Portage Lakes DGC

Akron, Ohio     1 course · 18 holes     Driving directions

Mitch G    May 3, 2013 at 12:34pm

A reminder that Wingfoot glow league starts on Monday Night. We will begin throwing at about 8:30!! 5 dollars gets you in, 1$ ACE fund, and we will have other prizes if we get a good turnout.

Matt Dungan    April 9, 2013 at 7:47pm

Holes 8 & 17 are now in their alternate/long positions along with 1,5,11,12 & 16.

8 plays about 30' longer and straighter with the basket closer to the road so watch your skips!

You can now see 17's pin from the long tee, it's still a turnover for us righties but not as blind and we can use the left gap.

Have fun!

Brian Shega   April 9, 2013 at 9:00pm

Thanks Matt. You guys are doing some amazing work out there.

eric " Sharky " boyd   April 9, 2013 at 10:29pm

I second , what Brian says !! Awesome job to everyone who helps support and work , on our local courses !!

Jay Kovach    April 7, 2013 at 2:30pm

I'll be here for a round at 330 with several club tags up for grabs. Come get some.

Carl Peterson    April 4, 2013 at 10:46pm

This Saturday 4/6, will do some clearing for the long basket location on hole #6, starting around 8:30 AM and ending at 11:00 to play a round. If you haven't seen the clean-up on #15 or played the alternate baskets, the weather is looking good for Saturday.

Matt Dungan    April 1, 2013 at 7:54pm

COURSE UPDATE; Holes 1,5,11,12 and 16 are in their long positions.

The moat on 15 is being cleaned and roped off (big thanks to Evan Adams).

The drop zone is marked near the small walking bridge-NO PENALTY

more changes coming soon, enjoy!

Ben Calhoun    March 28, 2013 at 11:17am

How's this course looking? Planning to play this Saturday possibly

Dan'hyzer' Kilgore   March 29, 2013 at 4:30pm

Hi Ben, I don't know if this is to late and you've made your plans already. But if your going to play Portage Lakes this Saturday it would be cool if I could shoot around with you. Your the only 1000 course played member that I haven't played a round with and to shoot a round with you @ Portage Lake ... more

Ben Calhoun   March 29, 2013 at 4:35pm

Damn, I would have, but dad's sick, and we had to cancel the trip, for this weekend at least!

Dan'hyzer' Kilgore   March 30, 2013 at 1:41pm

I understand, Ben. I hope your Dad feels better real soon. Let me know when you plan to be in town again.

brett m    March 11, 2013 at 9:25pm

lost my white d aviar has name and number on inner rim

Dan'hyzer' Kilgore   March 12, 2013 at 7:04am

I found it. It was in the basket on hole # 10. I put your disc in the lost & found disc hole on thats on the kiosk. I'm sure if you contacted Steve Godar or Matt Dungan, that they could get it for you.

brett m   March 12, 2013 at 8:25am

thanks i really appreciate it.

Dan'hyzer' Kilgore   March 12, 2013 at 5:37pm

No problem Brett, i know i appreciate it when someone returns one of my lost discs.

Matt Dungan    December 29, 2012 at 7:31am

hole 16 is now in it's long position to the right down on the flat near the lake. It's a longer shot over the water for righties to park it but still a deuce hole. Should be a bit easier for the lefties now too

Matt Dungan    December 24, 2012 at 9:57am

tees are clean

Matt O    December 24, 2012 at 9:37am

Lost my pink older champ Sidewinder on hole 5. Hit a tree about halfway down the fairway, it bounced somewhere. It has no ink, a blue stamp and is 172g.

Tom Randau    November 27, 2012 at 12:12am

planning on playing here tomorrow unless it's going to rain all day

Carl Peterson    November 12, 2012 at 12:07pm

Thanks Matt. Can't wait to play it. Maybe Saturday.

Matt Dungan    November 12, 2012 at 6:00am

hole 5 is now in it's alternate position straight ahead out on the point, please be courteous to the fishermen who sometimes share this fine spot. More alternates coming soon, enjoy!

Dominic G    November 11, 2012 at 9:06pm

If anyone is interested, Empire Darts (who sponsered hole 4) is starting to get a pretty large new and used disc selection. The store is about a mile and a half past the entrance of Portage Lakes. He buys, sells, trades. I told him I would help get his name out there (no perks for me, promise!) and he said if you mention you saw this on the Scene he will knock off a buck a disc. It would be nice for a local store to carry a large selection of discs.

Dominic G    November 11, 2012 at 8:59pm

Can't wait to try out some new pin positions! I heard there might be some longer tees as well. I'm seeing some pretty awesome possibilities for a long tee to long pin on 5.

Matt Dungan    November 9, 2012 at 6:07pm

I will be at the course around 8-830 in the morning putting the sleeve in for 5's long placement out on the point if anyone wants to get their hands dirty out here, may work on another placement too but want to be playing by noon.

Jay Kovach    October 26, 2012 at 7:06am

Good getting a round in with you matt at your home course sir looking good.

Matt Dungan    October 26, 2012 at 5:54am

sorry guys, still trying to work on the couse designer about cutting those couple of trees down on the inside line over the hill on 17. About 8-10 big trees (maybe more) have fallen around the course this year and I guess the feeling is if we cut a couple down and more fall then it becomes to open. Just trying to be selective I guess. The left fairway is opening up even though I know everyone likes to cut the corner over the hill. We'll see, but for now enjoy the rest of the couse

Greg Platt    October 25, 2012 at 11:45pm

Matt has done a great job on the course(huge understatement)I would hate to see what condition the course would be in without him. He had the perfect trees marked for removal creating an inside and outside route off the tee on 17,this adjustment would reward a well placed throw,allowing you to follow a lane towards the basket or at least the putting area.As it stands you can hit your intended gap but with no reward for doing so,there's no line to follow,it takes more luck than skill to get to the basket.

Jay Kovach    October 25, 2012 at 7:58pm

understandable, that course is atoll young. The park depo has the capability to move trees also.