Alaska Disc Golf Association

Est. 2003 • Conservation and Community through Competition

Toni Osiecki    December 22, 2015 at 9:24pm

An electronic was sent to current members with an email address on file. If you are a current member who wants to vote and you did not receive a ballot, PM me here and share your preferred email. Don't be confused about my role, I'm not an active member of the board, just helping with elections. It seems there may be a secretary for 2016. Way to rally ADGA!!

Toni Osiecki   December 23, 2015 at 12:35am

I'm not sure, that nomination was not verified by me. I should have included a write in. It was a name nominated in a comment here on DGS by Thad M. I looked for the comment to make sure the the spelling before sending it out but now I can't find it. Any other comments please, Thad or other?

Toni Osiecki   December 23, 2015 at 12:38am

found it, this person was nominated on Dec 14 in the comments on the news posting after the meeting that day.

Thad Murgatroyd   December 23, 2015 at 8:55pm

Timari Mitchell is Ken Mitchell wife . Ken is a disc golfer and works at PIAS. Timari brought their daughter Alex to every discgolf camp we held and seemed interested in disc golf . I thought she would be good for the position as she is smart and has the skills the secretary needs . I felt bringing ... more

josh stewart    November 26, 2015 at 7:32pm

Say something ... Hi guys, number changed. Updated on profile. With the insanity at work and my son on the way in February I haven't had much time. Plus Carolina being undefeated kinda has had my "free time" spoken for. Miss ya guysgals hope to play some wcl and service winter layout w you all soon

Louie Orozco    November 21, 2015 at 7:23am

Hi friends! I've been gone for 5 weeks now! Time has been movin' since I left. I don't plan on doing this regularly but I thought I'd check in. I'm finally 100% settled in. Meaning I'm ready to host!

Last week was the 1st of 5 tournaments for me before the end of the year. Speaking of last week, I had an unfortunate 1st. I met a guy in the parking lot. Cool cat, friendly. I was standing there waiting to hear my name called for my hole assignment when h ... more

Louie Orozco   November 25, 2015 at 3:01pm

Haha! No news is good news they say. Keep up the good work!

Aaron M   November 25, 2015 at 7:17pm

Where are you at these days??

Louie Orozco   November 25, 2015 at 9:30pm

Oh, damn! I forgot you're around these parts too! I'm in Puyallup. How about you?

Joel Cook    November 5, 2015 at 9:19am

Hi, I was just thinking about a favorite disc I lost back in June while on vacation and decided to check with some of the players that play Girdwood DGC regularly to see if maybe any news on it. It is a red Innova Star disc with a Hunger Games Jaybird dyed on it, on #14 hole where you throw across the driveway, on the Tee side of the driveway. I don't remember for sure what it was......T bird or valkyrie maybe ??? I would love to get it back if you hear of anyone finding it. I would give a reward and pay the shipping. Hope to hear about it, Joel Ph.(269)694-6207 PDGA# 66309

Greg Rouse    September 14, 2015 at 5:24am

OMFG JORDAN WON

Jeremy Boyd   September 14, 2015 at 1:40am

that's awesome!

Thad Gunther   September 14, 2015 at 2:57pm

You can now leave the state......and take that big ass trophy with you! way to go Jordan

Thad Gunther    September 6, 2015 at 1:47am

Are there any more sanctioned tourneys besides Girdwood this year? Thanks

Thad Murgatroyd   September 7, 2015 at 3:40pm

I believe Adam Klein is running the Season Finale on the 1st weekend of Oct

Jeremy Boyd   September 7, 2015 at 3:52pm

Skyview Eagle and Termination Dust Bowl as well...

Edan Badajos   September 8, 2015 at 4:24pm

click on the "Tournaments" tab, they are posted!

Thad Murgatroyd    September 5, 2015 at 4:49am

For those staying in town this weekend Mike Pero has a Sanctioned League on Sunday with a 11 tee off at Hilltop on the Red Course . These are full point rated rounds for 8 bucks with 4 going to payouts by Division . The new Hole 5 will be in play as well as the new OB on hole 10 . Hope to see you there

Adam Klein   September 5, 2015 at 3:35pm

I will be there, looking forward to playing to new hole 5. Hopefully we will have enough playuhz to propagate the hole.

Tom Voight   September 5, 2015 at 11:14pm

I'll be there

Greg Rouse    September 4, 2015 at 11:56am

PC DUBS! So, this next Thursday I will be running a BYOP dubs at PC. Last of the season! Please post up your teams in the comments. I'll be kicking back some good swag to the ADGA since this PC is technically Anchorage and the ADGA has been so generous to us. Stipulations- I will start taking money at 6:00 and will bring it in at 6:30 due to diminishing daylight. Please be prompt! I love you guys but I can't ruin the last few holes for everyone because of someone's tardiness (thin ... more

Thad Murgatroyd    September 3, 2015 at 11:16pm

The new Hole 5 is in and playable . It's 287 in length and elevates 10 to 15 ft . The hole is in the woods between 4 and the old 5 . The moving of 5 changes the OB on Hole 10 . The OB ends 2 lift towers from 10's basket with a line from the tower to a flag at the center of the edge of the woods ( I will paint a line Saturday ) so any disc past the 5th lift tower ( including the short one next to the tee ) and left of the angled ob line is now safe . I hope you enjoy the first of several changes we are working on .

