Mt Pleasant Disc Golf

Est. 2002

Michael Wildner    May 8 at 9:11pm

Got lots of slots left in this event, $500 added cash for Pros, lots of other goodies for Ams, and you get to play the NEW 18 hole course (Little Bigfoot). https://www.discgolfscene.com/tournaments/Marks_Carpet_Cleaning_Open_2016

Craig Clingan    April 21 at 2:27am

I have 2 Vibram Birdie Bash packs up for grabs if anyone wants to play this Saturday. The catch: I can't guarantee which discs you'll get or even the shirt size. The Big Rapids club ordered 6 packs but is only using 4 of them. They get first dibs, but I'm sure the polo will either be a L or an XL and you'll get a driver/mid and a putter/approach, along with a mini, water bottle and a sticker, along with the chance to win other swag. Also, lunch will be provided along with an optional adult bevy, so let me know. First come, first served!! Go.

Sean Riley    April 16 at 3:29pm

Also do we have any information on the Circuit Event at Deerfield? It's on the Circuit page, but can't find anything about it on here.

Les Shaner jr   April 16 at 11:43am

I lost a few is it red or black

Les Shaner jr   April 16 at 11:44am

The 17 of july

Craig Clingan   April 17 at 8:23am

It will be on DGS real soon

Sean Riley    April 16 at 3:27pm

Found a disc on WW #14 yesterday, if you or anyone you know lost one there comment with what it was so I can try to get it back to its owner!

Les Shaner jr   April 16 at 11:47am

Was it an mvp

Craig Clingan    January 25 at 11:56pm

Lost the #3 Bag Tag tonight somewhere on Deerfield longs. I backtracked the whole course but couldn't come up with it. Would love to get it back before I become too attached to #30! :) Thanks.

Craig Clingan   January 26 at 11:50pm

Nickels should be round, not square. Sheesh.

Simon Porritt   January 27 at 6:46pm

Aw, Nauts!, this is just like that other busted transaction i made some years ago, "Magic Beans!" he claimed, well, let me tell ya something....

Craig Clingan   January 27 at 10:47pm

Then you realized you weren't a very good tree climber.

Eric Guimond    July 27, 2015 at 4:41am

We are trying to get a course in Clare Michigan. The land is owned by Clare Public Schools 90 acres. There will be a presentation to the school board in the near future and we are trying to show interest in the area for a new course. (The only course in Clare County.) if you can, please take the time to find Clare County Disc Golf Club on Facebook, and like the page, we will be using the page in our presentation to the school board. So please feel free to post a comment promoting the sport as we ... more

Michael Wildner   July 27, 2015 at 11:31am

Very cool, I'd like to help as well, if you need a designer that's what I love doing the most but also on behalf of Wild Haven I would be willing to donate $ and/or my services to help get it in the ground.

Eric Guimond   July 27, 2015 at 4:25pm

Thanks guys, I will definitley keep you in mind and appreciate the offers to help. We are still in the infancy stages of the project, our first goal is to establish a following. Next would be cost allocation, then proposal, fundraising, then building. We appreciate any and all support!

Les Shaner jr   July 28, 2015 at 11:06am

I don't live far from there and I'm down

Ryan Klootwyk    July 15, 2015 at 1:58pm

Hello all,

To any current CMU students....I am starting a CMU Disc Golf Club Team and am looking for interested players! It will be a registered student organization and I would like to create a fun and competitive landscape for all. Hopefully we can make this group become on par with the already established universities in the sport including Western Mich., Michigan State, and 2015 National Champions Ferris State. I know there is a lot of talent in the state and I want to put that on display for our Chippewas. Feel free to message me if interested, all are welcome.

Dylan Elizondo   July 15, 2015 at 5:15pm

Let's do it! I'm down

Ryan Klootwyk   July 16, 2015 at 8:04am

Sweet! Send me your cmich email and I'll keep you updated

Terry Grost    June 1, 2015 at 10:55pm

I would to thank Mr. Craig Clingan for his continued support of Special Olympics Michigan & Disc Golf. He singled-handedly took on both mornings with the disc golf demonstration! Helping others experience the love of disc golf is what it's all about. Thanks again Craig!

Matt Rinker   June 1, 2015 at 11:01pm

Stand up guy... but a bigger thanks goes to Terry and Beth,,, Thanks for letting us be a part of it all!

Craig Clingan   June 14, 2015 at 10:52am

It was a lot of fun, Terry! Thanks for all you do for SOMI and hopefully your dream of Disc Golf as a sport will happen...

Eric Nartker    May 31, 2015 at 8:51pm

Hey guys! I seem to have lost Simon's umbrella from Tuesday night dubs, did anybody happen upon it? It's a Totes umbrella

Steve Swart    May 27, 2015 at 3:30pm

I put one beautiful tie-died TERN disc into each major body of water on Saturday.

