Fitzgerald Park

Grand Ledge, Michigan     1 course · 18 holes     Driving directions

Benjamin Dover    5 days ago

Is there an accurate map and/or scorecard posted anywhere?

Jim Knudson    September 10 at 8:49am

From Matt Rinker:

We now have 18 real life cement tee pads at Fitzgerald Park!!! The newest 9 that were poured today will not be playable for another week... so be patient. Next up, tee signs and directional arrows.

Pretty sure this would have never happened without Matt's involvement in CCR. Didn't happen before he got here.

Thanks for all you do (and just did)!

Sean Morgan   September 10 at 9:21pm

I haven't been there in years, but was thinking about going out there soon. Are the baskets in?

Joshua Siwek   September 12 at 1:27pm

damn Harold, if we put baskets in first you'd be saying 'we could use some teepads' Baskets are all in Sean, some are a little rasketty tho

Harold Fernando   September 13 at 10:25am

We could use some signs ;)

Jim Knudson    September 7 at 4:55pm

There is a large PAPER WASP nest about 3 feet off the ground in the bushes 3/4 of

the way up the right side of the fairway on #16!!! One got me right under the eye and

Rae got stung multiple times..

Matt Rinker   September 8 at 8:33am

I've told the park. They will be taking care of it today

Jim Knudson   September 8 at 8:38am

I will be out around 6pm tonight. My glasses went flying when I tried to swipe the hornet off my cheek, then they got stepped on while we were trying to find them. Let me summarize: there were a hell of a lot of old guys moving very quickly!!

Erin Oakley   September 8 at 9:24am

Thank you Matt!

Fred Vocino    September 6 at 11:11am

Is there a process for modernizing the photos for this course? Anything I might add to show the new layout may be mixed with those from prior era. Setting up a new spot on the about page should work to separate pics. But, the viewers could be confused by following the bygone course. Maybe a course named, "Fitz 2014"..?

Jim Knudson   September 6 at 1:02pm

Bring your camera tomorrow.

Fred Vocino   September 6 at 1:20pm

I'll do that. Note my pics from Earl Brewer park. The optimum service to the Fitzgerald course will take some time and your insights.

Chris Eberhard    August 6 at 10:06am

Found a disc over fence up near basket on #5 yesterday, let me know what it was and I'll gladly return it!

Harold Fernando    July 29 at 10:10am

Left a beautiful yellow Star Firebird I believe somewhere on 16. HPF and my cell and on the rim. Reward if you call the number.

Jim Knudson    July 9 at 10:33am

7/8/14 At 6:30pm last night Harold and I both deuced #17 from a CONCRETE PAD for the 1st time ever at Fitz!

Didn't have as much luck on #18, #1, #2, #3, or #5.

Harold Fernando   July 9 at 10:37am

Pads are nice!!! Hey now, we've both deuced 17 b4 on the dirt pads. Teepad for 4 is playable even with the end part broken off. I think for the rest of the 9, let's try to NOT pour them in during a holiday weekend. Cement pads rock!!!

Matt Rinker   July 9 at 11:01am

I really doubt the holiday weekend had much to do with dumbasses. True, they may have been more drunk than a nonholiday, but vandalism at Fitz has been a constant problem for years, unfortunately.

Justin Abram    July 4 at 9:08pm

Will the pads be for sure set for tomorrow, thinking about heading out there early AM or afternoon to break 'em in!

Justin Abram   July 5 at 10:10pm

Wow, it hasn't even been a week yet...

Chris Eberhard   July 6 at 6:29pm

Unbelievable. Apparently we needed 24 hour guards until the concrete set up. Wow.

Marc 2895   July 7 at 7:54am

There's always somebody that wants to mess things up. They can't just leave well enough alone.

Chris Eberhard    July 3 at 5:05pm

As can be seen from my new profile pic, fitz pads #1-6, 9, 17 and 18 are poured and should be ready for play by Saturday afternoon.

Matt Rinker   July 3 at 7:20pm

10X3 for the most part. Some shorter holes will be 8X3.

Harold Fernando   July 3 at 10:18pm

Holes 14 & 15 8X3?

Matt Rinker   July 4 at 3:02pm

Harold Fernando    July 2 at 10:26am

ATTENTION RENEGADES!!! Fitz staff needs two people tomorrow, Thursday at 8 am to help level out the cement pads at Fitz! They have already dug out the areas where the teepads will sit in; Jim and I counted at least 8 pre-dug holes so it's happening people! Frames should be constructed by the end of day today. Post here or let Rinker know perhaps. Thanks all!

