Cardinal Trails Disc Golf Club

Est. 2018 • “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -Dr Seuss…. Making the game fun for all skill levels. We often hear “they need to clean this up” or “they need to add signage and pads”…well…we are all “they”

Sign in or Sign up to contribute to this discussion.

Jeff Dunn CTDG    Sticky April 25 at 7:40am

With the money raised in the Hardcore Open at Buell Lake, it will go towards tee signs for the short layout. Short layout will be added to holes 1,6,7,8,9,12,16,17,18. All 3 par 4s will stay par 4s for a par 57 total

Jeff Dunn CTDG    Sticky October 10 at 4:26pm

Big things being done at Buell Lake Disc Golf Course. The entire course was mowed today, no tall grass in sight! Pending the weather, the remaining 9 pads are being poured this week. Basket 15 will be moving soon. The first tournament is scheduled for April 14th 2024!

Jeff Dunn CTDG    Sticky February 8, 2023 at 10:07pm

Positive News:
There is a proposed disc golf course coming to Buell Lake Park on Genesee road. Thetford township and Genesee County Parks have partnered together to put in 18 holes on the south side of the park. Hopefully this will be done in the next year or two!!!

Jeff Dunn CTDG   February 8, 2023 at 10:11pm

Will be the first disc golf course in Clio!! And less than 1 mile from my house!!!!

Jeff Dunn CTDG    Sticky March 1, 2022 at 1:07pm

Other than finishing up my home course, we have big plans for some of the local courses, mostly Latham Park. I’m starting this spring with marking short dirt pads, to make it a little more beginner friendly layout also. Most of the upcoming work this spring will consist of trimming and cleanup. If I had my way, I would flip #18 around and make it hole #3. To eliminate the long walk from 2 to 3.

Josh Russell   March 1, 2022 at 1:36pm

Yes. Yes. Yes! Just do it! I've got a balloon wheeled wagon that hauls cement wrapped baskets nicely by hand. Any help needed with the work, let know. Glad to help.

Jeff Dunn CTDG    July 3 at 8:19am

Buell Lake Cleanup day #3 July 29th. This course will be top notch, when it’s all said and done. A lot of work has been put in, and much more work is still needed, but I can’t wait to see how it turns out. What a beautiful property we were blessed with! Thank you Genesee County Parks and Thetford Township!

We use cookies to improve user experience.