K'Aces Disc Golf

Est. 1995

Rusty Gorter    April 10, 2013 at 11:08pm

Happy Birthday Larry! Thanks for all you do for the sport we all love.

Larry LaBond   April 10, 2013 at 10:07pm

Thank you Rusty.

Kirk Haggadone   April 11, 2013 at 1:17am

yea Happy Happy

Fred Vocino    April 7, 2013 at 5:08am

This question occurs here, as I figured that the league associated with the Angry Squirrel might be a good place to ask. How come we are less than a week before the close of registration and I see 10 regs for Sat and 2 for Sun,? I plan to get a practice in on 4/7; but, it may be 2 long trips for a tourney that may not have a showing or my preferred MG1 division. Is there no other nearby league that otherwise notices that this is the only tournament being held at Victory Park in the 2013 season?

Larry LaBond   April 7, 2013 at 2:11pm

Keep in mind that it is the same weekend as Bowling Green Ams, which is one of the biggest Am events. Also Victory Park is kind of intimidating to a lot of players, because of the water hazzards. I know that at least one of my usual Grand Ams is going to Bowling Green.

Fred Vocino   April 8, 2013 at 12:18am

I get it. I played today and enjoyed it, even though the 20-30 wind made some of the water holes too risky. There were 5 or six players and many squirrels (one got justifiably angry at me). It may be used less than I might expect for a city park due to the skill level required. i looked at the Bow ... more

Rick Saffeels    March 30, 2013 at 4:10am

Has anyone heard from Kevin Swanson? He has a disc that he never gave me in the Trading post. I traded two discs for a awesome disc, and I haven't heard from him since January. Please message me if you have played with him recently to pas on the message. He will not respond any of my texts, calls, or messages. Thanks

Larry LaBond    March 20, 2013 at 12:26am

Summer Leagues start with Cold Brook Park on Thursday April 4th!! Then the first ever league night at ViRA Monday April 8th. Oshtemo League is Tuesday the 9th!! Save money on dues and find a sponsor!! If you have one, LMK. Need more details, LMK.

Larry LaBond    March 1, 2013 at 12:13am

Amateurs that pre-register for the Lumberjack Open will get a second disc in their player's package!! Also, Free lunch!!

Larry LaBond    February 12, 2013 at 2:01pm

Amateurs, pre-register for the Cracked Plastic Classic and get a second disc in you player's package!!

Corey Nufer    December 19, 2012 at 12:35pm

Vibram Birdie Bash at Knollwood!!!!

Follow the link to check it out, the tournament is on May 11th, it costs $25 and you get two discs and a t-shirt just for playing! The grand prizes are definitely worth checking out, one of them is a spot on the Vibram Tester Team!

Corey Nufer    December 17, 2012 at 3:11pm

Hey everyone! We here at Knollwood are trying to raise money for merchandise to sell for our cleanup and improvement efforts. Follow the link at the bottom of this message for a full description, a short video presentation, and the opportunity to either donate, or share my message with others.

I have just heard that the director of the City of Kalamazoo Parks department has resigned, so we have a new opportunity to truly change the image of Knollwood.

igg.me/p/298149/x/1264405

Corey Nufer    November 23, 2012 at 3:15pm

Help us out! Hey everyone, I have just created a new club for the Knollwood park cleanup effort that can be found here: https://www.discgolfscene.com/clubs/Clean_Knollwood_FOR_GOOD/

If you are interested in putting in work to make Knollwood a beautiful place and contributing some real work, please contact us and join our new club. Knollwood needs your help!

Dustin Humphrey    September 10, 2012 at 5:01pm

Thank you Larry and the K'Aces for the great tournament at Hammond Hills!! What a great time!!!

Corey Nufer    September 10, 2012 at 2:58pm

Check out the 2012 Knollwood Grand Prix, the best of the rest face off in a match play, single elimination tournament. The last three standing get cash, everybody gets some swag for entering, and players are encouraged to stick around and watch the exciting final round!

Wade TF    August 21, 2012 at 5:51pm

Dont forget you dont need a berth to play in a b tier.

Keith Aten    August 21, 2012 at 2:53pm

Dont forget Aug 24 is the deadline to register for the State Championship. After that date your berth will no longer be honored. Remind your friends.

Register here

Nathan Stover    May 10, 2012 at 1:15pm

Nice. Looks like this is the league I will be joining.

Chris"teerex" Davis    May 10, 2012 at 3:10am

....? Well i like larry and the way he does business. See you thursday and saturday in albion.

Larry LaBond    May 10, 2012 at 2:47am

Nathan- The K'Aces leagues are Tuesdays at Oshtemo and Thursdays at Cold Brook. It is a singles league and you play against your average, so you are not competing head to head against good players. Tons of prizes each week, ace pool, and lots of fun. The two biggest leagues in town for a reason.

Nathan Stover    May 8, 2012 at 4:07pm

So, I am pretty new to the "serious" disc golfing scene. I am trying to look into joining a league. I am definitely an amateur but I am wondering if someone could help me with this. Thanks!

Mark The Truth Stubbs    May 7, 2012 at 3:56pm

Lost purple aviator prescription sunglasses in a black hard case last Thursday. A new disc reward for their safe return. Thanks

Corey Nufer    April 25, 2012 at 3:12pm

Don't worry about fools like Fred, Larry, Those of us whom know and love all of the work you have done for the sport still respect and appreciate what you do for all of the people of Southwest Michigan.And to Fred, I've met plenty of people from Albion that have no complaints, apparently, someone like you is only happy when trying to make others miserable. Like Larry said, if you had such a problem with prices, you could have walked away, this is a free society where you have a choice ... more

Kirk Haggadone    April 22, 2012 at 7:14pm

Fred take it easy dude its a game we play for fun and money Larry Labond is the person who put in the Albion course in. I say Thank You Larry for all you do for our sport!!!!!