed in the Google Doc (link in details). We have some awesome items for both!

Feel free to message me if you have any questions!

Tim Obertein    July 26, 2017 at 2:06am

Come play this fundraiser for a disc golfer who does a ton for the local disc scene! No registration and 100% of funds go to the family!

Christopher Koontz    June 19, 2017 at 11:05pm

Tomorrow Tuesday Week 2
***Big $$ Bring Your Own Partner Doubles***
5:30pm Check In - Start @ 6pm

Chipawae Banks (Midland, Mi)
40$ Total Per Team That Consist Of
30$ Per Team Going To Payouts
10$ Per TeamGoing To Ace Pool
That Is Where The 40$ Goes
Paying Top 3Teams
Regardless Of 6 Teams Or 30 Teams
21 Hole Layout (Short 3,13,18)
**** Side Note ***** You Don't Have To Use The
The Same Partner Each Week
Week 2 Acepool 30$

Christopher Koontz    June 19, 2017 at 11:03pm

Christopher Koontz    June 19, 2017 at 11:03pm

Ed B    May 31, 2017 at 8:13pm

It's a long shot but I left a light blue gold line l64 saint someplace on the course two weekends ago. If anyone finds it, I'll buy you a disc or cash equivalent if you return it.

Travis Moulton   June 1, 2017 at 9:46am

Not sure if you are already on there, but get on facebook and use the tri city disc golf page. You may have better luck

Ed B   June 1, 2017 at 10:06am

thank you!

Ed B   June 1, 2017 at 10:08am

I just requested to join that group, appreciate the info

Tim Obertein    April 7, 2017 at 3:54am

Hey guys! Just making sure everyone knows about Monday doubles at Wickes. We'll be updating DG scene weekly with scores, ace pool, and other news!

David Sepulvedo    August 9, 2016 at 7:27pm

Threw a greenish/yellow champion thunderbird in the water on hole 4 at midland, would really love to get it back, has my PDGA # and initials, reward if found.

Torrey Laffoon    August 4, 2016 at 10:14pm

Hey Central Michigan Disc Golfers, Just wanted to introduce you to a great new business based in Mount Pleasant, Central Disc Co.! We are a brand new startup that believes disc golf is for everyone and we want to see this sport explode in our community and beyond. Our mission is to supply area disc golfers with the best products at the best prices with great local knowledge and customer service. We are in the process of trying to venture into the real estate world and open a brick and mortar sho ... more

Chris Blackhurst    August 3, 2016 at 4:16pm

Sanford lake Discraft ace race now has an added state berth for 1st place. If your interested in registering go to https://www.discgolfscene.com/tournaments/Discraft_Ace_Race_at_The_Jungle_Sanford_Lake_Park_2016/registration

Deadline is August 7th so sign up today!

RYAN T    July 26, 2016 at 12:26am

Lost my orange Project Johnson disc on hole 10 last Friday. I believe it was a Heat, but honestly can't remember what it actually was. It says project Johnson on the face though, so let me know if you've come across it. I'm pretty sure it went out on the left side, but can't be sure because I didn't have a spotter.

Jeff Karbowski    July 25, 2016 at 9:13pm

Lost brand new red Westside Sorcerer on hole 13, shanked it way right possibly to road. Reward if found. Also found a new disc while searching for mine, name it and I will get it back to you. Thanks.

Simon Porritt    July 7, 2016 at 8:33pm

My bro lost an orange Z-line Predator with a custom Biohazard dye on Hole 16, name and number on it, please hook him back up with that sweet-baby.

Chris Blackhurst    July 7, 2016 at 7:53pm

Friday July 8th Sanford lake leagues will be here for the weekly league which will also double up as a warm up doubles round for the midland open. It is a $5 buy in with $1 ace and $1 ctp. If no one gets an ace we will throw off for the money. There will also be extra CTP's available. If your looking to get a practice round in along with some fun come on out. Tee off is 6pm and it is a random draw doubles.

Nick C    July 5, 2016 at 1:59am

Lost my blue Star Eagle on the left side of 17. Would love to get it back. Name and number are on it.

Chris Blackhurst   July 5, 2016 at 8:39am

Which course since you posted thin here for midland and also for freeland

RYAN T    June 22, 2016 at 1:17am

Lost a yellow Nuke OS with faded red under dye a couple weeks ago and forgot to post. Somewhere on the left side of 17 down by the hole. Reward if you find it. I've had it for 7 years so I don't want to let it go!

Ryan Wolfe    June 12, 2016 at 10:40pm

Lost a purple g-star thunderbird short right side on 12. $ if someone finds it

Craig Prime    June 1, 2016 at 5:32pm

starting tonight at 6:00 in West Branch - Wednesday Night Random draw doubles. Contact Jason Mathe for information

Chris Blackhurst    April 9, 2016 at 4:37pm

I will be taking pre-orders for bag tags today from 2:45-3:30 at midland course. If you pre-pay and can not show up next week you will get the numbers that follow the amount of people we have playing for #1. And if you do make it then you will already be entered to play for #1. #1 tag round is April 16th tee off at 12pm