Fountain City Flyerz
Upcoming Tournaments View All Events
Current Leagues View All Events
Upcoming Leagues View All Events
Brian Barclay March 2 at 11:50am
Bag Tag 2015 Discussion
We are in the process of taking considerations of what worked and didn't work last year with the rules. I want the rules set and pretty much most everyone to understand and be comfortable with the rules prior to purchasing a tag to avoid hurt feelings and a season of whining and round dodging to hold on to the top tags. This is meant to be a fun way for folks to get out and play some disc golf OUTSIDE of leagues although tags add to the fun of the competitive spirit during leagues. We ... more
We are in the process of taking considerations of what worked and didn't work last year with the rules. I want the rules set and pretty much most everyone to understand and be comfortable with the rules prior to purchasing a tag to avoid hurt feelings and a season of whining and round dodging to hold on to the top tags. This is meant to be a fun way for folks to get out and play some disc golf OUTSIDE of leagues although tags add to the fun of the competitive spirit during leagues.
We have really considered making it so that on leagues you would be competing for tags against all those that owned tags regardless of what card you are on but it was brought to my attention that the person running leagues would have to enter the tag challenge into the scene to avoid people not knowing how everyone did and who all was there at leagues. Considering the task of adding scores into the scene for leagues is enough of a responsibility we want to avoid making it any more cumbersome than it already is keeping track of the ace pool and the scores. Knowing this it is your responsibility to understand that we make the league cards based on scores. It's our way of keeping the competition somewhat similar across the cards without having to have divisions. Every league director can do what they want but it has always been suggested that you split up cards evenly and no more than 4 players. Because the players on the top card tend to take longer lining up their shots and I usually choose to have less on the top card if there are 7 players for example to keep the pace of play moving. I'm not making that decision to jip you out of your chance at the top card that week it's just the way it is. In cases of ties for card position I use alphabetical order of the last name.
We have also decided that the top card from last year will be given tag number 1 free of charge unless they don't want to play this year. After that it's first come first serve basis.
It seemed like there was some attempts made to dodge challenges by scheduling rounds outside of Bryan in an attempt to avoid challenges or make it more difficult. If we want to look at making one of the 2 challenges mandatory in Bryan I am open to hearing ways to solve that. The not hearing from people for 2 weeks after a challenge thing seemed okay until you were supposed to relinquish your tag and upon doing so typically you'd be at the course and would decide to play each other anyways so I'm not sure how to make that better. It's an honor system, some have it others don't, I'm limited with what I can do with forcing someone to give me their tag. There was some finagling of the challenge rule where people would lose their tag and turn around and challenge them again for it immediately before they even had a chance to change the tag order on the scene. We could look at some stuff for that. Lets just keep in mind that this isn't Magic The Gathering and I don't need a 40 page rule book on this, it's a friendly competition and chances are you are going to have some good rounds and some bad rounds and the tags are going to change hands over and over again until the last couple weeks in October.
Here's the rules as they were last year:
2014 Bag Tag Challenge Rules:
1. Tags will be assigned on a first come first serve basis. You will be given the lowest numbered tag available at the time of purchase.
2. All tags must be carried to the challenge and displayed on your disc golf bag. If you don't have a bag you must at least have it with you.
3. A higher numbered tag can challenge a lower numbered tag. All challenges must be accepted, unless there are less than 2 weeks left in the season, or if there is already an outstanding challenge involving the challenged player. The lower numbered tag must select a location, format, and a tee set to play from as well as at least 2 times they can meet to play. Formats can include match play as well as stroke play. Times must be reasonable. If they cannot play in those 2 weeks they must trade their tag for the challengers. If the challenger cannot make either of the two offered times the challenge is void.
4. Ties will result in the original holder of the lowest bag tag winning the challenge and retaining their bag tag. Players may now optionally decide to play off extra holes in cases of ties. Ultimately it is up to the player who went into the round with the lower numbered tag to make that decision. Please be sure to check the tag updates after posting the scores to be sure that the tag numbers updated properly.
