DGLO Championship Series
Jun 20, 2010 · Top scores
Hudson Mills Metropark
Blue tees (long), 24 holes
About this League
continue reading ›
The scoring system of this points series breaks down as follows.
1. Only players who have paid the one-time, 10 dollar entry fee are officially eligible to earn points in the series. After each event, any player who has not paid the $10 fee but wants their tournament results counted in order to earn series points has until the end of the next tournament to pay. If you wait longer, your point totals will be removed, and each player behind you who has paid their $10 fee will move up one place in the points standings for that event. This means the point totals for each event remain "unofficial" until the end of the next event. Players who have paid their entry fees will be marked as "current" on the leaderboard by an asterisk before their name.
2. The $10 fee each player pays to enter the points series goes directly into the payout for Overall Points Series. The Overall purse will be supplemented through 50/50 CTPs at each event. The purse may have other donations added as well - details will follow if and when this happens.
3. Players who are "current" will earn points for each of the six tournaments of A3DISC's DGLO Championship Series which will be capped by a blowout final event at Lakeshore on July 11.
4. The top third of points scorers in each division will be paid out; however, the vast majority of the purse will be awarded to the players in each division who earn a spot in the Safari Final 9 which will immediately follow the finals at Lakeshore. The champion of each division that has at least 5 competitors entered in the series will earn a very special mystery prize as part of their payout.
5. Points will be awarded separately within each division according to the following scoring system.
a) points distributed according to order of finish within each division among players who are "current"
only. Players who have not joined the series will be ignored when determining order of finish.
1st place: 6 points
2nd place: 5 points
3rd place: 4 points
4th place: 3 points
5th place: 2 points
Participant: 1 point
b) Bonus points will be awarded if you finish in the actual top 3 of a division while including the scores
of players not entered in the series as follows:
1st place: 3 point bonus
2nd place: 2 point bonus
3rd place: 1 point bonus
c) 1 bonus point will be awarded for every four players you defeat or tie with within your division,
including foes bested who have not entered the series.
6. The top 4 point winners in each division (with least 5 players who have entered the points series) after all six tournaments will earn a place in the Safari Final 9 at Lakeshore. Smaller divisions will be represented by two players each in the Final 9.
7. Rules for the Safari Final 9:
a) Any ties for the last spot in the Final 9 (within any division) will be settled by a sudden death playoff
whose parameters will be determined by A3 if necessary.
b) The Final 9 is a separate tournament from DGLO #6 at Lakeshore. Scores will not carry over;
however, a season of quality play will be rewarded using the following handicap system.
1st place: no handicap
2nd place: +1 stroke handicap
3rd place: +2 stroke handicap
4th place: +3 stroke handicap
‹ less text
Tim Gacioch April 1, 2010 at 4:12pm
Total Cash and Prizes Added From DGLO Series
Total Cash added to the Discraft Great Lakes Open through this series as of March 29: $736
Total cash added to the purse of the DGLO Championship Series: $559.15
14 discs, 1 mini, and 3 pint glasses carry over to April's Treasure Chest.
Tim Gacioch March 1, 2010 at 1:27pm
Added Cash & Prizes Raised Through DGLO Series
Total cash added to the Discraft Great Lakes Open through this series as of March 1: $415
Total cash added to the purse of the DGLO Championship Points Series: $436.15
12 discs, a mini, and 2 pint glasses carry over to March's Treasure Pile. More will be added at each event until someone hits the mother lode!
Tim Gacioch February 1, 2010 at 4:19pm
Thank you for supporting disc golf in Michigan!
Total cash added to the purse of the Discraft Great Lakes Open: $250
Total cash added to the purse of the DGLO Championship Points Series: $230
5 discs and a beer mug carry over to February's Treasure Toss. More will be added at each event until someone hits the mother lode!