Kenai Eagle Disc Golfers December 16, 2010 at 2:03am
12-15-10 Meeting Minutes
In attendance: Ian Dolphin, James Gough, Oscar Mills, Chris Goodrich
1. The club will keep the name Kenai Eagle disc Golf Club, with the possibility of changing it if the course in Kenai comes into being. Also under consideration is teaming up with Homer and Seward for a Kenai Peninsula club.
2. The board voted unanimously to buy bag tags for the top six finishers in the league point series from last year. Finishing place will be based on each players top eight finishes during the league season.
3. It was decided to run at least two tournaments next year.
The first will be in early May. The Kenai Eagle Challenge will be held as a fundraiser with the goal of raising money for teepads (maybe the third year will be a charm).
The fourth Kenai Eagle Open will be held on 8-27-10.
Mark your calendars.
4. Tag prices were officialy approved as $15 for locals and $20 for out-of-towners (subject to change if the club structure changes). Anyone holding a tag will be eligible to vote at KEDGC meetings. It was also agreed that the owner of the #1 tag at the end of the challenge will be awarded a trophy disc. Local players will be asked to create the disc.
5. Also talked about was the clubs relationship with the ADGA. All four board members decided that membership within the ADGA should be sought, and that KEDGC should make sure to vote in upcoming elections to further disc golf in all of Alaska.