Portage Lakes DGC

Akron, Ohio     1 course · 18 holes     Driving directions

Dan'hyzer' Kilgore    May 16, 2011 at 8:28pm

erock216 wrote "not sure of the who", well you must of read or heard it from someone. but you remember all the slamming but not the person (s) doing the slamming of PLDGc. And since there's no proof of this slamming, just your heresay. I'd suggest you just mind your own buisness and let everything play out. I personally thank you for your concern but ......The club president, Mr. Steve Godar and park liason Mr. Bill Griffith said everything is fine. That's all I need to ... more

erock 216    May 16, 2011 at 1:24pm

thats good news. played the front last year. can't wait to play the back!

Dan Clark    May 16, 2011 at 11:16am

Everything's fine I talked to Steve who is in charge of the club he said, "I have had a meeting with concerned parties and the state park managers. PLDGA is all good to go"

erock 216    May 16, 2011 at 9:43am

not sure of the who. they basically accused you guys of trashing the park (beer cans) and clear cutting without permission. they said that the mayor or the park director was pissed. meetings were scheduled and the course could get pulled.

Dan'hyzer' Kilgore    May 15, 2011 at 2:10pm

Well" EROCK", since you brought it up. Who said what?

erock 216    May 15, 2011 at 1:09pm

i think that the thread was deleted.

mike scarpitti    May 14, 2011 at 10:48pm

links not working

erock 216    May 14, 2011 at 11:56am

someone is on dgcr causing trouble. again. is any of this true?

Carl Peterson    May 5, 2011 at 9:03pm

The forecast is for no rain this Saturday morning (May 7) so clearing is scheduled at the Portage Lakes Disc Golf Course from 8:30 to 12:00. As usual, we'll play a round afterward. We will be working on hole 14, clearing brush to the alternate tee site. Clearing is also needed on the 16th fairway and the path between 15 and 16.

Matt Dungan    April 28, 2011 at 9:52pm

I'll be here Saturday from 8:30 till noon working on the back 9. It's going to be a nice day so come on out, do your part and then get a round or two in out here by the lakes!

Dan'hyzer' Kilgore    March 21, 2011 at 7:49am

Carl and I started clearing hole # 15 out this past saturday. Got a lot of work done, but so much needs to be done if you want to play the back 9. It's really up to you, not me because we'll (The die hard volenteers) get it done eventually. but it's the other people whom I talking to. If you want this DGC to get done this year then we're going to need some major helping out. I also want to give a big thank you to Leroy and Sharon Jenkins and Tommy for thier help in the rel ... more

John Sales    October 18, 2010 at 11:28am

i found a set of keys on 10/16/10. i think it was by #2 tee

there are 3 keys on the ring. two schlage and one car key and a keyless enteree button

if you have any idea who's they are, let me know

John Sales    October 18, 2010 at 11:23am

fun course with lots of potential. i'be out to help clean up this saturday if i get a babysitter.

Dan Clark    July 2, 2010 at 9:25pm

hey don't forget scrambles at 1 tomorrow.. come early can help do some clearing I should be there around 10

Jon DeCapua    June 17, 2010 at 10:51pm

just wanted to say that holes 10 and 11 look sick!!!! lets get this course done!

Dan Clark    June 11, 2010 at 10:34pm

Come on out and help do some clearing tomorrow morning.. Doubles will start at 1 if there's enough people.

Michael Stonestreet    May 21, 2010 at 3:04pm

Is anyone going to doubles here at 1 on saturday?