5. Consecutive round challenges DO NOT have to be accepted but can be if all parties agree.
6. Multiple people at the same course, playing at the same time and from the same tees can play for tags in groups of up to four people per group. You may play in groups of more than 4 but please use courtesy on the course. If there is a smaller group playing at a faster pace, you must let them play through. All tags are thrown into a pool and the person who wins takes the lowest numbered tag and second place takes 2nd lowest tag etc...
7. League and tournament rounds can be used for the Bag Tag Challenge if agreed to by the parties involved before the start of the round.
8. As the discgolfscene website is what we use to track the tag numbers owned by players we are requiring that each player be a member of the discgolfscene and post their scores within 24 hours of the round ending.
9. If a tag is lost the tag is dropped off the list and a new tag may be purchased at full price.
Benjamin Wonders December 30 at 5:38pm
New Year's Day Round
Noon at Recreation Park. Bring discs and an arm or two. Legs helpful, as well, but not necessary. LOL. Let's make some fun times.
Brian Barclay October 1 at 2:23pm
Rules Changes That May Affect Us
QA 20: Mandatory Has No Drop Zone Q:I missed the mandatory, and no Drop Zone has been marked. Where is my lie? A:You go back to your previous lie. Applicable Rules: 804.02 Mandatories. QA 21: Obstacle to Stance and Flight Path Q:My disc came to rest under a large fallen tree branch. The branch is clearly dead and unattached from the tree, and extends from behind my disc to in front of it. Can I move the branch? A:Yes. If part of the branch is in your stance or run-up, you're allo ... more
QA 20: Mandatory Has No Drop Zone
Q:I missed the mandatory, and no Drop Zone has been marked. Where is my lie?
A:You go back to your previous lie. Applicable Rules: 804.02 Mandatories.
QA 21: Obstacle to Stance and Flight Path
Q:My disc came to rest under a large fallen tree branch. The branch is clearly dead and unattached from the tree, and extends from behind my disc to in front of it. Can I move the branch?
A:Yes. If part of the branch is in your stance or run-up, you're allowed to move it, even if another part is between your lie and the hole. Applicable Rules: 803.01 Obstacles and Relief.
Benjamin Wonders August 27 at 8:51am
Sunday League begins this Sunday at 11:00 AM
Recreation Park, as usual. Optional Ace pool for $1. It stands at $100 right now. Come on out, and have a good time.
Benjamin Wonders August 25 at 1:29pm
Tuesday night league starts up again tomorrow
Play begins by 5:45 PM sharp. Bring $1 if you want in on the ace pool. Hope to see everyone there.
Josh Thomas May 31 at 2:29pm
League is cancelled for 6/1. Updated at 2:30 pm
Brian Barclay May 25 at 8:54am
Registered the event for September 6th. Haven't heard back on if it's too late to hold the event.
Brian Barclay May 13 at 3:35pm
Leagues cancelled for 5/13
We'll add a night at the end of the season.
Brian Barclay March 27, 2014 at 3:01pm
April 6th 2014 Meet-up
2014 Tags for the 2014 Bag Tag Challenge will be here for the April 6th Meet-up. They are $8 and will be red this year. All proceeds go to the club so we can do stuff like this in the future. All players in the challenge need to be registered discgolfscene members prior to purchasing. All matches must be recorded to keep tag placement current. League and rules will be posted shortly. Bring questions and comments to the meeting if there are problems with the rules. This type of thing should run itself if everyone cooperates.
Brian Barclay August 12, 2013 at 7:24pm
Just a reminder. We are holding an informal meeting tomorrow to go over League stuff for anyone interested. If you want to be in the League just send me a message with your email and I'll get you in the league roster. If you don't know your division we can figure that out tomorrow or one of the next Tuesdays before league.
Chris Coffman July 1, 2012 at 1:25pm
Last Day of Leagues!
Because of certain events that had transpired the last two weeks of leagues, we had decided to extend the leagues an extra 2 weeks and allowed everyone in on the Ace Pool for free. Well everyone, it is now that last and final week for the season and we would like to see everybody out there! We have been calculating scores with handicaps as it stands Robby Scheckelhoff is currently in the lead with 37 pts. Nobody is to far behind. Oh and remember FREE Ace Pool.