Edan Badajos › Alaska Disc Golf Association March 5 at 5:29am
Alaska Disc Golf Preliminary 2013 Schedule
Sat 16 - Ice Bowl – Peter’s Creek (Brian)
Sat 11th – Moose Calf Challenge – Homer, Jack Gist (MPDGC)
18/19 – Greatland Cup - Juneau (John S)
25/26 – 27th Memorial Day
Sat 1st – Forest Fling – Girdwood (MPDGC)
Sat 8th – Sun 9th - Gangster Branch Open – Homer, Moose Pretzel (MPDGC)
15/16 – Solstice Tourney – Fairbanks (Cam)
Sat 20th – Sun 21st – AKDGC – Anchorage, Kincaid & PC (Brian, Louie, Kurtis)
3/4 –10/11 - Russian Jack (Tim K.)
17/18 – Fairbanks Open (Josh)
31/1 – 2nd Labor Day
Sat 7th – Sun 8th - Tall Grass Open – Homer, Moose Pretzel (MPDGC)
Sat 21st – Jailhouse – Peter’s Creek (Louie)
Sat 28th – Sun 29th – Skyview Eagle Open – Kenai/Soldotna (MPDGC)
12/13 – Season Finale/AK Doubles – Anchorage, Kincaid (Andrew and Adam)
Sat 26th – Fall Tourney – Homer, Jack Gist (MPDGC)
Sat 16th - Turkey Tourney – Anchorage, Westchester (Brian)
Others: Ace Race (Louie)??? Hilltop – Anchorage (John T.)???
Alaska Disc Golf Association
Club Meeting - 3/5/13 - 7 pm
1. ADGA Positions/Responsibilities for 2013:
Kurtis Schoenberg – President/Homer rep.
Edan Badajos - Vice President/Secretary/Moose Pretzel rep.
Brian Gutzwiller - Parks and Rec. Liaison/Course Maint. Coordinator
Louie Orozco - Treasurer/Leagues/Membership Coordinator
Josh Jones - PDGA State Coordinator/Fairbanks rep.
Tim K. - Russian Jack/Westchester rep.
Thad G. – Course Maint./ Merchandise
John S. - Juneau rep.
Andrew J. - Kenai/Soldotna rep.
Jerry Lavine – Media
Andrew D – Sponsorship
Jeremy B, Adam K, Patrick M – Leagues/Tournament Directors?
Charlie A. – Strongside DG/Fairbanks rep.
John T. - Hilltop rep.
Jackson - Girdwood rep.
Tre Jones – Alcantra rep.
2. Ice Bowl Update – Brian –
3. Hilltop Update – Brian - We would like to renew our equipment lease agreement with Hilltop at a yearly rate of $1000 with ADGA members still receiving discounted fees. John T. will be our Hilltop rep. for 2013.
4. Westchester Update – Tim K
5. Peter’s Creek Update – Edan/Brian/Tim K – comments/suggestions for proposed new layout.
6. Moose Pretzel Leagues – 10-week long PDGA sanctioned league in Homer at Jack Gist and the Pretzel starting with the Moose Calf Challenge (May 11). We will be ordering discs soon.
7. Fundraising/Tournament Merchandise – The ADGA will be selling discs and other equipment to raise money for course maintenance projects (Prodigy). Edan and Thad G. will be responsible for ordering discs for tournaments and fundraising.
8. Alaska Disc Golf Championships Update - Due to the increased number of participants at states this year, we will need to have the tournament at two different courses in 2013. The 2013 AKDGC will be held at Kincaid and Peter’s Creek with different divisions playing the courses on different days. We will have two Tournament Directors each day, one for Kincaid and one for PC. Brian will be the Head Tournament Director and Louie and Kurtis will be assistant TDs.
Note: The ADGA will continue to use the social networking site Disc Golf Scene as a discussion board and to post information on tournaments, leagues, club announcements, and other info. The ADGA will also maintain the current Alaskadiscgolf.com website.
Moose Pretzel Disc Golf League 2013
Sat 11th – Moose Calf Challenge – Homer, Jack Gist
Sat 18th – Homer, Jack Gist
Sat 25th - Homer, Jack Gist
Sat 1st – Forest Fling – Girdwood
Wed 5th – Homer, Moose Pretzel
Sat 8th – Sun 9th - Gangster Branch Open – Homer, Moose Pretzel
Sat 15th - Homer, Jack Gist
Sat 22nd - Homer, Jack Gist
Sat 29th - Homer, Jack Gist
Sat 6th - Homer, Jack Gist
Sat 13th - Homer, Jack Gist
Wed 17th – Homer, Moose Pretzel
Sat 20th – Sun 21st – AKDGC – Anchorage, Kincaid & PC