Matt Rinker   July 2 at 4:34pm

XMatt Rinker just now Help was squired last night. Thanks for the post Harold. But I already got it handled.

Justin Abram    June 29 at 5:37pm

Found: two keys tied to a length of brown elastic cord, sitting on the rocks under 12's basket. One is a normal house key type and was cut at Walmart, the other is one of those designer printed keys. Tell me what the design is and I'll do whatever I can to return them to you!

Jim Knudson    June 16 at 9:36am

Found a couple discs in the Fairway near the basket on #17.

Both same model. Let me know if you left them and what they are.

Dan Hultin    June 12 at 8:22am

I found some sunglasses / welder glasses on hole 12 last night. Tell me the brand and color and I'll return them. I will be at the course tonight after work 4:30-8.

Jim Knudson    June 10 at 7:36pm

Basket #2 has been removed, not stolen, and will be re-planted tomorrow in time for

the CCR singles league.

Harold Fernando   June 11 at 9:56am

Disregard above statement. I'm losing track of my days now that SCHOOL'S OUT FOR THE SUMMER! SCHOOL'S OUT FOREVER! HAHA

Max Saxton   June 11 at 9:36pm

Fast times at ridgemont high Harold.

Jim Knudson   June 11 at 10:00pm

The PARK had the basket re-installed with concrete just as they said they would by league time. They have become very cool. Nice work Matt!

Harold Fernando    June 10 at 8:52am

So I was playing with Dan, Jim, and Matt yesterday when some very rude assholes started throwing on us while we were still playing hole 12. Then they almost hit Jim on 14 yesterday! This was at Fitz. Same kind of shit happened about a couple weeks ago, different group. WTF!?! Some of these new players REALLY don't understand common courtesy or common sense!!! I mean when there is a group on the hole in front of you, one DOESN'T throw until they are clear!!! I wanna thank Mitch Winters and Woody ... more

Jake Wood   June 10 at 9:31pm

I dont typically like to raise my voice, but those guys were clearly out of line.

Mitchell Winters   June 11 at 12:09am

Thanks Harold!! But seriously though u guys should let people play through if u Guys r gunna take ur time. Cause ur group can be slow

Harold Fernando   June 11 at 9:47am

Trust me Mitch we would have if they weren't being such ****s, and I agree with Jake, they were way out of line. Josh I'm gonna tell you the same thing I told Jim ;) Good play on words Rinker!

Dennis aka Josh Whaley    April 28 at 10:14am

I got sick just thinking about eating there

Marc 2895   April 28 at 5:34pm

I guess that's what you get when you eat with a coupon. It was A & W after all. Bummer food poisoning sucks.

Shane Underdahl    April 28 at 1:10am

Played the Vibram Birdie Bash on Saturday with a couple friends. Two of us used the A&W coupons afterwards and got violently ill. Did anyone else get poisoned?

Chris Eberhard    April 23 at 9:51am

Playing fitz early afternoon today(Wed. 4/23/14) if anybody is interested.

Chris Eberhard   April 23 at 1:43pm

yeah, now that I look back and actually went to your about" page, I understand it....sorry, didn really look at them close, just wrongly assumed.

Matt Rinker   April 23 at 1:47pm

Good, then I'll see you at League!

Chris Eberhard   April 28 at 9:33am

Hey Matt, Very sorry, but I'm going to have to bow out for leagues, looking at upcoming schedule and it's just not realistic for me to make it 16 of 20 weeks. I'll gladly chip in some cash for last week, whatever that would have been, it was a lot of fun.

Davis _    April 19 at 10:16pm

Did anybody lose a disc on hole 17 today? It was like 20 feet past the basket.

Davis _   April 20 at 8:49am

no name. tell me what it is and i will see it comes home to you

Davis _   April 28 at 8:03am

haha its mine now!!! awe. i dont really want it.

Eric Savoie    November 6 at 12:56pm

This Saturday, November 9th, we are hosting a fundraiser at the Michigan State University Disc Golf Club! We are hoping to raise enough funds to put in our three missing baskets, get course signage, and help send our team to Georgia for the NCDGC! We have several CTPs, and will also be having a raffle and ace pool. Come on out for a fun day of golf on our new layout!

Cashless pre-registration: http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournaments/MSU_Course_Fundraiser_2013

Jim Knudson   November 6 at 2:11pm

Fitz had a fundraiser last weekend.

Eric Savoie   November 6 at 4:17pm

I'm aware, this is a separate fundraiser to support the Disc Golf Club at MSU. I was hoping that some people that play at Fitz/in the Lansing area would be willing to come out and support us.