Edan Badajos › Alaska Disc Golf Association January 10 at 4:08am
Alaska Disc Golf Association
Club Meeting - 1/8/13
In Attendance: Kurtis, Edan, Louie, Brian, Tim K, Jerry
1. Leagues Update – Louie will continue to manage leagues in 2013. He has committed to running Wed Night Doubles and will be recruiting other members to help run Sat Singles Leagues. Starting in May, the MPDGC will be running weekly leagues at Jack Gist Park in Homer.
2. Westchester Update – Tim K will be the ADGA contact person for Westchester Disc Golf Course. The course will be closed again for summer 2013. Anchorage Parks and Rec is currently discussing options for the future of the park. Another recreational public course could possibly be installed at Russian Jack Springs Park. Post your ideas on the Westchester or Russian Jack pages on Disc Golf Scene.
3. Hilltop Update – The ADGA would like to renew our equipment lease agreement with Hilltop.
4. Peter’s Creek Update – The ADGA is planning a large scale course maintenance project at Peter's Creek. We would like to install cement tee pads on all holes to provide better footing for players. Other modifications may be made to improve safety and fair play. The goal is to complete this project by mid-July so that the course will be ready to host states. Brian has begun writing the construction plan and has suggested the ADGA come up with a fundraiser disc for the project. Tim K will contact local golfers and invite them to participate in the project. The ADGA is now accepting input and ideas. Please post your comments on the Peter’s Creek page on Disc Golf Scene.
5. Alaska Disc Golf Championships Update - Due to the increased number of participants at states, we will need to have the tournament at two different courses in 2013. The 2013 AKDGC will be held at Kincaid and Peter’s Creek with different divisions playing the courses on different days. We will have two Tournament Directors each day, one for Kincaid and one for PC. Brian will be the Head Tournament Director and Louie and Kurtis will be assistant TDs.
Note: The ADGA will continue to use the social networking site Disc Golf Scene as a discussion board and to post information on tournaments, leagues, club announcements, and other info. The ADGA will also maintain the current Alaskadiscgolf.com website.
6. ADGA Positions/Responsibilities for 2013:
Kurtis Schoenberg – President/Homer rep.
Edan Badajos - Vice President/Secretary/Moose Pretzel rep.
Brian Gutzwiller - Parks and Rec. Liaison/Course Maint. Coordinator
Louie Orozco - Treasurer/Leagues/Membership Coordinator
Josh Jones - PDGA State Coordinator/Fairbanks rep.
Tim K. - Russian Jack/Westchester rep.
Thad M. - Hilltop rep.
John S. - Juneau rep.
Andrew J. - Kenai/Soldotna rep.
Jerry Lavine – Media
Andrew D – Sponsorship/Website??
Jeremy B, Adam K, Patrick M – Leagues/Tournament Directors?
7. Next Meeting – Tuesday, Feb 5th 7 pm.