Team Utah Disc Golf

Est. 1992 • Anywhere All the time

"Big Wave" Dave    April 6, 2012 at 9:57pm

So I think that I'm setting a CLEAN-UP date for Saturday the 21st and Sunday the 22nd. More than likely we'll do another CLEAN-up day of Saturday the 28th and Sunday the 29th. Her is a list of things to be done: Remove all dead branches on the ground and pile them between 9/3 basket and another pile by 4's tee pad. Pick-up all trash. Stain and Polyureathane all benches. Install 5 new benches. Install 1 new sleeve on 15. Pick-up all dog feces on fairways. Move 15's t ... more

"Big Wave" Dave    April 6, 2012 at 9:45pm

To the best of my knowledge Rich isn't. The only thing Rich was contemplating was pouring Tee pads for 3a, 3b, 5 but that is gonna cost about $400.00 in cement and supplies. I know if he can't get it immediatly done before Creekside Open it's not gonna happen for a couple month (at minimum.

Markus Mika    April 6, 2012 at 3:50pm

Also, don't spread the word on this too much. Making this conversation too public may derail the thing!

Dave Roper    April 6, 2012 at 2:40pm

Go Markus, Go Markus, Go Markus!!!

Markus Mika    April 6, 2012 at 2:34pm

So last night I got a call from Emi a friend of mine, who is the Director of ALL parks in Salt Lake City. She directly reports to Mayor Becker. She wants to meet with me to talk about disc golf and she is "looking for that recreational opportunity in SLC" and wants my recommendations. GREAT NEWS! So if any of you can give me their realistic ideas or opinions about potential parks in the city that lend themselves as places for our beloved sport let me know here or by email at [email redacted]
Thanks for everybody's input.
Markus

Cassidy Houdeshel    April 3, 2012 at 4:12pm

I dont have much it the way of tools, but i'd be happy to help haul those sticks and pick up trash.

Dave Roper    April 3, 2012 at 1:20am

How can I help Big Wave? I hear Rich is leading the Creekside Open cleanup effort.

"Big Wave" Dave    April 2, 2012 at 6:34pm

I have 4 maybe 5 benches to make and install at the park but If I'm not getting any help between benches and park clean-up screw it and I'll do it sometime this year and not be in a rush to get it done before Creekside Open.

"Big Wave" Dave    March 19, 2012 at 5:21pm

We need to set a date to do park clean-up.

Steven Sharp    February 14, 2012 at 4:06pm

Hi to all the lovely disc golf ladies! I received this message the other day and thought I'd post it here: From: Emma Rose Hanley <[email redacted]> Subject: tudg.org contact form: women's disc golf in utah Message Body: Hi! My name is Emma Rose Hanley, PDGA #42227 and I am a part of the newly resurrected PDGA Women's Committee and am currently scouring the NW region looking for women in Utah who would be interested in helping to promote the goals of the committee, ... more

Doug Smith    January 29, 2012 at 4:54pm

2012 SLC Ice Bowl at Fairmont Park
Been doing some counting this morning to see how many $ we raised for the Rescue Mission. Right now we are at $1205.00, Team Utah is adding $100, and I will add $50. For a grand total of $1355.00. If anyone want to add to that total let me know. We also had 250 lb of food. It will be a few days before I take it to the Mission. Thanks for all the help, Thomas Buckner, Brandon Coon, Dave Roper, Rustin Pomeroy, Mike Wills, Justin Jed Kuhnel, and everyone for coming out, It was a good Time!!!

Brandon Merzlock    January 13, 2012 at 12:46am

Just a heads up, there is a winter tournament at Lava Hot Springs on February 4th. Its sponsored by the Hot Springs and the Lava Hot Springs Inn. In your player's pack you get a hot pools pass among other stuff. There will be overnight stays and ski passes and such in the prize pile. Find more info at http://pvdgc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1079

Brent Walton    December 9, 2011 at 4:25pm

Hello!
I am looking for an experienced TD for Disc Golf for Kids' Sake in Salt Lake City. My partner, Steven Sharp, is retiring from TD-ing and I need a new partner! Thanks to Steven for everything he has done for Disc Golf for Kids' Sake and disc golf in the state of Utah! I could have never done it without him! Is there anyone out there that is willing to be a part of "Helping Children One Throw at a Time"? Will this be the end of Disc Golf for Kids's Sake? Please message me if you are interested...

Jon Zollinger    November 10, 2011 at 4:57pm

I will have camping for free, and lowered the price so just come and have fun

Jon Zollinger    November 5, 2011 at 10:01pm

hey everyone come up to the farm for guarenteed good times. course will be open for the next 2 weeks for play, get a hold of me if you want to play. This is going to be lots of fun,don't miss this unique experience.

Altitude Disc Golf    November 5, 2011 at 4:03pm

November 19th Turdisc'n Super Event!!! Come Disc, Dine, and Dip at the One and only Historic Holmgren Farm in Tremonton Utah!!! DGA threw in some amazing prizes valued over $700. Get your share here!! Mini basket trophies and more. Your going to wish you could have this food everyday!! Then a quick jont to the hot springs ALL included!!! More Details Here: http://www.altitudediscgolf.com/servlet/the-648/1st-Annual-Turdisc%27n-Trudition/Detail

Steven Sharp    October 18, 2011 at 1:47am

For all you players who have been hoping for a disc golf course near St. George, Utah, here's some news for you: http://discgolfutah.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=648

Ashley Hall    October 17, 2011 at 5:14pm

We have started a women's club for the state, if any of you ladies are interested in joining up. We would like to be able to get the girls that love this game together playing some rounds.

Brandon Merzlock    September 21, 2011 at 4:50am

I know it seems a ways off, but its not. Huktoberfest is less than a month away and I am starting to freak out. I need help! Here's what I need. Sponsorship. We have money coming out for reserving the fairgrounds, PDGA sanctioning and players fees, special events licensing, players packs, etc.. I need help to cover those costs or the payout's gonna be slim pickin's. If you know of someone who could sponsor the event, ask them! It doesn't have to be cash, gift certif ... more