About this tournament
Each Autumn, disc golfers from around the world gather at their local courses for one purpose: to throw aces! No putting, no approaching... just runnin' at the chains.
To add to the challenge and excitement, players all throw the same model disc: in past years this has been a brand new, never-seen-before Discraft prototype disc that is introduced each year especially for Ace Race. All participants receive a player's pack that includes two discs and other goodies. 2010 player's package was valued at $67, your entry fee is only $25! less
|« Prev||1||Next »|
Chadwick - Acerbinky September 29, 2011 at 4:20pm
Players packs are in. Give me a call 503 449 5140
Reverend Gecko September 11, 2011 at 4:38pm
I put some photos here... http://www.discgolfscene.com/profile/21101/pictures
Thomas "T" D. September 10, 2011 at 7:47pm
Way to put one on, C.W.! A great time at the Ace Race!! Smooth as silk operation. Thanks,my friend!!!
Thomas "T" D. September 10, 2011 at 10:26am
There will be a lunch break after the first 2 rounds so bring anything to add to a potluck style lunch!! I am bringing hot dogs, buns and condiments. Chadwick is making chili. Bring chips, soda's, potato salad..you know the drill. Dont depend on just the few to feed the many, Peeps!! If you have charcoal briquets, we have full use of the gazebo at the park. Electricity and running water. I dont have the charcoal so if you want HOT dogs, please help me out by bringing the fuel. Thanks!!
Thomas "T" D. September 10, 2011 at 10:19am
Time to get your Ace Runs on, Peeps!! See you all at Benson!!
Mr B'LEE'DAT September 10, 2011 at 1:37am
seems to then if i bring a buddy that is not pre-registered then he can barrow my disc and still play but have to wait to recieve his players pack? i am bringing a buddy and hope he can join in the raindeer games...
Chadwick - Acerbinky September 9, 2011 at 1:34pm
A few things for the ace race tomorrow. 1. If you are pre registered for the ace race you can check in at tournament central & pick up your players pack at 9:30am, remember DO NOT THROW THE PROTOTYPE DIS****il the start of event. 2. There may be players that sign up the day of event that will not be getting a players pack, you may need to share one of your discs with another player & it would be greatly appreciated. we are out there to have fun. 3. If you are not pre registered and ... more
A few things for the ace race tomorrow.
1. If you are pre registered for the ace race you can check in at tournament central & pick up your players pack at 9:30am, remember DO NOT THROW THE PROTOTYPE DIS****il the start of event.
2. There may be players that sign up the day of event that will not be getting a players pack, you may need to share one of your discs with another player & it would be greatly appreciated. we are out there to have fun.
3. If you are not pre registered and did not receive a players pack you can still sign up & play, you will need to borrow a prototype disc from another player for the event.
4. Non pre registered players who did not receive a pack will receive their players packs within 2 weeks.
5. There will be chili available during lunch break, help with lunch is appreciated.
6. there will also be a ABDG members son's birthday party adjacent to the ace race, you are welcome to bring your family & join in the festivities.
7. We will be raffling off various disc golf items during the break. $1 ea or 6 for $5.
8. the event will be a total of 4 rounds. 2 rounds, lunch then 2 rounds.
9. The winner will get a bag full of a variety of discraft discs.
10. There are no par's, you get 1 throw & move on. you score if you hits an ace or hit metal.
9:30 - check in
10:00 - players meeting
10:30 - Start
12:00 - Lunch
1:00 - 2nd round
2:30 - Awards
Thanks for your support, its going to be a blast.
Reverend Gecko September 8, 2011 at 8:50pm
Guy: "I'm just jazzed about being on the show, man." - Galaxy Quest
Dewey "DUI" D. September 7, 2011 at 11:46am
Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!!!! Benson State Park...Discraft Ace Race...8 spots left.... Get your's before they're gone!!!
Kevin Sweeley aka ONE LIVID MIND September 3, 2011 at 12:48pm
So close.... Should be fun as hell
Chadwick - Acerbinky August 30, 2011 at 2:45pm
Disc-van-go is offering rides this Saturday 9/3 to the Benson Park Cleanup to help prepare the course for the upcoming Discraft AceRace on 9-10-11. Meet at Park Place Coffee 10am & bring picnic supplies.
Chadwick - Acerbinky August 28, 2011 at 12:23pm
Ace Race is just a few weeks away on 9/10/11! I have enough to get 30 players packs so far. So if you want to get your AceRace discs & players packs you need to sign up today!
Chadwick - Acerbinky August 22, 2011 at 1:37pm
I know that there are a few Ace Race discs floating around out there. Try & refrain from throwing them before the event. This years prototype disc is new & not to be thrown before the Ace Race. Just want to keep things fair.
Chadwick - Acerbinky August 18, 2011 at 5:18pm
Half way there.. As soon as we get 25 players signed up, i will consider bumping the event up to 50. I will order the players packs September 1st. We will also be doing a Park cleanup a week before the event, sponsored by DiscVanGo. Thank you DC!
Chadwick - Acerbinky August 15, 2011 at 1:08pm
Sweet, thanks guys! Remember, they will not send me the discs until the week before the event, Discs will be a new prototype disc by Discraft, more here: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150255375763644&set=a.375373368643.158753.325231118643
We will also be organizing a park clean up a week before the event, please come out & join us for the clean up & potluck BBQ.
REMEMBER Benson is a state park & you need a parking pass.