Skinny Raven Disc Golf Classic

PDGA logoSaturday, July 12, 2014 at Russian Jack in Anchorage, Alaska
C-tier · PDGA sanctioned singles tournament

About this tournament

The Skinny Raven Disc Golf Classic will once again be a one day C-tier event held at Russian Jack Springs Park ... more

Jeremy Boyd    July 14 at 12:52am

Scores are up, props to Thad Gunther for his unofficial 1st round rating of 1022!

Thad Gunther    July 11 at 11:38pm

DISCO!

Jeremy Boyd   July 12 at 12:16am

by the skin of his teeth

Adam Klein   July 12 at 2:30am

grrrrr

Jeremy Boyd    July 11 at 10:54pm

Sorry for the delay in getting the tee times posted, we'll see you all at the Jack!

Jeremy Boyd   July 11 at 10:58pm

site glitch, working on it

Jeremy Boyd   July 11 at 11:01pm

good to go!

Jake Haskin   July 12 at 1:16am

You da man Boydo!!!!

Adam Klein    July 11 at 10:51pm

Tee Times are now in the schedule section on the "About" Tab

Jeremy Boyd    July 11 at 8:58pm

Unfortunately we won't be able to set up the course this evening as we don't have access to the Park's baskets until 7 tomorrow morning. Please feel free to check out the layout though as it's now marked with orange paint with a few exceptions. Please be advised that the golf course is now open again and charging their daily rates until the chalet is closed. : ).

Dominic Plasencia    July 11 at 7:20pm

Ended up picking up some shifts out in gwood this weekend. Have fun everyone!

Jeremy Boyd    July 11 at 6:21pm

Registration has now closed online, but if you're still interested in playing you can contact me at (907)952-0322 up until 6 pm. I will post tee times after that.

Jeremy Boyd    July 10 at 3:01am

While the schedule indicates that "check-in" occurs at 7:30 am, you will not necessarily need to arrive until 30 minutes prior to your tee time to check in. Please be considerate of your card mates and show up ahead of time. If for some reason you are unable to attend, please contact me at (907) 952-0322. Thanks again!

Jeremy Boyd    July 10 at 2:50am

Thank you to everyone who preregistered at Wednesday Night Dubs. If you haven't registered and are still considering attending the event, please register online or contact me and I can arrange to take payment. Can't wait to see you all at the Jack!

tim kosednar    July 9 at 8:27pm

Timk will match the ace pool and an extra $ 20 for an ace on# 6. Play on! Timk

Thad Murgatroyd    July 9 at 1:28pm

Team Hilltop Adv/Adv Masters

Jeremy Boyd   July 9 at 5:55pm

Thad, we are requiring prepayment as we are setting tee times on Friday. You can either give me cash in person or register online here.

Thad Murgatroyd   July 9 at 6:01pm

will do

Jake Haskin    July 9 at 12:09pm

even open gets a disc!? whoa... haha ill be registering Friday (payday) probably play open!

Dale Williams   July 9 at 2:37pm

I think Jeremy said that the online registration will close Thursday around 2pm.

Thad Murgatroyd   July 9 at 2:40pm

Every player at King of the Hill including Open got 2 discs at registration plus a prize disc at the end . When ya got it , Give it.

Jeremy Boyd   July 9 at 5:57pm

I've extended the online registration to 2:00 pm Friday.

Jeremy Boyd    July 9 at 10:35am

I noticed that a few players have registered who played in the advanced masters division last year. If there is enough interest we could offer this division again...let me know

Jeremy Boyd    July 9 at 10:33am

I will be accepting payment for preregistration at Wednesday Night Dubs this evening. I will be at the practice basket before league. If you plan to attend Saturday please consider making your payment tonight or by registering online here. Hope to see you all there!

Jeremy Boyd    July 8 at 6:35pm

I have posted pics of tournament plastic...Glow Teebirds, Glow Leopards, Champ Katanas, and Gummy Champ Rhynos

Jeremy Boyd    July 7 at 3:50pm

I will be leaving online registration up until 2:00 pm on Friday, July 11th. You may also give me payment in person before then. I plan to be at Wednesday night dubs so anyone who would like to pay and secure their registration may do so at that time. I will post tee times on Friday afternoon/evening, and no more registrations will be taken after that point. Thanks all and I hope to see you there!

Jeremy Boyd   July 8 at 12:32am

correct, assuming you are current

Eric Hepola   July 8 at 3:07am

I is...

Jake Haskin   July 8 at 9:48am

sweet! got saturday off, ill be there!!! Is the course gonna be set up friday night to throw? if ya need helpin settin up im off friday night and id be willin to help

Jeremy Boyd    July 3 at 9:17pm

Thanks again to Brian Gutzwiller for his work in determining accurate distances for the layout.

01. 226'

17. 269'

18. 323'

Front 2719'

Back 2444'

Total 5163'

Jeremy Boyd    July 3 at 9:13pm

As this is a PDGA sanctioned event and there have been issues at this venue in the past, we will be strictly enforcing the rules of competition. Please note that anyone observed violating these rules may be subject to disqualification. Let's play some DG!!!

Jeremy Boyd    July 3 at 9:11pm

SKINNY RAVEN DISC GOLF CLASSIC CADDY BOOK PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS CADDY BOOK ASSUMES KNOWLEDGE OF THE REGULAR GOLF/DISC GOLF LAYOUT AT RUSSIAN JACK PARK WHEN REFERENCING “REGULAR” BASKET OR TEE LOCATIONS. IF YOU ARE IN DOUBT, PLEASE ASK QUESTIONS PRIOR TO THE START OF YOUR ROUND OR POLITELY ASK A NEARBY CARD. Hole #1: Tee is located on the north side of the storage shed, and the basket is visible approximately 35’ from the light pole and drainage culvert on the east edge of #9 ... more

Jeremy Boyd    July 3 at 9:08pm

Tim and I will be using the same layout we played at last year's event. You can view a map of the layout by following this link:https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=213585596511672338183.0004e32907bf3adb9fdb6&msa=0&ll=61.206912,-149.785903&spn=0.005881,0.019119