7 acres of trees is in need of some course maintenance ( it has been snowing up here for the past few days ) lots of fallen limbs weighed down from the snow... also tee box #'s 5 & 6 need to be graveled and fairways #6 and #7 have a few piles of shrubbery/limbs that could use clearing... (they are neatly stacked).
* i have the gravel but due to the elevation of the tee boxes that need it... i can't get the gator or tractor to them (the nearest i can get the machines is about 30ft to them) i have 3 wheel barrels and the gator has a lift bed on it... the tractor to load the gravel into the bed of the gator.
* the shrubbery/limbs will be the hardest work (they will have to be dragged out by hand) a truck is provided on the land to load... a PTO driven wood chipper is provided as well and the plan is to eventually spread the chips around the basket locations.
* some trees have been falled so if u need fire wood bring a chainsaw to cut them up if u want the wood... plus u can take some of the bigger limbs for fire kindling too.
Ewing Young is in need of hole #2's tee box sign.
* I have remade the sign for the 3rd time... ( as somehow it kept getting broken/ripped out of the ground)? concrete is provided all that is needed is for it to be put into the ground.
* 4 of the trash buckets are in bad shape/broken ( need replacing i have 2 that i can donate )
* the bench by tee box #7 has been broken and eventually will need replacing
* spray paint on tee boxes #'s 2 and #7 need to be removed/cleaned
Horning's Hide Out (signs)
* All 3 course map signs need to be mounted for Highlands, Canyon, and Meadow Ridge (ask Bob http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100000923715269 .... PLEASE DO NOT SPAM HIM OR BOTHER HIM IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO HELP) he asked us a few weeks ago as to our thoughts to where he should put the signs... ( keep in mind of festival events as they take place not just disc golf) so traffic flow is a concern to the signage placement.
Hag lake/Sain Scoggins... TBA...
* There is talk about P.O.M.A.P. taking on some up keep and care duties of this course ( Future projects will be announced )
course info can be found at: http://www.discgolfscene.com/courses/Sain_Scoggins
Champoeg (state park)
* hole # 6's short pin location sleeve has been ran over by the mower... ( making only the long pin location playable) the sleeve may be salvageable if some one has a crow bar and muscle to round out the upper lip of the inner part of the sleeve's diameter i believe it can be saved w/ out a new sleeve and concrete... otherwise you can contact the park via this link: http://www.oregonstateparks.org/park_113.php
* Park is almost finalized w/ the new lay out... we once fought hard and long to keep this park here and over the past 3 years it's had 4 different layouts constant vandalism etc... finally there are porta-pottys trash cans 9 tee boxes and 9 baskets... new signage is needed to finalize the course... you can get a hold of brody as i no longer live in that area: http://www.discgolfscene.com/profile/1885 or the park rec depot: http://www.thprd.org/ for further info needed
Thanks for your time on reading this info
Matt Hylton (503) 484 6969