Shay Stewart    September 2, 2015 at 5:19pm

How come my rating didn't change it still says 800 as of July 2015????

Dominic Plasencia   September 7, 2015 at 3:02pm

if your rating doesn't change the date stays the same. I didn't have any rated rounds for the July update so my rating kept the date of the previous update until this latest update.

Shay Stewart   September 9, 2015 at 12:19pm

Good to know! Thanks, Dom. You're enlightening me left and right. Hahaha

Dominic Plasencia   September 9, 2015 at 6:37pm

lol

Greg Rouse    August 28, 2015 at 7:29am

Hope you all can make the Mat-Su Open. On another note- we will be doing PC again for league in 2 weeks (September 10th.) It will be bring your own partner AGAIN!!! Be there by 6:45 so we can kick it off at 7:00. It seemed to be a big hit last time. Hole assignments made by order of sign up. See you there!

John Roe   August 30, 2015 at 5:42pm

Wish I could make it down to the valley

Greg Rouse    August 27, 2015 at 11:14pm

Update- MSO will not be played on a mishmash of random practice baskets like last year. We will be using a set of matching tournament grade baskets courtesy of Andrew E.

Matt E    August 27, 2015 at 10:07pm

Hey All! I'm coming up to the Anchorage / Palmer area tomorrow and will be in town until the 4th of September. Looking for someone to meet up with to play Kincaid, Hilltop, and Peter's Creek with...ideally sometime next week (Monday or Tuesday). I will not have cell phone reception (Sprint) but will have email / Skype access. If anyone is game to show me around, hit me up at [email redacted] . Cheers!

Louie Orozco   August 27, 2015 at 9:03pm

Hi Matt. I sent you a private message.

Gabe Kutcher    August 21, 2015 at 8:26pm

I am missing a couple of my MVP Volts (Pink) is at Kincad #16 short and right side or (White, Golf is Dead stamp) Hilltop in the area being cleared by the bear den. I would greatly appreciate seeing them again (Pink has had multiple aces from Juneau, an it's just a favorite)

Som Bouasri    July 10, 2015 at 7:10pm

I am looking for a star boss to buy or trade for. 175g or around there.

Jake Haskin   July 10, 2015 at 6:32pm

sounds good! ill bring it

tim kosednar   July 15, 2015 at 1:38am

Hey Sam, good work on the clinic at Hanshew. I won't be there Wed but I will get the discs back later on. Timk

Som Bouasri   July 15, 2015 at 12:21pm

No problem. Maybe I can run the discs by to where ever you are before I go to leagues?

Louie Orozco   July 9, 2015 at 2:59pm

Dope! Thanks for sharing!

Thad Gunther   July 10, 2015 at 4:41am

check out smashbox podcast episode 43! what!

Thad Murgatroyd    July 9, 2015 at 12:55am

change of date for final saturday sanctioned league
Due to schedule conflict with sanctioned tournament, I have made a change of date for the final Saturday sanctioned league. The final league date will be Sunday 7/12/15. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause anyone. Thanks for everyone's support in my 1st venture in running a sanctioned league. Will post date change again as get closer to final league. Good luck to all participating in King of the Hill tournament. Oh, and forget your last hole and move on to the one you are throwing. Have fun and enjoy your rounds.

Tre Jones    July 8, 2015 at 8:13pm

Are you ready for the Rally? It's here!

This weekend come out and join us at Alcantra DGC for the valleys wildest tournament yet. $40 general entry with cash payout for Open players and prizes for the other divisions.

This will be an all day event with multiple disc golf games and entertainment. This tournament is geared towards adults 21 and over as some events take place at adult establishments.

Players pack for all entries with commemorative disc and other "special" goodies.

Jake Haskin    June 28, 2015 at 8:18am

If any of yall see someone playin anywhere with my green gorilla boy simian bag or and of my discs will you please be as forceful as possible in retrieving them for me?

Andrew E   June 28, 2015 at 4:07pm

i got a **** to of discs as well that ur more then welcome to check out.

Andrew E   June 29, 2015 at 2:56am

i got a 2 money star destroyers. just let me know.

josh stewart   June 29, 2015 at 12:25pm

it'll be hard to remove your mark from those discs. i'd recognize the JH from across the course. Sorry to hear this happened buddy. which Fred's?

Tre Jones    June 15, 2015 at 5:56am

Anyone wanting to come out and play on June 29th for the Trilogy Challenge the MSDGA has purchased 25 packs and we still have plenty of spots open. Don't miss out on the $65+ worth of discs and swag and one hell of a good time for only $35. You can show up the day of and play but we would really appreciate everyone pre registering, you only have to pre pay to be guaranteed a spot.

To register you can just leave a "I'm in" comment in the tournament page here on discgolfsce ... more

Tre Jones   June 21, 2015 at 2:14pm

this was yesterday June 20th

Gabe Kutcher   June 22, 2015 at 8:00pm

I would of if I had the correct date of well.

Tre Jones   June 22, 2015 at 11:53pm

I apologize, unfortunately disc golf scene doesn't allow you to edit it. I did post a correct date just moments after here if you look above. as well as the correct date was on the tournament section. I will say if you want a players pack we still have some available.