Charlotte Disc Golf Association

Est. 2008

Mike Kemp    October 11, 2011 at 6:17am

Received our shipment Friday for Lincoln Logs : Lots of goodies Fly Dye Nuke's and Buzzz SS's, CryZtal Z Challengers and Buzzz's. Hope to see you all on Sunday

Jason Lord    September 26, 2011 at 11:51pm

Last reminder, we will be meeting tonight at the city hall!

111 E Lawrence Ave # C
Charlotte, MI 48813-1573

Please wear your cdga apparel, after the presentation we will be heading over to Riedy's for grub, sponsored by CDGA. Meet in the parking log behind city hall at 6:45 p.m. with an empty belly and a smile on your face.

Leslie Charles    September 25, 2011 at 11:57pm

Just can't resist letting my Charlotte disc golf buds know that I'm speaking in town on Tuesday Sept. 27. (See the post from yesterday on my Facebook page tagged by Connie Sweet). 6 - 8 PM at the Senior Center (it's free!). My topic is entrepreneurship and Iw ill also facilitate a panel with two MI brewery executives. Free microbrew samples, too.

Jason Lord    September 24, 2011 at 10:31pm

remember meeting Monday night 6:45 behind city hall. wear your cdga shirts and bring you appetite.

Jason Lord    September 21, 2011 at 7:48pm

All disc golfers that attend the meeting with us will be rewarded with
a Pizza and Pasta dinner at Reidy's after our presentation at the
meeting. We will be asking the city to devote more resources to
maintanence (mowing/clearing) the back portion of the Lincoln Park
Disc Golf Course, and to ask permission for them to allow us to perfom
some of the work to save them some $$. All we ask of you is that you
show up with us to show your support for our efforts - we'll do all
the tal ... more

Jason Lord    September 16, 2011 at 3:07pm

Wanted: Disc Golf Players to attend the Charlotte city council meeting Monday September 26th. Reward: Free pizza and pasta @ Riedy's Pizza right after CDGA presentation.

Chris Smith    September 10, 2011 at 6:45am

I can't believe that I am jumping in the middle of this but here goes...

As a guy that used to run a different league as a volunteer I do know that there are three main struggles in a volunteer organization. In no particular order they are communication, volunteerism, and delegation.

When you are running the show, you at least have an idea of everything that is going on. You tend to assume that other people have this same level of knowledge. Unfortunately, it takes a lot of effort ... more

Patrick Fulkerson    September 9, 2011 at 10:20pm

Since you dont know me, I'll let the Pat thing go, for the future I request as humbly as I can please use Patrick.
I am not a board member, I also hardly play. I show up to assist because no one else was available. I apologize if I do not seem friendly I show up do whats asked and leave.

As far as meetings, Have you taken the inititive to ask when the next meeting is? I know Jim showed up to the last meeting with some great ideas. Also your concerns are exactly what needs to b ... more

larry j    September 9, 2011 at 9:08pm

well pat i dont agree as a new member i have been told nothing. i dont even know when these meeting are taking place. i know nothing pat. as a member i should be told these things. Im adult along with others that are part of this association and i feel that im left in the dark about stuff. I feel that things are not told to members. people shouldnt have the power 2 elected themselves beacuse they think its ok. this issues could have been put to a vote or talked about at a meeting . plus i also ... more

Patrick Fulkerson    September 9, 2011 at 6:57pm

I am baffled by your approach/attitude larry. You make it sound sound like these guys are not doing a good job. Frankly they got the job last year as they are the only ones trying to better the club anyway even as just members they helped out, did stuff to improve the club because they wanted it to improve. From what i can see they are still the only ones doing stuff for the club to better it. Getting sponsers, showing up hours early to set up for tournaments, mowing some the course with push mo ... more

larry j    September 8, 2011 at 6:21pm

wht really wht. do we live in cuba. honestly this is bs and wht no one else matters. well this really sucks shame on those people for doing that. so my thoughts dont matter nor do those of others. honestly why would this happen are these people worried that others cant do the job. this makes me sick.

Jacob Hanley    September 8, 2011 at 5:22pm

@larry there wont be any nominations for board members this year...they "self elected" themselves for another year

larry j    September 8, 2011 at 3:59pm

when are the upcoming year nominations being held havent heard anything about them since the middle of the season

Keith Aten    September 7, 2011 at 6:00pm

ATTENTION ALL DISC GOLFERS

This weekend at states Jeffrey H Schwass had his golf bag stolen frm his home.
We will be posting the contents and we what your help in finding the low life that took this. All discs have his name on them.

Also a basket was stolen aprox the same time from his yard.

Patrick Fulkerson    August 7, 2011 at 12:11am

Who has a Leopard, or a shark in their active bag? Exactly.. not very many. So yes your right chris the box comes with discs generally un-used by the average player.. It does have an Aviar though.. =P

Ken Long    August 6, 2011 at 10:55pm

Chris... starter set is just three discs in a box. Driver mid and putter. Hope this helps.

Chris Smith    August 6, 2011 at 8:06pm

Thanks to Ken and Patrick. This is tough for me because I throw mostly found discs. If I pick one up without a name I throw it for a while and see if I like it. If I do then I leave it in my bag.

@Patrick, I'll be sure to throw a comet in his starter pack.

@Ken, I know it's dumb but I always think of the starter packs as being full of discs that they can't get rid of individually.

Ken Long    August 6, 2011 at 4:56pm

To Chris Smith. Why don't you buy a starter set for the senior. Like at Dunhams. Let him get used to those and then he can take the reins from there. Just a thought.
K.

Patrick Fulkerson    August 6, 2011 at 6:19am

I have helped a lot of people start up. I always make my choices based on how they throw. On average you can never go wrong with a Comet its a straight shooter, and shows you their throwing style naturally. If they are hyzering a lot I then recommend moving to stratus / glide / Meteor.

If they are anhyzering a bit, then move them over to a Rock / Buzz / Orc.

They beauty of disc golf is the many disc and styles of throw. So that's the best I can offer with out witnessing the shooter myself.

Chris Smith    August 6, 2011 at 5:45am

Let's say you were going to pick up three new discs for a friend that has just started playing. He is of retirement age, currently a ball golfer being converted, has only thrown a borrowed archangel and an avair so far, and currently drives equally forehand and backhand (his max distance is currently and respectably just past the big tree on 8). What discs, weights, and plastics would you pick up for his starter set?

If this is not an appropriate topic for this group I can always move it to my wall. Just let me know.

Thanks in advance.