Disc Fanatics of Kansas May 1, 2012 at 12:21am
This Week in DFOK Country
It's going to be a busy week in DFOK Country! There is something disc golf related going on nearly every day this week!
1. Tuesday Evening - "Tuttle Tuesday" League - Random Partner Doubles - 5:30p Start Time.
2. Wednesday Evening - "Warner Wednesday" League - Flint Hills Bag Tag League & Points League - 5:30p Start Time.
3. Thursday Evening - "Get Around 2 It" - Outdoor expo beside the Flint Hills Discovery Center (Manhattan) - 5:00p to 8:00p.
4. Saturday Morning - Tuttle Creek Disc Golf Workday - 8:30p Start Time (Come & go as you wish)
5. Sunday Afternoon - Ft. Riley Big Red One (BRO) League - Casual Singles - 4:00p Start Time.
1&2. By now, you know all about these leagues. Come play with & against your friends in these two leagues.
3. On Thursday evening, Manhattan's Convention & Visitors Bureau is hosting the 4th annual "Get Around 2 It" expo. The event takes place at the Blue Earth Plaza, south of the Flint Hills Discovery Center (at 4th & Colorado). This event is designed to help residents find out about many of the interesting activities the area has to offer. More than 50 area attractions, organizations, and businesses will be represented at this expo. The event will also include activities, prize drawings and live music!
Yes, the Disc Fanatics of Kansas will be at this years Get Around 2 It (again). We have arranged to set-up an information table, plus a putting station. Of course we will be introducing our sport to many (potential) players and or club members. In addition this will be a great venue to educate the public about the positive impacts courses have on parks, while having minimal impacts on neighboring properties...
Come on down & check out the entire event, plus feel free to stop by the DFOK table to help out for a while or at least try to earn a highly sought after event "token" at the putting station.
4. Saturday Morning has been designated by the DFOK club as a Tuttle Creek Disc Golf Work Day. There will be many projects taking place. Some of which include; the delivery of and the spreading of mulch / wood chips, making repairs to the baskets, repairing existing & installing new pin placements, plus a few other tasks if time permits. The start time is set for 8:30am, however feel free to come and go as needed. So, find a pair of gloves plus a rake or shovel then head to the Tuttle Course Saturday morning.
5. As you might not already know there is a weekly league, on Sunday's, at the Ft. Riley Conference Center. The league is called the BRO League (Big Red One), which is hosted each week by many of the on-post disc golfers.
Hope you enjoy your week full of disc golf!