Simon Porritt   May 27, 2015 at 12:11pm

Stop that.

Les Shaner jr   May 30, 2015 at 6:00pm

Where at

Terry Grost    May 1, 2015 at 1:03am

If anyone is interested in helping introduce disc golf to Special Olympics Michigan please let me know. At the State Summer Games on May 29th and 30th I will be doing a demonstration and will need some help. The demo takes place as part of the special events which are activities for the athletes when they aren't competing. The time Friday is 8:30am-5:00pm and Saturday from 8:30am-3:30pm. It's at CMU in Mt. Pleasant, any time you could help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Joe Date   April 30, 2015 at 9:58pm

I would love to. feel free to text or call... 9899487010

Les Shaner jr   May 2, 2015 at 5:49pm

I'm in I live right in town too 9899543751

Terry Grost   May 5, 2015 at 4:23pm

This sounds good! I'm traveling right now but will call you later this week.

Craig Clingan    January 6, 2015 at 7:41pm

No GLOW tonight (1/6/15)! Meet us at Finch Fieldhouse on the campus of CMU at 7pm for some fun Safari Golf/Putting Practice. It's much warmer. See you there!

Sean Riley    December 2, 2014 at 5:20pm

Not sure if any of you are Reddit users, but /r/discgolf just came out with bagtags for 2015! pretty cheap ($5). Just wanted to post so I'm not the only one that has one in the area.

Craig Clingan   December 2, 2014 at 3:13pm

Do you know what number you're going to get? We usually get our own as a club so there's always a #1 around to try and get. Typically ours sell for about $10 and any profit goes back to the club.

Simon Porritt    October 1, 2014 at 4:40am

Saturday Doubles will be happening this weekend, Oct 4th, though we are having our Annual Ace Race starting at 10am, prizes and lunch will follow the Ace Race conclusion, and then we will be starting our usual doubles, only later. If you're not in the ace race and can text with someone there, that will help you come to the park at an appropriate time. KEEP EM' FLYIN' PEOPLE!! :D

Michael Wildner    September 30, 2014 at 12:52am

Just wanted to post the final list of the Golden Ticket winners for the M&M Series Finals, this Saturday Oct 4th at Wild Haven DGR, Manton. Some of these were awarded to participants in the Mt. Pleasant Open this year...so if you didn't get in the Ace Race, please consider this event! To see what a Golden Ticket gets you, please check out the event page on DGS: http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournaments/M_and_M_Series_Finals_2014 Keith Aten Amy Bedau Chad Beehler Geoff Bennet Mark Bo ... more

Simon Porritt    September 11, 2014 at 1:12am

Mt. Pleasant ACE RACE registration will close on the evening of Wed, Sept 17th to ensure the packs arrive on time, be sure to register by leaving me a message in the comments section on the tourney page before that if you want to join us in the EPICness of it all! - tourney tab, oct 4th, Mount Pleasant ACE RACE!

Bryan Murphy    July 21, 2014 at 1:08am

***lost a day glo yellow west side tursus (midrange) in the thick stuff on the right side of wild wood #14 past the first protruding bush along the right side of the fairway . Reward if found

John "NACHO" Norkowski    July 1, 2014 at 4:43pm

PDGA BALLOT NEWS
A good friend of our club, Mark Stephens is running for PDGA State Coordinator as a write in. Ballots come out today and should be in your email. We encourage you to consider a write in for Mark Stephens. He formerly helped run Flint Town Flyers, currently runs Black Ace DG, is Asst TD for DGLO and USADGC, has been td of a tiers and supertour events and many may tournaments. He is an mdgo board member. Mark is knowledgeable, fair, honest and more than capable to help grow the sport in our state. Please.consider writing in Mark Stephens as Michigan State Coordinator.

Joe Date    June 23, 2014 at 10:35pm

I am interested in possibly building a full sized course 18 to 24 holes on 70 acres of property in Sanford. The salt River runs through some densely wooded land, there is elevation and plenty of space I'd like someone with experience planning and designing courses. Contact me on by text if interested 9899487010

Terry Grost    June 2, 2014 at 2:51am

I would like to thank Caine Wiechmann and Craig Clingan for coming out to the MIchigan Special Olympics State Summer Games on Friday May 30th! They battled the brutal heat and relentless sunshine for hours to help me introduce disc golf to Special Olympics MI (SOMI). By generating interest through the athletes and coaches I would love to see SOMI add this awesome sport to their offerings. We showed lots of people how to putt and we even threw some discs over one of the ponds to demonstrate lo ... more