Cascades Gateway

Salem, Oregon     1 course · 18 holes     Driving directions

Jacob Pratt    November 18 at 10:34am

I finally got out yesterday to play with the trees/nets and it was great. It definitely makes a few of the holes more interesting and forces you to take different shots than before (in a good way). As a side note, does anyone know if the giant pile of bark chips is a permanent obstacle on 15? If so, it also makes a great alternate teepad :)

Thank you to everyone who took the time to plan and plant the trees. You've made a wonderful park even better.

Mr B'LEE'DAT   November 19 at 1:58pm

since you all running the club into the toilet are too ignorant to ask for input from those who want to improve our community<barry is an exception, i do appreciate eve time you contact me tobe involved> WOOD CHIPS ISSUE...i had delt with this poblem when i was greenkeeper for cascade and i fo ... more

- scottishrob -   November 19 at 3:06pm

Those chips were put there by friends of trees, not the city.

Jacob Pratt   November 19 at 4:48pm

Thanks for the reply, the bark chips are not a big issue. It's worth it if it will eventually be spread around under the baskets. Thanks for your efforts in improving the course, it is much appreciated!

Steve Moore    November 14 at 10:23pm

Map of tree planting for Cascade Gateway tomorrow morning.

Join in if not doing anything else. Will wait to see how it comes out but some of locations seem to not make much sense to me.

I wish them well with project and glad to see something happening.

Steve

Mr B'LEE'DAT   November 15 at 8:29pm

****in rob... i went to cascade today and the FINE ladies of "friends of trees" were clear in stating that the tree locations were chosen by a collective effot from one of thier own "Chris", Barry, and a city worker! personaly i think its amazing what was done at cascade today. maybe focus on that and have a lil mutual respect for those that "DO WORK"...steve included.

Mr B'LEE'DAT   November 15 at 8:33pm

i was also informed there were an amazing 60 plus volunteers plus the "team leads" from FRIENDS OF TREE'S... out of that entire huge crowd they said only maybe 10 were crap city members.

- scottishrob -   November 15 at 8:48pm

And if you had any real involvement, you would have noticed that Barry continued to ask for input during this whole process. All you had to do was provide opinions of where tree locations would go. Barry announced that date for meeting with the city at cascades for putting the marks on the ground. A ... more

Rick Saffeels    November 11 at 1:56pm

Found: "Tietaja" Westside at Cascade. No name or number but brand new and want to get it back to it's home. Let me know if you lost one yesterday (color and stamp and it's yours) thanks!

Rick Saffeels   November 11 at 2:03pm

Owner found! That was fast!

Rick Saffeels    November 6 at 5:03pm

Collin from Country Insurance is coming out Monday to Cascade Gateway at 4:30 to give away some free discs and donate money to our club! Every person that shows up and writes down their info gets a FREE Gateway putter or driver (Wizard, Magic, Apache) and he will donate $20 to our club per person! Lets get at least 20 people out there! (That's $400 to the club!) See ya at Twilight!

Rick Saffeels   November 6 at 5:03pm

Two Divisions so everyone is welcome!

Bruce Applegate    November 2 at 11:08am

Anyone gonna be out playing around 9ish hmu let's huck 5035592492

Rick Saffeels    October 31 at 7:23pm

Hey! Headed to Cascade for a Halloween round before dark! Come and join me!

Steve Moore    September 19 at 9:25pm

So is there no one from CCDG willing to answer up to simple question being asked for the good of us all? What is, if there is one, the plan for repair and upkeep of which local courses, regarding fixing needed items, finishing what needs to be finished, and getting courses in shape for this winter coming fast? I do not understand why some much problem on this topic when it concerns all of us that play the sport. Time to work together and grow the group and get things done, not work againest each other as it seems to be now. Thank you.

Brandon Zastoupil    August 26 at 4:48pm

Lost a champ Valkyrie on 17 to the left in the field or ditch it has a captain america dye. Get it back to me or toss it in the drop off box

Silas Prince   August 26 at 5:13pm

Or else!!!!

