Alaska Disc Golf Association

Est. 2003 • Conservation and Community through Competition

Jeremy Boyd    June 24, 2011 at 4:28am

I'm not sure, just heard a rumor I guess. Kurtis?

John Lorentzen    June 24, 2011 at 3:29am

What time do the doubles start? How much?

Jeremy Boyd    June 23, 2011 at 10:03am

Technically Russian Jack does close at 11 pm, just as most municipal parks in Anchorage do. I have been asked to leave by a patrol officer when there after 11, but I've also played after that time and encountered no one. Play at your discretion I guess...
The standard 9 hole layout will not be used for the tournament though, so if you can you should try to make it for Friday night's doubles round to get a look at the tourney layout. It will be a new layout for everyone this year from what I hear.

Brad Larson    June 23, 2011 at 6:31am

yes, r.j. is open all night, there are no gates or anything, so you are free to play as long as you want.

John Roe    June 23, 2011 at 4:17am

Is the Russian Jack open all night? I'm not getting to AN****il friday night and would like to throw a round before Saturday

Bobb Lockwood    June 22, 2011 at 4:23am

Thank you all for your help and support this last weekend! The Solstice Showdown was a LOT of fun and a huge success. I will see y'all at State's!

Som Bouasri    June 22, 2011 at 2:07am

I pulled some discs out of Westchester. If you've lost any recently. Let me know I'll look in my stash.

John Lorentzen    June 21, 2011 at 3:12am

The Birch Hill Bangers first tourney was a good success! 44 players and over $2,700 brought in..... Great job guys!!

Edan Badajos    June 21, 2011 at 1:25am

The info for the Russian Jack tourney is posted under tournaments:

It should be a great event. Come on out and huck some discs at RJD2 on Saturday!!

John Roe    June 20, 2011 at 10:06pm

What's the schedule for this weekend tourney at the Jack?

Edan Badajos    June 19, 2011 at 10:22pm

Who is going to TD the fairbanks tourney in August?

Chris Goodrich    June 19, 2011 at 1:20pm

Birch hill is a beautiful course, hopefully they'll get an even bigger crowd for their first C-tier this year. Nice job Fairbanks crew, you rocked out today!

Edan Badajos    June 18, 2011 at 9:35pm

To all the folks up in Fairbanks, good luck with your tourney tonight. I wish I could be there for all-night throw down!!

Also, for anyone in Homer this weekend, Jack Gist Park work party tomorrow Sunday 1-6 pm.

Jimmy Gough    June 18, 2011 at 12:37pm

This is coming from an ADGA member that just loves to play disc golf in Alaska but after reading all this I don't feel like being apart of the ADGA. Back stories or not why can't we all huck plastic and support DG in Alaska that is the main point here. I agree with what matt put on the scene I hate to read all this why not just play DG

Edan Badajos    June 18, 2011 at 9:28am

I don't like to get involved in these online discussions, but because my name was mentioned, I will comment.

I was pretty disappointed to see that there was a Hilltop Grand Opening scheduled during the same weekend as the Homer Disc Golf Championships. The HDGC had been on the schedule for months and then the week before the tourney, a conflicting event was announced. All of us who are participating members of the ADGA have been attending the monthly meetings and working together to cre ... more

Steve Harmsen    June 18, 2011 at 8:33am

Just try to imagine our two 18 hole courses in anchorage without John's work. All else aside John has gotten it done.

Brandon Bueter    June 18, 2011 at 7:51am

Oh to all the Dale Rogans and John Hater out there show up at a league, tournament, club meeting make yourself known for you do not exist, you sit behind your computer act all tough, you do not exist....grow a pair and show up.. on here you talk like you are 8 feet tall but in reality you are no better then the **** stuck on the bottom of my shoe, I would love to meet you in a parking lot somewhere and have a civilized conversation... if you have a problem with someone or something take it to a meeting and voice it, show up, stand up and let it out, You do not exist

John Hater    June 18, 2011 at 7:42am

sound familiar slave master John
Favorite Quotations: "Always feed your workers, because a dead slave is useless to you" taken directly off your FB page
is that the way you see your workers, "SLAVES"
the way I see it your my SLAVE, go work away and then I'll enjoy it
why don't you go **** yourself

John Lorentzen    June 18, 2011 at 5:46am

Well said Matt thanks!

Matthew Forney    June 18, 2011 at 5:33am

I am disgusted in all parties on this board right now. I will even include ashamed to be a part of the ADGA...

I have been working constantly to save the courses that are in this town (AKA the ones that are free). The over useage of drugs and alcohol at out public parks is driving the general public to hate us (as in us that is all disc golfers). In addition, the throwing of discs down the walking trails and through pedestrian tunnels is causing a hazard. Just because you carry a bag doe ... more