Wadsworth Disc Golf September 7 at 4:19pm
Alright, let's get moving - SCRAMBLES AND EXPANSION
Nick Gaugler, Wadsworth Disc Golf founder/president, and I met with Harry Stark of the City of Wadsworth this past Friday. With a reaffirmed understanding and support, coupled with the success of the Ace Race, the following is expected to occur:
1. From Mid-September to Mid November, a weekly scramble will be held, similar in format to other area courses in the way they are run. This is open to anyone, and we will make an effort to let every team be competitive each week. See more details in the "Events" section of this site.
2. Prior to each scramble, at 8:00am, we will have club meetings. Currently, there is no real structure or membership to the club, and these meetings will help change that, getting local players to both get organized and help make positive changes to the course to make it a real 18-hole gem. Come and offer your talents and your opinions, and we can all take pride in what is produced.
3. After each scramble, for about an hour, we will try to target one "mini-project" to improve the course. It may include putting in tee signs, relocating baskets, cleaning up holes, prepping new hole locations. The idea though is to get everyone done by noon or so so that you're day still has time for football and family, or whatever else you have in mind. We'll put out the word each week of a target project so that if any tools can be brought with you to help the specific project, it can be done.
4. We have the following improvements targeted to be completed THIS YEAR (by the end of 2013):
* The stairs at the first tee
* The bulletin board
* Finalizing adjustments to current holes
* Adding 3 holes to the course (to total 12), all with 2 tees per hole, marked with kickboard lines initially.
...So, come out and help us make this all happen, and let's play some disc golf!