Mt Pleasant Bag Tag Challenge
About this League
continue reading ›
Have fun and follow the rules and spirit of disc golf. The purpose of the Bag Tag is to add another fun element to personal, league, and tournament rounds of disc golf. Please display your Bag Tag where others can easily see it.
Your goal is to have the lowest numbered Bag Tag possible and have fun along the way.
Rules of Engagement
1. Members who “posses a current Bag Tag in hand” may issue/schedule/participate in challenge(s).
2. Any member with a higher Bag Tag number may challenge any player with a lower Bag Tag number to a round of disc golf.
3. Members cannot avoid challenges by leaving the Bag Tag at home or by concealing your Bag Tag.
4. Challenges may be made in person, by telephone or e-mail. When a challenge via telephone or e-mail has been accepted, neither player can participate in Casual challenges until the agreed upon match has taken place.
5. The player receiving the challenge can choose the course to be played AND must make a “fair and reasonable” effort to be available within 2 weeks.
6. If the challenger cannot agree to a reasonable time or date for the match within the coming week, the challenge is void and both players may look for new challenges.
7. Once the challenge has been agreed upon, any changes must be agreed upon otherwise a forfeiture may occur.
8. If the challenger has the lowest score for the round, the tags must be exchanged immediately following the round.
9. Challenges are on a round-by-round basis; i.e. challenges are for one round only in a multiple round event.
Automatic Challenges (AC)
• Automatic challenge during any League, Tournament, or Casual/Recreational rounds, if any MPDGC Bag Tag holder(s) are on your card (in group).
• The challenge does not need to be publicly announced or agreed upon before the start of the round--it is automatic!
• Members may not deny this challenge.
Casual Round Challenges (CRC)
MPDGC members may casually meet at a course OR agree to meet at a course/time to compete for bag tags in:
• Head-to-Head (me vs. you) challenges.
• Group Challenges, where multiple players each put a Bag Tag at stake during the group round.
• Members may not deny a challenge and then proceed to play a round (see forfeiture).
Wins, Ties, and Exchanges
Q: How do I win?
A: The player with the lowest score at the end of the challenge round earns the lowest numbered Bag Tag among the challengers.
Q: I won, when do I receive my winning Bag Tag?
A: Bag Tags must be exchanged immediately following the round.
Q: What happens if we have a tie?
A: In the event of a tie, the player who started with the lowest numbered Bag Tag will be awarded the lowest numbered Bag Tag. This may require some sorting in a group challenge.
Challengers who have just won, may, but do not have to accept/schedule a rematch challenge from a player that the s/he just beaten unless one of the following occurs:
1. Either player completes another, separate challenge.
2. One week has passed.,
Whichever comes first.
Rematches are overridden by automatic challenges that occur during a subsequent round of a multi-round event.
1. Certain players, when agreed upon by admins, will receive a handicap to be administered as part of every bag tag challenge, automatic or not. Current players with handicap are:
Rosie Palmieri- 5 strokes
Nikki Taylor - 5 strokes
2. If you challenge a player with a lower tag than you and you lose said challenge, you must now pay the lower tag holder a “Bad Challenge” fee of $2.00.
‹ less text
TJ Wilson February 15, 2010 at 8:12pm
there's a sneak peak of the new tags hanging system in my pictures. check it out and let me know what you think.
Craig Clingan December 31, 2009 at 4:15pm
With the new year upon us, let's get together and come up with a new tag for 2010. Any ideas?
TJ Wilson November 23, 2009 at 8:16pm
Bag Tag Update
over the thanksgiving break, if you get a chance please post what number tag you have in the talk forum and i'll add one big match on mon or tues that will correct all the problems. If you know of anyone who has a tag and is not generally online that often, please ask them over the next week what tag they have. thanks.