March 20, 2013 is the first day of spring!!! It also marks the LAST day for clubs to join the 2013 RIVAL CLUBS SERIES.
In my efforts to promote northwest disc golf clubs communication and relations by competing in this series and cooperating to share players for these events, I realize there must be some guidelines.
1) RIVAL CLUBS series sign ups cut-off date to be 1st day of spring each year. Events may be hosted before this day but ONLY clubs committed to host an event at their "home course" by the 1st day of spring may schedule an event for the RIVAL CLUBS series later in the year.
2) A club may ONLY claim a course as their "home course" if within the last year that club has contributed to said course in maintenance or development.
3) Details such as divisions, cost (buy-in, trophies), prizes of each RIVAL CLUBS series will be determined by the previous years committee of Tournament Directors.
4) ONLY clubs registered on discgolfscene.com are eligible to join a RIVAL CLUBS series since RIVAL CLUBS operates EXCLUSIVELY on discgolfscene. This is to make communication easy and to award players achievements using the discgolfscene system.
5) Each club participating in the RIVAL CLUBS series must contribute to the series the following;
A) Tournament Director (TD) willing to host an event using the RC points scoring system. Note; RC can parallel
B) A trophy decorated in ANY manor the "host" club sees fit. (host trophy goes to events "club points" leader)
C) Take an equal share in planing and hosting the series finale. (to be determined by committee of TDs)