Local 101 Disc Golf Players Union

Est. 2006 • Growing More Courses for Players by Players

peter kunoff    January 17, 2012 at 7:42pm

remind me to bore you with my theory on why most bands suck after their debut album the next time we throw.....

Scott White    January 17, 2012 at 2:38am

David Byrne performing only Talking Heads songs produced by Eno. That was pretty good. The show put on could rival anything the Talking Heads would do, although what do I know, I wasn't even born when Remain in Light came out.

Pavement reunion last year was special. No albums though (and thankfully so).

I wouldn't compare Local 101's tournaments to any of those great artists.

I think our tournaments (like our scores) get better with age though, so *hi five*. :: ... more

peter kunoff    January 16, 2012 at 8:00pm

phish, portishead, king crimson....that is the best anyone can come up with?!?

Joe Anttila    January 16, 2012 at 1:58am

I didnt mean 'on hiatus'. Damn spell check. I meant 'in Hades'. Haha.

I went to some Phish reunion tour. Sound like more drama in the Van Halen reunion thing...

peter kunoff    January 15, 2012 at 6:32pm

hmmm, wives and kids keeping ya from disc....somewhat familiar with that scenario.

Also, on a side note: Name me one band that went on "hiatus" and returned stronger than before? I can't come up with one, usually they return for a money grab of a tour, a weak, fat, old version of their former prime. I offer the return of Van Halen as the latest example.

Joe Anttila    January 14, 2012 at 6:35pm

The problem is all these guys have wives and babies, Peter. The 101 is in hiatus like a quality rock band.

peter kunoff    January 14, 2012 at 1:18am

no loco this year? is 101 running any tourneys in 2012?

Scott White    December 22, 2011 at 11:38pm

Sometime in February.. Date will be announced soon..

Ben Ciccarelli    December 22, 2011 at 10:04pm

yo when is the chili cook off?

Ryan Koeppen    December 9, 2011 at 8:54am

Appreciate the response. I didn't think they were very old but I thought the stamp was pretty cool and picked em up.

Thanks.

g lane    December 8, 2011 at 6:27pm

i have bb aviars from the spring before last with that 101 stamp. purportedly it was limited edition one time pressing. i think that part was a scam. the aviars might have only been orange and yellow though. either way dont listen to fortch. he would have no idea.

Mike Fortunato    December 8, 2011 at 3:54am

That looks like a challenger from our last order. Only a few months old.

Ryan Koeppen    December 2, 2011 at 9:15am

I recently picked up a pair of these. Just curious about how old they were. Someone told me they thought it was one of the first 101 stamps since its not tourny related.

Thanks.

Joe Anttila    October 25, 2011 at 11:30pm

What time did the league tee last Saturday? What time will it be this Saturday? Thanks.

Joe Anttila    October 25, 2011 at 10:19pm

This MML, William.

g lane    October 25, 2011 at 9:38pm

lets discuss via email.

[email redacted]

Joe Wander    October 25, 2011 at 6:36pm

"And now I get to kick all your asses with whatever partner I get.....;)"

Careful there, Brooke. Don't sell my ability to ruin any partnership short or I'll have to show up and prove you wrong.

Mike "Papa Par" Even    October 25, 2011 at 5:59pm

Those pesky pirates will be cleaning up Waterworks Sunday @ 10am, and then we be playin'. Set sail if ye be feelin' frisky....CHAAAAAAA!!!!

Scott White    October 25, 2011 at 5:23pm

Agreed Brooke, that is the great thing about leagues and the lower stakes more casual environment is a great way to introduce newer/less skilled players to competitive golf and the etiquette that goes along with that. If you get upset about $5 lost at a doubles league then you are probably in it for the wrong reasons.. I treat it as a bonus when I walk away with some cash.

That said, Local 101 Saturday doubles does cater to the more experienced player just due to the regular group (and th ... more

Brooke Plantz    October 25, 2011 at 5:04pm

I disagree completely with that comment. Doubles leagues are the perfect environment to promote our sport to less skilled players. My first experience playing competitive disc golf was at the Kensington league. I had never played for money before. My partner that day was Gale Vaughn. Needless to say we had a blast and that inspired me to play more organized golf.

And now I get to kick all your asses with whatever partner I get.....;)