Handicaps are calculated in this manner relavent to par.
1. If you haven't played a week then I give you a handicap based on ability and difficulty of weekly course.
2. If you've played one week then I use your first week along with one I will give you for the second week based on first weeks score and difficulty of 2nd weeks course.
3. Once you've played 2 to 4 weeks then I divide total score by number of weeks played.
4. Once you've reached 5-9 weeks then I take your high and low score away and then calculate.
5. Once you've reached 10-14 weeks then I take your 2 high and your 2 low away and then calculate.
6. 15-19 and 20-24 would be 3 high and low and 4 high and low respectively.
7. Calculating for less than an 18 hole course. Take score, divide by number of holes, then times by 18 to get your weekly score before handicap. For example. If you scored a 36 on a 12 hole course you actually scored a 54. If par was 37 then it actually was a par 55.5. If you shot a 36 which became a 54 then your weekly handicap score would be -1.5. And your weekly handicap would be added or subtracted from 54 not 36.