Portage Lakes DGC

Akron, Ohio     1 course · 18 holes     Driving directions

Mike "Draz" Chuirazzi    August 21, 2015 at 3:41am

Few spots remaining for the 2015 Discraft Ace Race @ Young's Run in Warren, OH on August 30, 2015. Also registration is open for the MVP Circuit @ Young's Run on Sept 27, 2015. Both events are Pre-Register only. Player packs will not be available day of event.

For registration or more info on the Ace Race Visit: http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournaments/Youngs_Run_2015_Discraft_Ace_Race

For registration or more info on the MVP Circuit visit:

Kevin Hitch    August 7, 2015 at 2:29am

Registration for The 4th Annual Ace Race, being held Saturday August 22 at 2pm, ends THIS SUNDAY, AUGUST 6.

REGISTER NOW!

Matt Hill    August 5, 2015 at 4:37am

Heads up everyone, there's a big bees nest in a tree down by hole 12s long basket. Got stung in the ear today while I was putting.

Matt Dungan   August 5, 2015 at 1:01pm

Thanks Matt, I'll stop by after work and check it out. Steve said the nest is up a tree like 20' so not sure about spraying it, maybe I'll move the basket for now

Matthew Karthan    August 1, 2015 at 12:06am

Lost a Green TL3 off 12. Got a txt saying it was dropped off at lost n found. Was wondering where exactly i could pick it back up?

Matt Dungan   July 31, 2015 at 8:37pm

I'll grab it out of the box tomorrow. you can meet me there to grab it sometime

Matthew Karthan   July 31, 2015 at 9:51pm

hey cool man thanks! Much appreciated

Larry Bright Jr.    July 10, 2015 at 8:16pm

Registration for the MVP Circuit Event at Sims Park on 8/1/15 closes one week from today!! This event is PRE-PAY only!! Don't miss out on the first event of this type for MVP!!

Larry Bright Jr.    June 29, 2015 at 8:17pm

Registration is now open through July 17th for the 2015 MVP Circuit Event at Sims Park at Sims Park Disc Golf Course on 8/1/15!!! The players pack is sick and more than worth the $30 entry fee to play. There's gonna be a bunch of side games and prizes, so you don't want to miss this one!! This event will be pre-registration only, so make sure to get in while you can!!!

James Orth    June 20, 2015 at 1:09am

Just wanna say I found my buddy Cory Rockich yellow omega putter that he lost in a portage doubles two years ago in the FREAKIN CTP.... Whoever volunteered to get the discs clearly lied about picking it up. Cause he never got it back ..... Well I found it on hole 12 at medina yesterday with his name and number clearly on it still!!! And it even says he aced a hole with this disc..... We're both glad he got it back now I hope whoever had it and lost it SNAPS YOUR WRIST disc golfing

Jon DeCapua   June 22, 2015 at 9:52am

dude, this happens all the time.

James Orth   June 24, 2015 at 3:21am

I know I just wanted to joke around I'm not serious

James Orth   June 24, 2015 at 3:23am

Different when ur in a league doubles tho and someone steals your disc, not like he lost it someone took it

Larry Bright Jr.    June 17, 2015 at 9:08pm

Finally!!!! A signature event from disc golf technology leaders, MVP Disc Sports!!!! $30 lands you 3 discs (Electron Atom putter, Plasma Tangent mid, and unreleased Proton Relay fairway driver), a koozie, a wristband, and a sticker to be used during the event. We will play one round of the standard 20 hole layout, followed by a final 9 for all players. There will also be side games for other prizes, including a Ring of Fire, Distance / Accuracy Driving Competition, and CTPs. This event will be p ... more

Matt Dungan    June 4, 2015 at 2:20pm

Scrambles 6 pm today. Come out and kill some time before the 9pm Cavs start.

Jay Kovach    June 3, 2015 at 4:56pm

Lost omega black right of hole by basket on hole 15 would love my putter back

James Orth    May 30, 2015 at 4:54am

If anyone goes swimming I lost a maroon champion monster on 16 to the left where everyone's discs are and a pink ape on hole five, it skipped in to the water on the right on a forehand shot to the short basket placement, there both 175g I don't believe my name is on either of them330622-3810 thx

Matt Dungan    May 28, 2015 at 2:17pm

Don't forget scrambles tonight, tee off 6:00

Jake Copelin    May 21, 2015 at 9:52pm

Hey guys I lost three discs up at the course. One is a Green Surge SS in the champion plastics but obviously it's disc craft, on 16, it is in the water of the opposite shoreline by the basket, and the second is a green MVP disc on 14 by the fallen tree in the water by the advanced tee, the third, is my Green Champion Daedalus, this disc is the most important out of all 3 of them. I lost this one on hole one a week or two ago and really need it back. Myself and 2 other people looked for a wh ... more

Matt Dungan   May 21, 2015 at 11:29pm

we will keep our eyes out for you

Jake Copelin   May 21, 2015 at 11:46pm

Thanks I really appreciate it

James Orth    May 21, 2015 at 7:56pm

What time is doubles?

Matt Dungan   May 21, 2015 at 4:12pm

tee off 6

Dave Bussey    May 1, 2015 at 12:20pm

Hey all, I put one right in the middle of the water on #14. It is a Innova Krait F2 (factory second) Blizzard Champion Plastic, Light Blue 139g (so it floats).

Dave Bussey   May 1, 2015 at 4:38pm

Are you going to Lincoln Park this evening for the Doubles event?

Bill Marshall   May 2, 2015 at 3:28am

No. Sorry. I had to work. I will be playing either Medina or Massillon on Sunday. Ill let you know

Bill Marshall   May 3, 2015 at 7:57am

Im at Massillon now. If you can make it down here, it will be in the back of a red Toyota Tacoma. If you cant make it, my number is 330-749-7501

LTD Stoll    April 20, 2015 at 3:08am

Lost a red 12x champ tbird on 9 today under the leaves about 100 ft short of the basket, hope someone finds it!

evan carl    April 19, 2015 at 8:43pm

I lost a white mcpro roc in the water on hole 12 today. The wind had churned the water up pretty good. Couldn't even see where to begin to look. Let me know if any of you spot it.

Scott Campbell    April 16, 2015 at 8:24pm

Say something ...Anyone have any idea what size tee pads portage lakes has? And are the frames available?

Brian Shega   April 16, 2015 at 4:26pm

Not sure on size. But wingfoot may still have frames.

Matt Dungan   April 16, 2015 at 4:47pm

They are 12' long trapezoid, 4' wide in front 6' in back. we gave all the 2x4 form material to Wingfoot when they did their pads. Not sure where they ended up, perhaps Mr. Kovach would know

Jay Kovach   April 17, 2015 at 11:22am

They are at the foot see if Doug can get someone to haul them to your area you are more then welcome to them some boards are different so if a bunch of people are helping they will need measured lol

katie meloy    April 13, 2015 at 3:25pm

Huge shocker for you all, lost an orange champ TL in the water on hole 16, has my name and number. Doubt I'll get it back, but if you see it.. I'd like it back :) Thanks.

Larry Bright Jr.    April 12, 2015 at 1:43pm

registration for the Vibram Birdie Bash at Sims Park on 4/19/13 closes at noon on 4/13/15!! don't miss out!! no extra player packs will be on hand, so make sure you get your spot!!!