Flaherty Park Ice Bowl

Saturday, January 11, 2014 at Flaherty Park in Watervliet, Michigan
Disc golf singles tournament

About this tournament

***UNOFFICIAL ICE BOWL*** (I'd change the name on the description above but Disc Golf Scene won't let me lo ... more

Dave Brunsting    January 11 at 3:47pm

FYI...We raised $250 today for the North Berrien food pantry today along with A LOT of food. Thanks again to all those that cleared the tee boxes, Essential discs for all the plastic and glass mugs and also Andrew Menz for the CTP and ring of fire prizes. That turned out great!

Dave Brunsting   January 11 at 3:52pm

Plus the lady from the food pantry (Carole) will be getting back to me sometime this week to let me know how many pounds of food we collected. So as soon as I know I will either post it here or in the Flaherty Flingers page.

Andrew Menz   January 11 at 4:13pm

Clarification....I gave one CTP Sippin Time Party Store gave some of the others, along with the majority by Essential Discs. Also a big thanks to Easy Street of Coloma and Saylor's Pizza of Watervliet for the gift certificates.

Andrew Menz    January 10 at 5:58pm

Tee pads are shoveled and we are ready to play be it raining/snowing or not. Hope to see everyone in the morning.

Dave Brunsting   January 10 at 6:31pm

Let it be known that Andrew is awesome.

Andrew Menz   January 11 at 4:14pm

Make that Dan and Ken are Awesome....Andrew is old:-)

Dave Brunsting   January 11 at 6:12pm

Oh hush young buck. I'll be 42 next month.

Lawrence Leonardi essentialdiscs.com    January 7 at 10:51pm

Well I certainly hope Adam and Andrew will be playing!

Tyler Cole    January 7 at 4:54pm

Justin white #61949 am3 if possible plz & thx

Tyler Cole    January 7 at 4:51pm

Tyler cole #56494 am2 plz

Dave Brunsting    January 5 at 4:46pm

IMPORTANT NOTES HERE: - Please keep in mind that this tourney is meant to be fun and raise money and food for a charity. This is not going to be a hyper-serious ultra competitive play for world championship event. Also, much of the registration fees are going to go to the food pantry so payouts are going to be low and there may or may not be a players pack - we're working on that. So please remember that it's for a good cause! - We will take any non-perishable food items the day of ... more

Lawrence Leonardi essentialdiscs.com    January 5 at 2:53pm

Since this is not an official Ice Bowl I would suggest changing the name so as to not get in trouble with the people who run the ice bowl events.

Dave Brunsting   January 5 at 4:22pm

Heh...I've tried (no joke) ten times to get this event registered on their site with no success so IMHO I've done my due dilligence. If they want it registered on their site to make it official they can do it. Not like we're making any money whatsoever off of it. Besides I tried to change the event name and now Disc Golf Scene won't let me because I originally had registration ending on 1/4/14.

Lawrence Leonardi essentialdiscs.com   January 7 at 10:43am

I believe you can re-register the event under a new name and delete this event. At which point you can register the people under edit registration. I understand you are not making money on this, as I have run ICE Bowls in the past and with selling mulligans at $2 per mulligan or $5 for 3. We also ... more

Lawrence Leonardi essentialdiscs.com    January 1 at 11:38am

Is this event being advertised anywhere else besides here?

Lawrence Leonardi essentialdiscs.com   January 5 at 8:54am

I see, do you have a charity picked out to donate to?

Dave Brunsting   January 5 at 4:15pm

Yes we do! That would be the North Berrien Food Pantry at the Coloma UMC.

Lawrence Leonardi essentialdiscs.com   January 7 at 11:16pm

Awesome!

Lawrence Leonardi essentialdiscs.com    December 19 at 7:27pm

Essential Discs will be donating prizes for this event. If you want to register me on the scene I will pay the day of and bring the loot!

Dave Brunsting   December 20 at 3:42pm

You can register...right? I'm a little new to DGscene but I set it up so that it is a cashless reg for this tourney. Just pay the day the day of the event...or am I missing something here? Anyways, thanks for the offer and we'd love to have you.

Lawrence Leonardi essentialdiscs.com   December 22 at 5:46pm

What will the entry fee be upon arrival?

Justin Hulsebos   December 27 at 9:07am

$20 day of

Justin Hulsebos    December 6 at 1:34pm

Have you considered the possibility of stretching this to 4 rounds of 9? A 36 hole tourney vs. 18 seems much more desirable, and the norm.

Joe Rutkowski   December 7 at 9:48am

Ice Bowl tournaments are usually one round of 18 or 24. When you start stretching it to two rounds you lose attendance.

Justin Hulsebos   December 9 at 9:12am