2014 Wednesday Night Dubs
Ace Pool total is
Next league dayWednesday, August 6 @ 6:15pm
Jul 23, 2014 · Top scores
Am tees, 18 holes
About this League
continue reading ›
- I MUST have your money by the posted time (6:15 pm). Failure to comply will result in Members paying the Non-Member rate. Options: have another person buy you in (other than myself), pay in advance, or quite simply, be on time.
- Most PDGA rules are in play.
-The point system will be in play again this year to reward those who come out often to support the Club. Double points will be handed out at the Dubs opener on May 7th.
- Mark your disc, flip your disc or just leave it. Once player A has thrown player B must throw with the same lie. The first infraction will be a warning, the 2nd will be a stroke penalty.
- Player A throws first from the Odd Tees. Player B throws first from the Even Tees. Players then play from one another's disc. (This rule only applies to those who can't decide who's turn it is to throw).
- 1 minute to choose lie then 30 seconds per player to throw.
- If you lose a disc, the same 3 minutes to find your disc is in play.
- If a player picks up their lie then it's decided they would indeed like to play from that lie, it's too late.
- If you begin a dubs round and need to leave because of an emergency your partner can still play. However, it will be a solo round (no mulligans will be allowed in this situation).
- NO ALCOHOL! I've been very lenient years past but now we're in the spotlight.
- Ties for first will be decided in a 3 basket playoff using the pro tees. If the tie is not settled after 3 baskets a throw off will take place from the kiosk to the practice basket.
All other ties will do a CTP from one of three spots: the kiosk (red gate), the roof, or the soccer ball to the practice basket. Players are NOT allowed to throw from any of these three locations before, during or after a WNDubs round. Failure to comply will result in forfeiting your throw in a playoff.
- Should there be a Cali, the person who draws the Cali has two options: 1) pay only the buy-in amount and have 1 extra throw per hole and receive half the payout for the place you finished or 2) buy-in twice and get two drives, two upshots, and two putts for a full payout. If the Cali decides NOT to buy in twice (s)he has the option to purchase the Rollover Plan. This will allow a player to rollover up to 3 Cali throws by having not used one on any previous basket. Only one mulligan can be used per hole. In other words, you can't unload 3 mulligans on one hole. The RP costs $3.
- $20 bills. Members paying with a $20 dollar bill will receive $6 as their change. The other $7 will fund a future WND's league. $20 will buy you in to 3 WND events. To those of you who prepay: first off, thanks for doing so. You make my job easier by doing so. Also, if you know you'll be at todays Dubs please text me or send me a message on here. I'll add you to the spread sheet and you won't have to check in later. Again, this is very much appreciated.
- The Ace Fund will be paid out differently than normal. It used to be if you hit an ace you'd win the pot. Now, the fund will be paid out monthly. If an ace is hit that player will win the entire month worth of Ace money. If it's hit by 2 or more it will be split evenly. If an Ace is not hit during the month most of the pot will go to the club, the difference will be used towards future Dub rounds (i.e. CTP's, added cash to the payout, bounties, etc).
- Last year I gave away points to those who missed a Dubs league after having been to at least the previous 3 weeks. I won't be doing that again this year. Well, I kinda will. I'll give a player 20 points should they miss a Dubs round for playing in a sanctioned tournament in the Lower 48. (The previous 3 weeks still applies.)
- There will be NO Winner-Take-All Dubs this year.
- We will have 3 or 4 double point nights this year. They will be announced the week before.
‹ less text
Lou Dogg 7 days ago
Because you guys always give me your 100% undivided attention during announcements I don't find it necessary to remind you of next weeks Dubs... but I will anyways. Dubs on 7-30-14 will be a Bring Your Own Partner Dubs. If you don't find a partner you're still welcome to attend. Those of you will draw cards for your partner. Remember, DON'T BE THE LAST ONE TO DUBS ON WEDNESDAY. There will NOT be a Cali at this league. Example: if 10 teams say they'll be there, that's 20 people. If 9 peo ... more
Because you guys always give me your 100% undivided attention during announcements I don't find it necessary to remind you of next weeks Dubs... but I will anyways.
Dubs on 7-30-14 will be a Bring Your Own Partner Dubs. If you don't find a partner you're still welcome to attend. Those of you will draw cards for your partner. Remember, DON'T BE THE LAST ONE TO DUBS ON WEDNESDAY. There will NOT be a Cali at this league. Example: if 10 teams say they'll be there, that's 20 people. If 9 people show up to draw, people 1-8 will draw. Person #9 will be left out. Again, no Cali this week.
Lastly, please respond to THIS thread with your team (and only this thread). The incentive to sign up now is that cards will be assigned in the order you sign up. Meaning the first two teams to sign up will start on #1, next two teams will start on #3, etc. Lemme know!
Lou Dogg May 8 at 4:42am
Thanks to everyone who came out to the Wednesday Night Dubs opener! Thirty-six of you braved the near perfect conditions.
Opening day attendance since 2010:
'10 - 12
'11 - 18
'12 - 27
'13 - 31
'14 - 36
Yeah, our sport is growing. And incase you're wondering, our all time record attendance is 37. My payout chart only goes to 40 participants. I'll gladly fix that. Where my 40's at?!?!?
Lou Dogg May 7 at 2:45pm
Back at it again...
Just a friendly reminder that we'll be back at Kincaid Park beginning tonight through the end of Septemberish. Double points will be handed out tonight! Also, if I owe you an ADGA member only disc, please see me tonight after Dubs. Member tags will be handed out next week (14th). Lastly, Yeti Dogs will be back at it again. Please support them as they take good care of us. See you all there!!!