2014 Cobb Disc Golf Bag Tag Challenge
About this League
continue reading ›
2014 Cobb Disc Golf Bag Tag Challenge Rules1. Tags must be attached to bags or carts and carried whenever you are playing.
2. You may challenge anyone carrying a tag.
3. The challenge must be accepted by each participating player to be valid.
4. You may refuse a challenge if you are out practicing (this is only acceptable occasionally).
5. You may not hide when you have a lower number tag. It would be advisable if you have a low tag (especially #1) that you at least play a challenge once a month.
6. If you have to leave during a challenge round (for any reason) you will forfeit your tag and graciously accept the highest numbered tag in the group.
7. In the case of a tie, the player who held the lowest numbered tag prior to the match would receive the lower numbered tag and so on.
8. The current tag season will begin with a kickoff event (Wednesday, Jan 1 @ 10am) and will remain active until a final event sometime in December 2014.
9. If you lose your tag you may be able to PURCHASE a new one (depending upon availability for $5.00).
10. Anyone caught cheating or holding out (or purposely not bringing your tag) will be dealt with by the local players and will probably involve a baseball bat and shovel.
11. Bag Tag matches during tournaments are automatic, provided someone runs the action. This includes getting everyone’s tag before the first round, tallying everyone’s scores, getting tags distributed at the end of the tournament, and entering the results in the website. If I am playing in a tournament, I will run the action. Tournament bag tag challenges will be based on the cumulative score (all rounds totaled). When entering a tournament challenge based on a cumulative score, you will have to have a tag update recorded also. This is because the tag order will automatically update based on the last rounds results. Enter each round individually and then finally a basic Tag Update.
12. Occasionally during a tournament different divisions play different layouts (example rec plays short pads). When this happens then the challenge will be split into different pools based on the layouts played. This can be overruled if everyone in that particular challenge agrees.
13. We’ll utilize http://www.discgolfscene.com/ to keep track of the league standings. If you don’t already have an account there, please sign up for one using the email address you give me when you purchase your tag. The account is free. If you use the email address you supplied me, your account will automatically be linked to the 2014 Cobb Bag Tag Challenge when I add your information. Here’s a link to the page. http://www.discgolfscene.com/leagues/2014_Cobb_Disc_Golf_Bag_Tag_Challenge
14. You will enter challenge matches at this link…
https://www.discgolfscene.com/leagues/2014_Cobb_Disc_Golf_Bag_Tag_Challenge/scoring Once a match is entered I will get an email to verify the match. After I verify the match, the results will be displayed on the website and any tag updates will be made. Please enter the matches promptly so the database stays updated accurately. IMPORTANT: The only way this will work is if you enter your tag score and subsequent tag changes on this page; please make sure to do it! I’ll generally check the site each morning for matches that need verification. Please only one person enter the match(s). A good rule of thumb is that the winner enters the match. Duplicate entries generally result in a delay in the match getting verified, until I can check with BOTH people who entered the scores.
15. I will enter most of the Atlanta area courses into the league course directory on our league page. If you play a course that is not on the league list you may either substitute a similar course or contact me and I’ll add the course for you. I should be able to do this quickly from my phone. You may text message/call me if you have questions, problems, etc. Craig Dickerson - 404-867-4254.
‹ less text
Craig Dickerson February 10, 2014 at 12:25pm
ADGO tag league info
Cobb Taggers, As a lot of you know, next Saturday 2/15 is the ADGO Bag Tag kick off at Redan! I’m sure some of you are going to get into the ADGO tag league too (including me). As an effort to avoid taking attention away from Steve Adams and the ADGO league kick off, we will not be formally running Cobb bag tag action during the kick off. For those of you interested, the ADGO bag tag league is a lot of fun. This is a good way to play against a more diverse group of guys and gals from all ... more
As a lot of you know, next Saturday 2/15 is the ADGO Bag Tag kick off at Redan! I’m sure some of you are going to get into the ADGO tag league too (including me). As an effort to avoid taking attention away from Steve Adams and the ADGO league kick off, we will not be formally running Cobb bag tag action during the kick off.
