Alaska Disc Golf Association

Est. 2003 • Conservation and Community through Competition

John Lorentzen    June 16, 2011 at 3:44am

Peter
I challenge you to play the course. If you don't like it, I will personally pay your money back. I'd be willing to bet that you like it so much, that you'll buy a season pass. Peter, disc golf is growing rapidly statewide. The Hilltop course is a partnership between an established business in Anchorage (Hilltop Ski Area) and the ADGA to grow the sport. Now you can continue firing insults, criticisms and mockery at the courses, me or whoever. Not accomplishing nothing!!!! Or ... more

AK Discer    June 16, 2011 at 3:05am

Peter, you're paying for the green fee of Hilltop AND the fee for doubles. These prices are different for non-ADGA members, so if you become a member then it is cheaper for you.

Peter Shiver    June 16, 2011 at 2:00am

I'm confused, we're having doubles at a place we have to pay again instead of playing for free somewhere else?

Fairbanks sounds fun, but I doubt I'll be able to make that trip. Plus I have a grand opening of a course to go to this weekend.

John Lorentzen    June 16, 2011 at 1:29am

Peter, it's normal Wednesday night doubles, but played at hilltop. They charge $5 or $4 for members. Hope to see you there!

John Lorentzen    June 16, 2011 at 1:24am

Don't forget! The very first disc golf tourney in Fairbanks is this saturday at 4pm. They have put a tremendous amount of effort and money into this event! There will be golf All night, custom discs, food, putting and driving competitions, major prizes, and a huge players party at one of their sponsors establishments! This is a fund raiser event for a new disc golf club in Alaska. So let's show our support! Fairbanks has two great 18 hole couses (with one more in planning). ... more

Peter Shiver    June 16, 2011 at 1:12am

What is with the price at Hilltop for doubles? Is that price per person or per team? That seems to be a lot for one person just throw some discs. You guys do BYOP or is it random?

Matthew Forney    June 16, 2011 at 12:50am

Sounds Great Cas. Shoot Brian an email. He wants them gone by this weekend. I am out of town or I would help all the way. Cheers!

Peter Shiver    June 15, 2011 at 10:44pm

Seems a little strange to have a grand opening of a course on the same weekend as a sanctioned event....better planning?

I'm curious to see a pic of the container myself, but I don't really have a way to transport the item. I'll talk to one of my friends and see if I can't help get that stuff out of your yard Brian.

Sorry I couldn't make it Edan, I had full intentions of making it down; had a family emergency and had to go down to Kentucky.

Casimir Abramczyk    June 11, 2011 at 2:48pm

Greetings! This post is in responce to Matthew's regarding to the shipping containers; they sound sexxy, can you post a pic? I'd hate for a good resource to go to waste... If nothing else I'll pro-offer my time & truck to haul 'em to the scrapyard and give the proceeds to the association.

John Lorentzen    June 10, 2011 at 6:56am

For those who are not going to Homer this weekend, Hilltop is having a grand opening day. It will be all day Saterday. $1 dogs, burgers and lots of disc golf! Come out and have some fun! Also, Hilltop is looking to hire someone part time for the summer. If you're interested, contact Rick at Hilltop ski area. Nothing like working at a disc golf course!!!!!

Matthew Forney    June 8, 2011 at 9:23pm

Hello ADGAer's'

The shipping containers that the baskets for West Chester Lagoon came in are in Brian Gutzwiller's backyard. These containers are free to whom ever would like to go and get them. I know they are worth money at a recycle/scrap metal yard. These containers are made of steel and they are heavy. You will need a truck and help loading them. Please contact Brian if you are interested in picking these up and making some money. You will need help picking them up-b ... more

Louie Orozco    June 8, 2011 at 1:53am

Hey Som. I'll talk to John about that since we have the meeting tonight. That way we don't have a bunch of different layouts on there like WCL.

Som Bouasri    June 8, 2011 at 1:26am

Great job on getting the course at Hilltop put together. Anyone submit the course details to dgscene so scores and such can be added and tracked for the newest course in Alaska?

John Lorentzen    June 6, 2011 at 10:33pm

Sorry about that It's hilltopskiarea.org. Oh, the top score of the first round was a +2, 60. Good luck!!!

John Lorentzen    June 6, 2011 at 10:22pm

Hilltop is open for play! Yes, no more official work parties!!!! A BIG thanks to the eight people that worked thier ass off this weekend! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Just a reminder, that your season pass can be purchased for $120 as a adga member (for this month only). Then it jumps up to $150. Check out hilltopskiarea.com for more info.

John Lorentzen    June 3, 2011 at 9:42pm

A big thanks to the hand full of people that have been helping! We really appreciate it! Hello ADGA members and disc golfers! We have just a few hilltop work parties left! So give up some of your time and lend a hand! Our next two work days are this Saturday 11am-7pm, and Sunday 11am-7pm. Come out and help!

John Lorentzen    June 1, 2011 at 11:35pm

Hilltop disc golf course is very close to being finished! This is the last week of work! We have a lot to do, so grab your work gloves and lend a hand. The last 3 work parties are this Thursday (6-9), Saturday (11-7), and Sunday (11-7). Everyone is welcome to help! Yes even "Dale" lol!

John Lorentzen    May 28, 2011 at 9:28am

Work party at hilltop tomorrow 11am-7pm. We are wood chipping and pouring sleeves! Come out and help, we sure could use it!

Jamie Adams    May 19, 2011 at 8:39am

Hilltop Disc Golf Course Work Parties!

Jamie Adams    May 19, 2011 at 8:39am

Get pumped- the only thing holding us back from playing this awesome course is the time it takes us to build it!

All work parties will meet in the main parking lot at hilltop. Please come out with your friends and lend a helping hand!

May,