1. Birdshot event
Chuck DP Discer Conaway, Billy Birdshot Gilbert, and Mean Gene Engel will be the
league directors (LD)
2. Payout – 85% Cash. Management Fee – 10% Course Maintenance – 5%
Course Maintenance money will also be used for scorecard paper and scorecard
3. League Entry Fee - $20 per player. Must pay before play.
You may enter as late as the third week since there are two drop weeks
4. No Mulligans.
5. 6 week leagues. Drop two of your lowest points weeks.
6. 50% of all divisions will be paid
7. Total points will determine the order of finish in each division.
8. Place of finish within the division will determine how many points a player will
receive each week.
1st place receives 10 pts, 2nd place receives 9 points, and so on.
If there is a tie, then the average of the two places will be used.
Example: A tie for 1st place. The average of 10 and 9 points = 9.5 points.
9. Ace Pot – (optional) $1 each week you play. Ace Pot rolls over, caps at $100
If more than one player hits an Ace during a round then they split the $100.
10. Division by PDGA rating for a player’s first league only. A players average score
after the first league will determine the lowest division they can play in.
No more than 6 previous leagues or 1 year will be used to determine a players
11. If player has no PDGA rating, they choose their division for 1 league and establish a
rating by comparing scores to the Scratch Score Average (SSA) which is 49
(established at the mini tournament held on June 20th, 2009).
A 1000 rated player would be expected to throw a 49.
Deduct 10 points from 1000 for each throw over 49.
Ex: If you throw a 59, that is a 900 rated round.
PDGA rating is always used when available for a players first league only.
You may change your division until the start of the third week.
12. No less than 3 and no more than 5 per scorecard.
13. Payout will be done at the first week of the new league.
14. Results will be posted at the course board (if there is room) and on the Birdshot
website www.houstonbirdshot.com under “additional links” link.
Go to “Birdshot Leagues”
15. Have a CTP if there is any merchandise available that week.
16. Rainouts, holidays, etc. will be counted as a drop for everybody.
17. No 2 meter rule
18. PDGA rules are in effect. If you turn in a wrong score, you will be given 2 strokes
19. You may play in a higher skill division than the one that you are suited for, but may
not play in a lower skill division than the one that you are suited for.
20. You may switch divisions up until the 3rd week of the league starts.
Use the table below to determine which division you are best suited for
This may need to be adjusted .
Miramar Park Scores
Divisions – Expert 950+ <55
Advanced 900 – 949 55 - 59
Intermediate 850 – 899 60 - 64
Recreational 800 – 849 65 - 69
Novice below 800 > 69
No age or gender protected divisions
If you would like to be on the Results email list, email me at [email redacted]
‹ less text