For those of you interested, the ADGO bag tag league is a lot of fun. This is a good way to play against a more diverse group of guys and gals from all over metro Atlanta including our area, Gwinnett, Forsyth, the Southside, and more. The Cobb Bag Tag league is modeled from the successful ADGO format. They use Disc Golf Scene to track tags as well. So if you like the Cobb league, you’ll probably like the ADGO league too. Hope to see some of y’all out there.
Craig Dickerson February 3, 2014 at 9:39am
disc golf scene site issues
It seems that there is a glitch with the discgolfscene website. It’s not letting folks choose the state or the course when doing round updates. I’ll send a message out when the site is back to normal. I know of several rounds that still need to be submitted so tags may be out of whack until the updates happen. If you have a tag update that has not been entered, please hang onto them and submit them when the site is ready. Make sure to enter the correct date and time so that it will sort the tags correctly. Let me know if you have any questions. 404-867-4254
Craig Dickerson February 1, 2014 at 4:29am
2014 Oregon Park Ice Bowl Feb 8th
Just a reminder that the Ice Bowl is right around the corner. Please pre register if you plan on coming to make check in easier and smoother for everyone. Here's a link to the sign up page....
Craig Dickerson January 31, 2014 at 1:30pm
For those of you who don't know, there is a Facebook page for the league. Please ask to join if you aren't already a member.
Craig Dickerson January 28, 2014 at 2:29pm
Tag challenge moved to Sunday at Deer Lick!
Due to several scheduling conflicts, the tag challenge that was going to be played this Saturday at Deer Lick will be moved to Sunday Feb 2nd. I heard there is a football game the same day at 6:30pm that some of you may want to watch so we'll try to get in and out. We'll try to do threesomes for speed. Tee off promptly at 10am, please don't be late. If you are running late and want to try to squeeze in, text me at 404-867-4254. Free to play for tags with optional $5 CTP's and $5 side action.
Craig Dickerson January 15, 2014 at 9:18pm
Picking up reserved tags.
Some of you guys who have reserved tags still need to pick it up. I will be at Oregon Park tomorrow around 5pm for glow golf if anybody wants to meet me there. I should be there till about 8:30 or so. Let me know if you are planning on coming. Might as well stay for a glow round too! Alternatively, I live near Kennesaw Mountain High School and my office is in Acworth at Baker Rd and Hickory Grove Rd if it's easier for you to meet around either of those areas.
Craig Dickerson January 9, 2014 at 5:52pm
New tags are in!
Alright folks, for those of you who are waiting, the tags 51-100 are in! A few of us are meeting at Frog Rock on Sunday for a round (11am tee off). Come out to get your tag or play a round with tags up for grabs. One round long, one round short. Action TBD based on attendance! I live near Kennesaw Mtn Highschool if you'd like to arrange getting your tag sooner.
Craig Dickerson January 3, 2014 at 6:32pm
wrong tag numbers
It appears that there were a few tag numbers that got a little screwed up last Wednesday. Please look at the leader board carefully. If your tag is different from the leader board let me know so I can update it to reflect what you have. You can send your correct number to me at [email redacted]
Thanks and sorry for the confusion...
Bob Williams December 30, 2013 at 8:38pm
First 2014 Cobb Disc Golf Kick Off 1-1-2014 @ 10AM
The first Cobb Disc Golf Bag Tag Challenge of 2014 will be held at Oregon Park with a start time of 10AM.
Sign up starts at 9:15AM with Tee assignments at 9:50AM.
Must be present and paid by 9:45AM.
$5 for the bag tag and an optional $5 for 5 CTPs.
The first round will be Gold to Silver for everyone. Optional second round layout to be determined, but probably Gold to Gold.
Initial bag tags will be held until the results of round one.
We will be using http://www.random.org/lists/ to determine card assignments.