Fountain City Flyerz Bag Tag Challenge
About this League
continue reading ›
1. Tags will be assigned on a first come first serve basis. You will be given the lowest numberered tag available at the time of purchase.
2. All tags must be carried to the challenge and displayed on your disc golf bag. If you don't have a bag you must at least have it with you.
3. A higher numbered tag can challenge a lower numbered tag. All challenges must be accepted. The lower numbered tag must select a location, format, and a tee set to play from as well as at least 2 times they can meet to play. Formats can include match play as well as stroke play. Times must be reasonable. If they cannot play in those 2 weeks they must trade their tag for the challengers. If the challenger cannot make either of the two offered times the challenge is void.
4. Ties will result in the original holder of the lowest bag tag winning the challenge and retaining their bag tag.
5. Consecutive round challenges DO NOT have to be accepted but can be if all parties agree.
6. Multiple people at the same course, lpaynig at the same time, and from the same tees can play for tags in groups of up to four people per group. All tags are thrown into a pool and the person who wins takes the lowest numbered tag and second place takes 2nd lowest tag etc...
7. League and tournament rounds can be used for the Bag Tag Challenge if agreed to by the parties involved before the start of the round.
8. Results of each challenge will be posted or reported to Brian or Chris within 24 hours of the challenge ending.
9. If a tag is lost the tag is dropped off the list and a new tag may be purchased at full price.
‹ less text
Brian Barclay June 26, 2012 at 9:44pm
We are having some issues with trading tags and the way I tried to fix the issue on the scene. It confused the software so we need to put the correct tag numbers in as of prior to us playing on Sunday so I can record Sunday's match. Also the battle royale doesn't work when we put it into the scene for sudden death not sure how Chris wants to handle that one. I'll leave it up to him. If everyone could please report to Chris what bag tag you currently have so he can update it it would be appreciated. Thanks, Brian.
Brian Barclay May 30, 2012 at 12:44pm
OK guys. I understand the rules are exploitable and are never going to make everyone happy. After talking with people about this there are major loopholes in the rules. I'm sorry that I am not a lawyer and couldn't figure out every single little loophole in the system so I feel the fairest thing to do at this point is to stick to the original rules and if people don't like those rules or can't play the way it was originally designed then we will give an option for the club ... more
OK guys. I understand the rules are exploitable and are never going to make everyone happy. After talking with people about this there are major loopholes in the rules. I'm sorry that I am not a lawyer and couldn't figure out every single little loophole in the system so I feel the fairest thing to do at this point is to stick to the original rules and if people don't like those rules or can't play the way it was originally designed then we will give an option for the club to buy back your tag and open it for sale at 6PM on Sunday the 3rd of June. It's either that or forbid the 2 people that are upset from challenging or accepting challenges from each other.
If we follow the rules to a tee then essentially a challenge was made, a place was set, and 2 times were given. Neither of those times were acceptable to the challenger so the challenge is null and void end of story. It has always been a rule that the times set must be reasonable. So if you are setting challenges that are impossible to get to due to it interfering with someones work schedule then it is not something I consider reasonable. Both times need to not interfere with peoples work schedule and allow for travel time as well.
The original rules stated that all parties would have to agree to to a league match or tournament round to be counted as a bag tag challenge as well. I never thought that we would have a problem of people playing out of their divisions to challenge someone to a bag tag challenge, So I didn't account for that. I have seen rules all over the internet and most rules state that if you are on the same card and playing the same tee set you can't deny a challenge. I don't think this accounted for people purposely playing out of their division to win a tag, which is just another way to exploit the rules.
I want to see this thing settled and this mess cleared up ASAP and not have to refund money but if people can't settle on a location then I have no choice.
I will even offer to pick both people up in Defiance at 5PM on either Thursday or Friday and take them to Ottawa then drop them off again when we are done. I will not charge gas and I have room for one more to see this epic battle go down. First come first serve on the extra available spot, and yes we can make it a challenge with four people if all agree to it.