Rick Saffeels   August 26 at 6:39pm

Didn't see it :( which ditch? Left of basket?

Brandon Zastoupil   August 26 at 11:51pm

haha i guess writing from my phone makes me sound demanding. haha yeah left of basket over the road. short of the basket

brent kress    August 24 at 3:20pm

Anyone be at cascade today around 3 wanna play a round or two, be Great to disc with some peeps

Silas Prince    August 15 at 5:44pm

Anyone interested in a casual round or two tonight? 5-dark is when I'll be hukin.

Mr B'LEE'DAT   August 17 at 3:11am

dam just seen this...

Mr B'LEE'DAT   August 17 at 3:11am

id huk with ya anytime bud, day or night...

Mike Wilson    July 1 at 4:45pm

My kid lost his pink DD2 deep behind H9, name/number on it. Would appreciate a call if found.

Brittany "Honey B" Hutchens    June 25 at 10:07pm

Lost my orange rainbow stamp Valkyrie. Disc means a lot to me. My number is on it. If anyone finds it please get ahold of me.

Lucky .   June 25 at 10:30pm

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Ace Stronghammer    June 25 at 9:54pm

I lost a orange (gold) Bolt on 5. I don't know how since its mostly field.

Mike Wilson   June 26 at 12:00am

Then I have his R Pro Wraith he lost at Wheatland.

brian g   June 26 at 12:41am

r pro driver?! do him a favor and throw it back in the bushes! J/K

Ace Stronghammer   June 26 at 10:32am

lol, Brians a comedian. i would like to get that back mike, feel free to call or text me and we can meet up somewhere. Doug

Brandon Zastoupil    June 24 at 9:47pm

Lost my thief in the building on 4. If someone finds it get at me

Steven Winslow    June 19 at 2:57pm

Left an orange C-Line PD2 on 12 yesterday. Was gone when I figured it out. Has my name, number, and a Huk Lab TriFly on it.

Steven Winslow    June 6 at 4:28pm

Starting on 16 June 2014, you'll have an option to pay $1 extra on your buy-in for Monday Night Handicap League and have your round PDGA rated!

There will be no other change to payouts or buy-ins. PDGA round rating is $1 per person per round. PDGA round rating is completely optional.

More info on PDGA Leagues @ http://www.pdga.com/leagues
Results will be posted @ http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/17984

Mark McKeever    May 24 at 9:40pm

Kim p. My grandson found your glow leopard today, He called and left you a mess.

Kim P   May 24 at 9:54pm

oh that is awesome! i didnt get a message, so just to make sure its the correct number, it should be 503-269-7241. Thank you!!

Kim P    May 22 at 9:15pm

Never got around to posting about it when it happened, but about 2 weeks ago I lost a 2013 bag tag championship glow leopard in the blackberry bushes to the left of 17. Looked for it a bit, but looked like it went deep. Has name and number on it, would love the off chance of getting it back if anyone else has to go hacking out there.

Brandon Zastoupil    May 22 at 9:09pm

I lost my Purple MVP Volt on #16 to the left into the bushes or the trench, looked for 20 minutes and couldn't find it. It's still a new disc but has my name and number on it, if someone finds it I will give them a Z Stalker as a reward. Thanks and Please Call

Brandon Zastoupil   May 22 at 11:27pm

Thanks man, i'm gonna go out tomorrow morning and look for it again with fresh eyes and low temperatures.

Rick Saffeels   May 23 at 2:39am

Ps just saw this and your profile pic and thought you would maybe laugh http://www.discgolfscene.com/profile/3847/pictures/album_12378/213141#213141

Brandon Zastoupil   May 23 at 3:09pm

went out and checked again and looked for about 30 minutes, but no dice, Hopefully I get called, Cascade is iffy about getting discs back

Marcus Hughes    May 22 at 12:30am

Lost my pink Discraft XL the other day in the bushes to the right of hole #7's fairway. Please let me know if you find it, my number is on it. Also, I left a yellow Innova Champion Valkyrie on the fairway of hole #4 a few months back. Please let me know if you have it and just forgot to call. =)